Advertisement

Author Topic: Did anyone get the new iphone yet?  (Read 5704 times)

zena

Did anyone get the new iphone yet?
« on: October 01, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
J/C. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

f.u.too

Re: Did anyone get the new iphone yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »

proudlao

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
No, waiting for the 6  :)

Like this post: +1

couchpotato

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
No, waiting for the 6  :)

Do you even know how to use a smart phone?  ???

:D ;D

proudlao

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Yup, youtube is a good source for that. lol. I have mastered it and got loads of apps to make my life simpler  ;D  I even mastered the instagram now  ;D

zena

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
I'm thinking of switching from the Galaxy S2 to an iphone next year.  The new iphones are so tempting.

B_Monkey

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
i got mine i had the galaxy s4 it was running slow and freeze on me from time to time  so i went and got the new iphone 5s gold and everything running smooth and fine love the apple waiting for the iphone 6

zena

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »
i got mine i had the galaxy s4 it was running slow and freeze on me from time to time  so i went and got the new iphone 5s gold and everything running smooth and fine love the apple waiting for the iphone 6

I believe the iphones are faster because they are on iCloud, whereas the Galaxy everything is downloaded to the phone, which takes up space and thus slows it down.  This is one of the reasons why I want to switch.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
I still don't have a smart phone and I'm in the IT field.  I'm proud to be with a dumb phone.

N`Chync

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 04:42:19 AM »
IPhone 5S is just fast period. iCloud to iOS is like Google is to Android. Your contacts are stored to your account along with pictures etc.

zena

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »
IPhone 5S is just fast period. iCloud to iOS is like Google is to Android. Your contacts are stored to your account along with pictures etc.

Not true.  IPhone uses iCloud but Androids don't.  You need to get an external memory card if you want to keep your photos and such on your phone (like my husband does).  I have to dl all my photos and videos off my phone because it slows it down.  Too many apps slows it down too.  I've had to do a hard reset because I totally ran out of memory because the whole thing froze and wouldn't budge.  Can't wait to get an IPhone.

N`Chync

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
IPhones use iCloud and Android uses Google. Trust me I use both a iPhone 5 and a HTC One. Storage capacity affects both the same way. My 64 GB iPhone 5 only has 5 GB of memory free and it's still fast. When internal memory on both iOS and Android get close to 0 they will both slow which is why I keep 5 GB free on both. U can have 64 GB SD card but if your internal memory gets used up your Android will still slow down. my HTC One doesn't use memory cards but my Galaxy S does, 16 GB internal memory to got with 16 GB SD card.

iCloud stores certain things to the clouds like your contacts and pics as does Google. When I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, Galaxy S to HTC One all I do I sign in on the new phone and I see what I stored in the cloud.

N`Chync

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
Pictures, apps, music, etc are still stored directly on the iPhone. All iCloud does is backup contacts and certain things since u get 5 GB of free storage on iCloud or u pay for more. Google works in a similar way things being stored to Google Drive.

zena

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:51 PM »
I C.  I'm glad you've had the experience.  Everyone person I know that has an iPHone, and that's like 99% of the people I'm around, and they never have any issues with storage and space.  Maybe I don't have to switch to an iPhone after all.

N`Chync

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
U can't go wrong going to a iPhone.

Advertisements