Advertisement

Author Topic: Did anyone get the new iphone yet?  (Read 5707 times)

zena

Re: Did anyone get the new iphone yet?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 06:17:43 AM »
 :)  I'm still planning on switching (wasn't serious above).  I read a review in Kiplinger's that compared the iPhone and Galaxy photo-wise and the iPhone is still no. 1 in phone quality photos.  I like the technology iPhone uses, and there are other reasons too.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

N`Chync

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 04:32:54 PM »
IPhones take good pictures. They excel at maximizing their technology. As overall device it's great. I miss using my iPhone 5. Gotta get it's screen fixed one day LoL. What the iPhone does, it's good at doing it.

JimmyNeutron

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
iPhone 5S is obsolete way back then already.  5S should be compare to the S3.  LOL!!!

We're almost at the S5 press release if the rumors are true; Feb 23.  It would be great if the phone was release the same day as the press release.

By the time Apple comes out with the iPhone 6, Samsung will be close to a S6 release, if not already done so.

Sifu

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »
(no post, just cropping)
Don't forget the M$ Nokia 1020.
Pros
- This camera could replace your point and shoot (RAW output!!!)
- HD video is the best I've seen for a smartphone
- Good material build
- M$ Barebones Office
- Simple and effective interface
- Pretty darn fast for a dual core
- Wireless charging with the proper case

Cons
- Lack of apps
- Battery life is unpredictable at times
- The lens hump on the back
I jumped the Apple ship and grabbed a 1020.  It has exceeded my expectations.  I don't play a lot if games or use a lot of apps but a decent camera with me at all times?  That's worth it for me. 

Sifu

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
Also note that if you have never used iTunes then I wish you well.  It is painful.  So painful that it would be enough of a reason for me not to use another iPhone but our kids love the iPad and my wife has an iPhone as well.  Since all our movies have been converted to mp4s and tagged (dear god Apple, why do you bust my chops?) and how I still use my iphone its unfortunate that I still have to use it. 
The hardware and build (their flagships, not the C) are probably some of the best material I've seen for a mass produced phone but the OS and inability to control anything is so East German.
Their cloud service works but the lack of controlling preferences is a pain.  I have always had good battery life with my iPhones, maybe I'm not as power hungry if a user as I thought but they held a hefty and long charge.
I have never owned an Android phone so I cannot comment as much about them.  Buildwise the materials never felt higher end for me and I've never really like how the interface worked but I love their OS.  So many nice free features with google.  Dear god it makes me shed a tear...
If it were up to me?
Have Apple designs the phone, hardware by Apple running Android and Nokia's killer camera with M$ interface.  The one phone to rule them all...

N`Chync

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 04:24:14 PM »
ITunes is easy to use. Then again I like organizing my music so it's easy. I'm a power user and IPhones do have better battery life. Mines are jailbroken so I have full multitasking and everything beyond. Could listen to music for 8 hours at work and come home to 20-30% battery. Battery life on my HTC One was horrible until I rooted it and used a custom ROM and battery profiles.

Sifu

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
iTunes compared to Google Play or MS Store is a nightmare.  I have over 150gb of mp3s and some tags iTunes just refuses to accept.  It's slow at times and hardly intuitive to use (converting libraries to their ai format is dumb).  Video can suck too as it has to be in .mp4 format so that's another lengthily conversion.
You have to admit that the ability for an Android or Windows phone to easily be accessed, controlled, purchase apps, send, store, or delete information, acceptance of various multimedia formats compared to Apple's lockdown approach is a night and day difference.

zena

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
IPhones take good pictures. They excel at maximizing their technology. As overall device it's great. I miss using my iPhone 5. Gotta get it's screen fixed one day LoL. What the iPhone does, it's good at doing it.

Agree.

iPhone is more use friendly but I like the S4 bigger screen.  If iPhone gives me a bigger screen, I'll switch back.

You sound like my husband.  ::)

zena

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
iPhone 5S is obsolete way back then already.  5S should be compare to the S3.  LOL!!!

We're almost at the S5 press release if the rumors are true; Feb 23.  It would be great if the phone was release the same day as the press release.

By the time Apple comes out with the iPhone 6, Samsung will be close to a S6 release, if not already done so.

So, you're saying that Samsung releases phones faster than Apple?

Also note that if you have never used iTunes then I wish you well.  It is painful.  So painful that it would be enough of a reason for me not to use another iPhone but our kids love the iPad and my wife has an iPhone as well.  Since all our movies have been converted to mp4s and tagged (dear god Apple, why do you bust my chops?) and how I still use my iphone its unfortunate that I still have to use it. 
The hardware and build (their flagships, not the C) are probably some of the best material I've seen for a mass produced phone but the OS and inability to control anything is so East German.
Their cloud service works but the lack of controlling preferences is a pain.  I have always had good battery life with my iPhones, maybe I'm not as power hungry if a user as I thought but they held a hefty and long charge.
I have never owned an Android phone so I cannot comment as much about them.  Buildwise the materials never felt higher end for me and I've never really like how the interface worked but I love their OS.  So many nice free features with google.  Dear god it makes me shed a tear...
If it were up to me?
Have Apple designs the phone, hardware by Apple running Android and Nokia's killer camera with M$ interface.  The one phone to rule them all...

I use iTunes all the time on my iMac and also have an ipod that I rarely use these days. So, I shouldn't have any problems.

My first cell phone was Nokia.  Glad they are back in the game but still too new to interest me.

iTunes compared to Google Play or MS Store is a nightmare.  I have over 150gb of mp3s and some tags iTunes just refuses to accept.  It's slow at times and hardly intuitive to use (converting libraries to their ai format is dumb).  Video can suck too as it has to be in .mp4 format so that's another lengthily conversion.
You have to admit that the ability for an Android or Windows phone to easily be accessed, controlled, purchase apps, send, store, or delete information, acceptance of various multimedia formats compared to Apple's lockdown approach is a night and day difference.

I'll keep that in mind thanks.  I've been very comfy with my Galaxy S2 with rarely any issues, just the photo quality, really.  But, we'll see.

Missterious

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
I loved all my iphones! I have the 5s right now and I love it. I loved the 4 too because it was better suited to my little hands but the 5s is good too. I love the abundance of useful apps available to me. I know android provides just as much but I've had an android in the past before and it was ok but I think I just got over it. So far I'm still in love with iphone.

The only thing that some people hate is having to have an itune login to download apps. But it's really no biggie. Just as long as you remember your login information then it's fine. Downloading music may be more difficult on the iphone but I don't download music so it's all good on my end.

Missterious

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
Also I've never EVER had to service my iphones since having them. So to me they are really reliable and I don't even buy insurance for it anymore.  The only time I had to fix my iphone 4 was when my baby drooled on it, but that's not even the phones fault. It only cost $40 at the irepair shop here to fix it. It needed a new charging port thing only.

zena

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »
You cannot fault the old guys...The docs just told me I've developed astigmatism... I've never had this BS growing up...so I need the bigger screen to compensate for my crappy gene.

LOL!  You're an eyeglass wearer then.

The only thing that some people hate is having to have an itune login to download apps. But it's really no biggie. Just as long as you remember your login information then it's fine. Downloading music may be more difficult on the iphone but I don't download music so it's all good on my end.

Oh...so no worries for me either.  I won't be downloading music on the phone.  Good to know. Thanks.

Also I've never EVER had to service my iphones since having them. So to me they are really reliable and I don't even buy insurance for it anymore.  The only time I had to fix my iphone 4 was when my baby drooled on it, but that's not even the phones fault. It only cost $40 at the irepair shop here to fix it. It needed a new charging port thing only.

That's also good to know.  I've heard more people getting their iphones serviced over androids but maybe it's because I know more people with iphones than androids. 

Aww...and it's cute how your baby drooled on your phone.  Not that that's good or anything but it just seems cute.

N`Chync

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »

been using iTunes since 07 and never had any issues. here's a screenshot of my itunes back then.

now my 500 GB external hard drive is full of music and movies. i sync playlists and apps easy.

So, you're saying that Samsung releases phones faster than Apple?

I use iTunes all the time on my iMac and also have an ipod that I rarely use these days. So, I shouldn't have any problems.

My first cell phone was Nokia.  Glad they are back in the game but still too new to interest me.

I'll keep that in mind thanks.  I've been very comfy with my Galaxy S2 with rarely any issues, just the photo quality, really.  But, we'll see.

Samsung releases any phones but they release their flagship phone, the Galaxy S once a year just like the iPhone. But they release earlier in the spring while Apple releases later in the year. the problem with releasing phones early in the year is they miss out on the top of the line hardware. Galaxy S4 and iPhones tho are popular for their overall use but the Galaxy S4 hardware wasn't as top as phones in the fall like the LG G2. Even the iPhone 5S performs very well plus Samsung manufactors parts for the iPhone. in the past it's usually why i stuck with both an iPhone and a Galaxy S except this past year i went with the HTC One because the of the superior hardware. Samsung releases many phones even different versions of the same phone like the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S4 Mini, and Galaxy S4 Zoom so yes they release faster. Samsung is a manufacturing company so that's what they do. the iPhone 5S wasn't outdated when it came out. it is a great phone just not many new features people expected. it's camera still superior to most except that windows phone with the 20 megapixel, processor is tops since it's custom made, everything it does it just does well. i always skip the S versions because they are always minor updates just like the S4 wasn't that big of a updated from the S3 like the S3 was from the S2. Companies don't usually put out 2 beastly phones in a row because they want to maxim sales. the next version of the HTC One is only gonna be a minor update itself since it's only the second version. but the iPhone 6 and S5 are looking to be great.

http://bgr.com/2014/02/10/samsung-galaxy-s4-value-edition-release-date/

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:26:07 PM by N`Chync »

Sifu

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
N'Chync,
I have well over 5tb of movies, music, etc.  All in different formats.  It is fortunate that mp4 is readily accepted but ripping blu rays, DVDs, music, etc. is a chore for iTunes (or impossible).  I usually use MediaMonkey just for tagging and if its in any format either than Ai or mp4 then that can be hours spent just converting let alone transferring the data.  Now I just upload everything to google play.  Listen everywhere with little or no hassles.

N`Chync

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 01:26:21 PM »
I been having issues with my HTC One when transfering music. Tags have been getting lose when it gets on the phone. Was a pain having to retag 10 GB of music on my phone.

Advertisements