Advertisement

Author Topic: Ua Paj Ntaub with a picture.  (Read 19626 times)

colorMErainbow

Ua Paj Ntaub with a picture.
« on: November 14, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
so is there any ladies who still sew or ua paj ntaub with stitches? i really like ua paj ntaub like that but im just not good with "hmong" colors or what to make. the only thing that i can think of is the waistband which i am working on right now. some one teach me  :D

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Amara

Re: Ua Paj Ntaub with a picture.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »
I haven't done this in so many years but here's something I started on a long time ago but never got around to finishing it:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4j6vpk.jpg

Like this post: +1

colorMErainbow

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
I haven't done this in so many years but here's something I started on a long time ago but never got around to finishing it:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4j6vpk.jpg

Ohhh that's pretty what is it suppose to be a part of?

Like this post: 0

Amara

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 03:06:10 PM »

Ohhh that's pretty what is it suppose to be a part of?

This is a sev that I was working on. The basic design is complete but I haven't finished adding the "gold thread" to it.

colorMErainbow

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
This is a sev that I was working on. The basic design is complete but I haven't finished adding the "gold thread" to it.

thats goes around the waist right? just making sure... you should show me the whole thing even if its not finish. :D

Amara

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
thats goes around the waist right? just making sure... you should show me the whole thing even if its not finish. :D

No, this is the apron. It's called a "sev" right? LOL!

colorMErainbow

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »
No, this is the apron. It's called a "sev" right? LOL!

Hahaha idk I just put on whatever my mom hands me lol

colorMErainbow

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
ok so i finally finish the sash.  and it only took me three weeks. hmm... onto something else... gee... i really wish someone would teach me :D

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
wow, that's the same design i'm working on now, but for ib daim sev. :) I'll share mines when it's half way complete. :D  I'm having trouble finding traditional designs as well. *sigh. 

colorMErainbow

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »
wow, that's the same design i'm working on now, but for ib daim sev. :) I'll share mines when it's half way complete. :D  I'm having trouble finding traditional designs as well. *sigh.

yeah its a pretty design. but i dont know what else to make so that it will completely match. ;/ on the other hand i have started making blue hearts with white outline on black ntaub. haha i dont know how that is going to turn out yet though.

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »
here's what i'm starting. Ib daim sev for my little sister.

:)

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »
yeah its a pretty design. but i dont know what else to make so that it will completely match. ;/ on the other hand i have started making blue hearts with white outline on black ntaub. haha i dont know how that is going to turn out yet though.

That's the beauty of paj ntaub. Everything will fall into place. :) You just have to play around with the designs. :D

colorMErainbow

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
That's the beauty of paj ntaub. Everything will fall into place. :) You just have to play around with the designs. :D

Hopefully everything will fall in to place. But colors makes it even more difficult. :D

3 Years Time

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
There are five main colors in the "Hmong" colors.

1. Red
2. Yellow
3. Blue
4. Green
5. White

Red = Symbolizes war, shamans use this color to signal any evil spirits that if they come close, they will get killed. When we fought in wars, we also attached red cloth to our weapons, symbolizing we intend to destroy our enemies. The Chinese adopted this from us, but instead of using red cloth, they started using those furry things.
Yellow = Represents Nkauj Hnub, the source of life, without the sun, we'd be dead.
Blue = Represents the heavens, we always wear blue in traditional Hmong clothes to remind our people that we are from the heavens.
Green = Represents the earth, our home. The colors blue and yellow combined make green, this means that without the heavens or without the sun, there would be no earth. This color represents nature and our respect for nature. It represents that our main diet was also a vegetarian diet, why do you think OGs love zaub tsuag.
White = Represents purity, also in known arts and the study of lights, the color white is simply the color without any other color. We usually sew everything around white cloth to represent that we started fresh.

Black, although not one of the main colors, is a traditional color we wear, it represents all colors combined. It also provided good camouflage in times of war, so it became standard to wear black.

colorMErainbow

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »
There are five main colors in the "Hmong" colors.

1. Red
2. Yellow
3. Blue
4. Green
5. White

Red = Symbolizes war, shamans use this color to signal any evil spirits that if they come close, they will get killed. When we fought in wars, we also attached red cloth to our weapons, symbolizing we intend to destroy our enemies. The Chinese adopted this from us, but instead of using red cloth, they started using those furry things.
Yellow = Represents Nkauj Hnub, the source of life, without the sun, we'd be dead.
Blue = Represents the heavens, we always wear blue in traditional Hmong clothes to remind our people that we are from the heavens.
Green = Represents the earth, our home. The colors blue and yellow combined make green, this means that without the heavens or without the sun, there would be no earth. This color represents nature and our respect for nature. It represents that our main diet was also a vegetarian diet, why do you think OGs love zaub tsuag.
White = Represents purity, also in known arts and the study of lights, the color white is simply the color without any other color. We usually sew everything around white cloth to represent that we started fresh.

Black, although not one of the main colors, is a traditional color we wear, it represents all colors combined. It also provided good camouflage in times of war, so it became standard to wear black.

Oh wow! That's pretty interesting. Where did you find this information?

Advertisements