Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed  (Read 33547 times)

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong hunter feared racist Game Warden; said he would've been killed
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »
i assume this would be the email to send complaints to DNR practices also or to even find out how to file a good complaint?...

DNR Information Center

Email the DNR Information Center [email protected] for the following information:

General information
    Maps, brochures, or other publications
    Any other comments or questions on DNR policies or practices

Like this post: 0
"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Adverstisement

MilesDaddy

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
exactly my thoughts.....!!! I would've call 911 during the first encounter and said I'm being ordered out of my trees stand  IN THE DARK by someone who claimed to be a game warden. 

Have them track to see who's being dispatch in that area and does a warden have the LEGAL right to approach someone's hunting in progress in the dark like that?  Unless of course, he's witnessing or suspected an illegal hunt in progress.

The SOB is LUCKY....he lucked out the hunter didn't put a few rounds at him in the dark. 

are you even allowed to hunt in the dark??

Finest

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »

No, at least not for deer hunting.

But you can still be in the woods after sundown, if you don't want to spook the deer where they bed walking out of the woods, or before sun up to get to your treestand before the deer start moving.   O0

PebHmoobUnited

Re: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

like Finest stated.... O0

addisonlee

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »
This is indeed a scary situation for anyone, Hmong or not. There are many red flags here on both sides, one more than the other. Thankfully he was able to survive this to tell the world. We as a community come united to stand for what is right in situations like this, lets make as much noise as we can to make sure the proper actions are taken to let others know, we the Hmong community will not stand by and watch this happen.

Here in WI, we've (HASC) reported the incident to the highest ranking person in the WI-DNR, the chief warden. He, along with other friends of HASC, include othe organizations are aware of the situation and are keeping a close eye on the outcome. This will not only effect MN and WI but other states with a strong Hmong hunting heritage. Justice will prevail in the end.

To everyone going out this weekend for the Wisconsin gun deer opener. Have a great and safe hunt. Good luck.

Feel free to share your pictures and stories with HASC on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HmongAmericanSportsmenClub

Redemption

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »
Boua Xiong works for Kare 11 news here in MN, and this is a comment she did on my cousin's facebook:

Boua Xiong: "In two days I have received several emails about a man named Kong Pheng Vue and his encounter with DNR conservation officer Joel Heyn. Here's what I know:

I spoke with Ken Soring, director of the DNR's enforcement division. He tells me Heyn was investigating a citizen complaint about an illegal deer stand. Heyn made an audio recording of the incident. The DNR has reviewed the audio and Soring says the audio shows Heyn acted appropriately and there was no use of force. Vue was cited for the illegal deer stand. To date the DNR has not received a complaint from Vue. My attempts to reach Vue from sources who have contacted me have been unsuccessful."

I guess it's obvious that we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I'm glad a situation like this has gotten out to the public, as this will lead to more discussions for hunter safety.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Boua Xiong works for Kare 11 news here in MN, and this is a comment she did on my cousin's facebook:

Boua Xiong: "In two days I have received several emails about a man named Kong Pheng Vue and his encounter with DNR conservation officer Joel Heyn. Here's what I know:

I spoke with Ken Soring, director of the DNR's enforcement division. He tells me Heyn was investigating a citizen complaint about an illegal deer stand. Heyn made an audio recording of the incident. The DNR has reviewed the audio and Soring says the audio shows Heyn acted appropriately and there was no use of force. Vue was cited for the illegal deer stand. To date the DNR has not received a complaint from Vue. My attempts to reach Vue from sources who have contacted me have been unsuccessful."

I guess it's obvious that we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I'm glad a situation like this has gotten out to the public, as this will lead to more discussions for hunter safety.

Ooops...let's be cautious in our actions.

But I though Mr. Vu already reported this incident to two other officers in the field. Where's the report on that?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Redemption

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »
Ooops...let's be cautious in our actions.

But I though Mr. Vu already reported this incident to two other officers in the field. Where's the report on that?

Yep, we have to make sure to hear the whole story first before we rush to judgement.

And reporting the incident probably wouldn't beat a recording, in the court systems.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Thanks for the update Redemption. I am still skeptical even if it was recorded because things can always be edited, like say, the racial slurs and intimidation portion of the tape being erased. There's also many Hmong hunters coming out that have had bad run-ins with this Warden. Often times cops will cover up for each other and I don't see this situation as any different. (Yes, I know DNR are not cops.)

Redemption

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the update Redemption. I am still skeptical even if it was recorded because things can always be edited, like say, the racial slurs and intimidation portion of the tape being erased. There's also many Hmong hunters coming out that have had bad run-ins with this Warden. Often times cops will cover up for each other and I don't see this situation as any different. (Yes, I know DNR are not cops.)

True, but like I said, it's better we don't rush to judgement. This is a hard case to tackle, and I don't think anything will come of it, except discussions on how to hunt safer. It's basically a "he said, he said" case. And if there is a recording, it doesn't look good for the hunter's case. And unless the hunter wants to take it to court, and have professionals analyze the audio recording... I don't see the DNR doing anything.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 12:13:27 AM »
True, but like I said, it's better we don't rush to judgement. This is a hard case to tackle, and I don't think anything will come of it, except discussions on how to hunt safer. It's basically a "he said, he said" case. And if there is a recording, it doesn't look good for the hunter's case. And unless the hunter wants to take it to court, and have professionals analyze the audio recording... I don't see the DNR doing anything.

Yep, you're right. It's unfortunate all around when injustices can't be proven in cases like these. Well, I hope Hmong hunters stay safe and look out for each other.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
I didn't listen to the whole audio but did My. Vue received a citation from officer Heyn during the encounter?

Finest

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
I didn't listen to the whole audio but did My. Vue received a citation from officer Heyn during the encounter?

I'm not familiar with the MN Hunting regulations, but I believe he was cited for putting up his tree stand the day before opening day? 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
I'm not familiar with the MN Hunting regulations, but I believe he was cited for putting up his tree stand the day before opening day? 

Yes, he said the officer cited him for having had his stand on the tree before the hunting day. But that came only after the fearful, life-threatening excursion around the valleys.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:58:10 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
any audio recording by the warden or cop is useless. The ONLY useful of the audio is to set this racist butcher from being FIRED or DISCIPLINED!  This maniac is NOT fit to wear a badge or have the capacity to serve as a game warden.

If a hunter feared this much about his LIFE being threaten.....t here has to be some accountability on the warden's action! Sweeping it under the rug will NOT server the interest of the public or asian hunters.

Advertisements