Advertisement

Author Topic: ASUS N53SM-DS71...please help...  (Read 4104 times)

Redemption

Re: ASUS N53SM-DS71...please help...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
There is nothing you can do that you would need more than 16GB of RAM. Heck, 8GB is good enough. Unless you're doing CAD or Video Editing.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »
D,

Most, if not all, Laptop have two slots for RAM to keep the size small and utilize interleave technology.  2+2, 4+4, 8+8, 16+16.  It's rare to see 16gb slots because those are usually server level performance.  I can assure you no scientist will use more than 16gb unless they are doing 3D modeling or crunching very large dataset and if you are using EXCEL, excel will break before you hit the 4gb dataset size...  If anything you need a i7 CPU over the RAM if you are doing very large dataset.

thank you...i do have an i7 cpu... O0 O0 O0

There is nothing you can do that you would need more than 16GB of RAM. Heck, 8GB is good enough. Unless you're doing CAD or Video Editing.

O0 O0 O0

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 12:48:40 AM »
D, it's cheaper to buy the ram off Newegg.com then to have them install at factory.  If you are still keeping in touch with Toua, he can help you install easy.  You can do it yourself too...Remove 2 screws, gently pull the side tabs, and pop the stick 1 and repeat for stick 2, put in your two new sticks and make sure you clear a small click as you seat the new ram, and put the two screws back.  Before you start, make sure you ground yourself by touching a metal chair or something and work off a table and no on carpet...stati c will kill your computer.

i know how to put a ram card in...you're too funny...thanks ... O0 O0 O0

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Advertisements