Advertisement

Author Topic: clearification needed....  (Read 3037 times)

a299txl

clearification needed....
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »
this came up after a couple hours of drinking. 

not pertaining to american laws but only hmong culture. 

if the wife decides to leave the husband and never formally gets divorce in the hmong culture. could the wife get remarried even though spiritually shes still connected to the old husbands spirits. also... would the new husband have to formally pay the old husband some type of compensation.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: clearification needed....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Man, that is some fukced up conversation you guys must have had while drinking.  Me and my buddies would never touch that with a ten foot pole.

If we're strictly adhering to Hmong culture then yes.  If the new husband was smart he'd just say fukc that shit.

proudlao

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »
Interesting.

a299txl

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:56:50 AM »
Man, that is some fukced up conversation you guys must have had while drinking.  Me and my buddies would never touch that with a ten foot pole.

If we're strictly adhering to Hmong culture then yes.  If the new husband was smart he'd just say fukc that shit.

lol...yeah we got into a big debate about it. then someone threw in about the lady in wi that died and the ex didnt want to bury her and that made the debate even bigger.

minorcharacter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »

lol...yeah we got into a big debate about it. then someone threw in about the lady in wi that died and the ex didnt want to bury her and that made the debate even bigger.

Yeah that can escalate things pretty quickly.  I'm bringing a bottle of whiskey over; we're going to lay down the law and nobody wins until the bottle's finished.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »
Yeah that can escalate things pretty quickly.  I'm bringing a bottle of whiskey over; we're going to lay down the law and nobody wins until the bottle's finished.

Invite me over too, minorcharacter? 

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »
Invite me over too, minorcharacter?
Absolutely, you're always welcome to come over and talk about girly stuff.  Like make up, coach purses, Jason Gordon-Levitt.  Whatevs girl, I'm here for you.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
this came up after a couple hours of drinking. 

not pertaining to american laws but only hmong culture. 

if the wife decides to leave the husband and never formally gets divorce in the hmong culture. could the wife get remarried even though spiritually shes still connected to the old husbands spirits. also... would the new husband have to formally pay the old husband some type of compensation.

No. My friend was in a similar case where she was not divorced by the hmong clan even after some 20+ years. She left him and just never went back to him. Some 20+ years later, she got married and her ex clan made a big fuss about it because technically, she still belong to them. The new husband did not have to pay anything to the ex's family but they did formally divorced them both. I guess it just depend on how hard they want to make it for that person.

yuknowthat

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
Cov neeg ntawv zoo li cov neeg tuag tsis tu siav.. ::)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »
That depends if the wife is spiritual in any way...if she's dead in spirit...who cares.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements