Advertisement

Author Topic: Gaming Revival  (Read 18669 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Gaming Revival
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
Persona 3 is surprisingly similar to Persona 4.  Persona 4 is more polished though, and that makes sense.  I am still enjoying the game though. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »
Alrighty, so I finally opened the Wii U box after 3 years (or was it 2?) and set it up.  Now I just need to pop in a game. 

Sifu

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:19 AM »
I have 2 wii's and unfortunately also my biggest purchase regret of the last decade.  Great console; just left a terrible taste in my mouth and I haven't wanted to give Nintendo anymore of my money.  My wife and daughter still love pumping money into the DS or Pokemon but me I've given up. 

Since my PS4 is family shared I decided to load up all the older console emu's and used my PS3 controller to play old school Sega Master System, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc, on my laptop.  My buddy and I are tempted to try a Phantasy Star series run but I don't remember anything from it. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
Why describe the Wii as great and then regret?  Personally, if I can get some kind of entertainment from a console, then it's worth it.  Then again, if you were one of those people who paid $900 for a Wii during its initial short supply, then yeah, that's regretful. 

I have 2 wii's and unfortunately also my biggest purchase regret of the last decade.  Great console; just left a terrible taste in my mouth and I haven't wanted to give Nintendo anymore of my money.  My wife and daughter still love pumping money into the DS or Pokemon but me I've given up. 

Since my PS4 is family shared I decided to load up all the older console emu's and used my PS3 controller to play old school Sega Master System, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc, on my laptop.  My buddy and I are tempted to try a Phantasy Star series run but I don't remember anything from it.

Sifu

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
I was upset because they just dropped support and the peripherals always broke or went missing.  It didn't stop me from continuing to purchase everything but again the Wii just sort of went off the map.

bulbasaur

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
All this Wii talk makes me want to play some Wii games.  I really only like playing this one shooting game.  In fact, I like motion controls for rail shooters.  I know rail shooters aren't popular anymore, but I have fond memories of playing rail shooters in arcades, such as House of the Dead, Area 51, Virtual Cop, Time Crisis, etc.  In any case, these rail shooters were a break from the fighting games in the arcade.  Now, if I could only find a way to fit an air hockey table into my house......

bulbasaur

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »

Advertisements