Advertisement

Author Topic: Gaming Revival  (Read 18658 times)

bulbasaur

Gaming Revival
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
As a kid, I loved gaming.  Unfortunately, the funding for my hobby was limited.  So, as a kid, I promised to get all those games when I became older.  Years go by, and gaming fell out of my routine.  Other things took priority.  The last system I had was a SNES (actually had a PS2, but that doesn't really count). 

One day, I was walking through the mall and saw the new systems and new games. I was actually looking for a blu-ray player, so I got a PS3.  Remembering my childhood promise, I also got some games.  I eventually got other systems with other games.  I even built a gaming rig.  You would think that this is cool.  However, now that I could afford to fund my hobby, I no longer had the time for it.  A big gaming library of unopened games.  At least it is impressive to look at.  Life is funny like that. 

Anyways, after years of not gaming, I decided to attempt to do a gaming revival.  I am by no means a gaming expert, but I decided to start from the beginning, starting from the retro and hopefully ending up with the newest releases.  I don't know how long it is going to take, but we'll see.  Here is a list of the games I finished in the last year....

1.  Street Fighter HD Remix
2.  Chrono Trigger
3.  Breath of Fire 1
4.  Breath of Fire 2
5.  Earthbound
6.  Final Fantasy 4
7.  Final Fantasy 6
8.  Tales of Phantasia
9.  Dragon Quest 6
10. Dragon Quest 4
11.  Shin Megami Tensei
12. Pokemon Pearl
13.  Tales of the Abyss

I'm not counting mobile games or games that I didn't finish.  I'm not counting party games that were only played a few times with friends. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Gaming Revival
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:17:45 AM »
We are quite different.  I don't think that 17th century scholars believed the Earth was flat.   I believe the law should treat everyone equally, gays included.  I don't believe that insulting the opposition makes my point more valid.  I don't believe that credentials is good enough to prove a fact.  The list can go on.  :2funny:

All kidding aside, all the games are different and good in their own way.  If I had to rank one, it would be Chrono Trigger.  It was the first one I played, and it started my RPG run.  Other people would probably choose another game, but the first one is often the most magical. 

LOL@B.  OMFG...I did something similar to.   ;D ;D ;D  I suppose we are not too different.

best RPG on your list?  :-\

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »
Currently playing Final Fantasy 7....Aeris just died!  How sad.   :'(

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »
I actually am starting my first ever Pokemon (Ruby) game on my Nokia.  I have absolutely no idea but to fight Pokemon and catch shit. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
You need to put Chrono Cross on that list and bump it up a few spots.

Json

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
Shadow Hearts 1&2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Snk vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
 Seiken Densetsu 3
Madcatz tournament fight stick.  O0

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
Seiken Densetsu 3 should be on there as well.  It's one of the first games I ever played that had alternate-intertwining story lines as well as having options for characters and classes.

Json

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
King of fighters 2002
King of fighters 13?  The latest one that came out a few years ago
Guilty Gear 2
Blaze Blue
Fist of the north star - Japanese only

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Damn i should bust out KoF series.  I wish it had network play.

Json

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »
Damn i should bust out KoF series.  I wish it had network play.

Get yourself an emulator and get all the neogeo Roms.  That's what I did.

Json

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »
Garou Mark Of The Wolves - almost forgot that one

bulbasaur

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
Actually, I started Chrono Cross, but I didn't finish it.  Also, my list isn't rankings list.  It's simply the order in which I played the games.  FF6 is better than BoF1 and BoF2. 

You need to put Chrono Cross on that list and bump it up a few spots.

bulbasaur

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
A lot of fighters out there.  I was big into them as a kid.  As a result, I still buy them for fun.  However, I am not good at them.  They are more of a side thing now.  The games don't seem as fun since I am not trying to get competitive at it.  That's probably the reason why I like the NetherRealm games more now. They give a good story.   

Sifu

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
Json, I do have an emu for them.  You'd have to be a rich and stupid sadist to purchase a neo geo system.  I haven't loaded it up in years though, wondering if there are any new emulators for it (using neorage).

Yeah, I used to spend most of my video gaming either with fighter games (SF3, kid, virtua fighter) and racing Sims but I only really play moba, racing and turn based games due to time (advanced wars, disgaea, xcom).

Json

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 01:14:04 PM »
Neorage is outdated.  I use. Winkawaks, works for cps1and cps2 also.

Advertisements