Advertisement

Author Topic: Gaming Revival  (Read 18664 times)

Sifu

Re: Gaming Revival
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »
I got that too but mostly use it for arcade roms.  I suppose the development is still missing all these years.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »
Finished Final Fantasy 7.  Saved the world...again. 

Like this post: +1

minorcharacter

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »
After reading this thread I decided to go back and finish the games I never got around to.  Bought the remastered HD version of Final Fantasy X and X-2.  So annoying how you can't skip FMV scenes in X.

bulbasaur

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 12:39:44 AM »
Working my way up the Final Fantasy chain, but taking a break from FF.  Doing some Shin Megami Tensei.  That'll waste some time for a while. 

After reading this thread I decided to go back and finish the games I never got around to.  Bought the remastered HD version of Final Fantasy X and X-2.  So annoying how you can't skip FMV scenes in X.

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »
You should have added these to your list of resolutions too...

1.  To learn that insulting others doesn't make a point correct.
2.  To get the correct information before making conclusions.
3.  To learn that credentials do not make a person's point valid.
4.  To try to stay on the topic. 
5.  To stop hating on people who are different.
6.  To stop stalking people.
7.  Don't over-level Aeris because she's going die.   :2funny:

I quit gaming...  :'( :'( :'( :'(  That was my new year resolution...t o quit RPG gaming...LOL.. .it's too addictive...

bulbasaur

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »
Just finished Shin Megami Tensei Overclocked.  Saved the world...again. 

Sifu

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 08:46:31 AM »
If anyone enjoys turn based RPG games I recommend Disgaea: Symphony of Darkness.  I haven't tried the newest installment but they were always fun games with a light hearted story.  And bewbs. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll put them on the list.  I'm doing Pokemon Y now, but I am a little tired of sequels.  Maybe I'll do Disgaea after. 

If anyone enjoys turn based RPG games I recommend Disgaea: Symphony of Darkness.  I haven't tried the newest installment but they were always fun games with a light hearted story.  And bewbs. 

Sifu

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
I'm trying to stomach Pokémon as well.  Grinding is more of a chore than other games I've played.  Worse part is I always have to keep trucking back to the damned Pokemon center.  My daughter loves it but I'm really itching for something else.  Grinding for levels and gear in Disgaea is more fun than the story, gets pretty hard but pretty rewarding if you enjoy dungeon crawling for gear and levels.

bulbasaur

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »
Is it just me, or is Pokemon Y a bit too easy?  My pokemon are leveling up pretty fast in comparison to the game.  On this one puzzle, I was messing with the controls, and then all of a sudden the game tells me how to solve it.  Maybe I am not far enough into the game. 

I'm trying to stomach Pokémon as well.  Grinding is more of a chore than other games I've played.  Worse part is I always have to keep trucking back to the damned Pokemon center.  My daughter loves it but I'm really itching for something else.  Grinding for levels and gear in Disgaea is more fun than the story, gets pretty hard but pretty rewarding if you enjoy dungeon crawling for gear and levels.

Sifu

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »
It's Fire Red.  I dunno just playing the ROM on my phone.  There were so many I was getting confused.  A friend told me to play this one although I had already started a game on Ruby.  Not much different if you ask me.  Fight, level, try to find a crappy Pokemon only to level that, Pokemon center to heal, battle people, repeat.

minorcharacter

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
Check out Bravely Default.  All rpg games need to implement this system of turning down or off frequencies of battle for grinders.  Hell, they should all implement the dual job system as well.

bulbasaur

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »
That is actually on the 3DS list...along with Fire Emblem. 

Check out Bravely Default.  All rpg games need to implement this system of turning down or off frequencies of battle for grinders.  Hell, they should all implement the dual job system as well.

bulbasaur

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
Another Pokemon championship.  Y this time.  What to play next?  Maybe some FF8? 

Sifu

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »
I tossed out all my PokĂ©mon after learning about EV training.  I just finally caught Mewtwo and haven't started breeding yet.  Thank god for save state and hex editors.  It still takes a ton of time. 

Advertisements