Advertisement

Author Topic: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)  (Read 13886 times)

svang415

any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
Hi I'm a Hmong woman planning on taking an undefinite leave to do some traveling around the world next Spring 2015.

Months 1-2 will be US and Canada and months 3-4 Ecuador and somewhere in South America.  From there, I plan on moving to the eastern countries.

Has anybody done this?  Or is any Hmong woman planning on doing it soon also?

It would be nice to know if you've done this also or wish to pursue it as it would be cool to have a travel buddy even if its just for one part of the trip.

Either way, I'll be doing it solo but I just thought I'd look into it on the Hmong end also.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

WordGirl

Re: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:16:26 AM »
Hi!  Sounds like fun.  I would love to do this, one day!  A world tour, someday.

I know a couple Hmong women who've been all over for work but it's still an adventure!  Definitely have a travel partner. Please be safe and update us with pictures and stories!

Like this post: +1

misschuey

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »
It would be my ultimate dream to just travel the world. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to take that much time off and come back to a job. Bravo for you for doing this. You're also very brave traveling solo. Please do update and post pictures.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »
I think Evil K is doing the same thing. Maybe you guys can travel together.  :) Oh wait, you say "woman".  :2funny:

:'(

svang415

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »
Thanks all, i appreciate the support.

Evil K, let me know where and when you'd like to travel to.  Yeah, I'd rather travel solo than with a dude as that might complicate things.

Sweet tears, without or without somebody, I'm going.

This is definitely something I'll be blogging about.  I've traveled by myself to foreign countries before but never long term like this.  I'm currently immersing myself with others who have done the same thing to eliminate any anxiety I might have.  I figure a job is always still gonna be there and I'm not getting any younger!  I've got Plan A, B, and C in place, so of course, if any emergencies like health with myself or my family come up then there would be a delay but for right now I'm on schedule.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »

Evil K, let me know where and when you'd like to travel to.  Yeah, I'd rather travel solo than with a dude as that might complicate things.

But I'm not a creepy guy...lol, j/k I understand.

My plans aren't set in stone yet and I've been constantly revising them. I was suppose to be travelling this year, but things came up , which is why I delayed my plans to 2015.

If all goes well I'm hoping to start travels in March. My plan is to do six months in South America. Peru>Bolivia>Chile (not sure if I will do patagonia since it might be a bit too cold)>Argentina>Uraguay>Brazil and then England/France to meet up with my family for a late summer trip by Aug/Sept and from there maybe head out to India>one last relaxing trip in Bali or somewhere tropical...bef ore I head back to San Francisco.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
Sorry for getting your hopes up!  ;D

Lol...i think for what I'm doing solo travel works best....unless you join me... ;)

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »
2015 is our year.  ;)

Start saving then.

svang415

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 01:13:35 AM »
gtk that there's some fellow hmongsters out there that share a similar sense of nomadicity.

...on another note, has anybody ever gotten rid of all of their materialist possessions?

i'm preparing myself to do this but its such a big pill to swallow.  everyday i look at my junk and i know I'm going to miss it soon  :'(!  either way, i have until, and i'm waiting until late September to put this into play, but i was just wondering if anybody has done this. 

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 01:52:14 AM »
gtk that there's some fellow hmongsters out there that share a similar sense of nomadicity.

...on another note, has anybody ever gotten rid of all of their materialist possessions?

i'm preparing myself to do this but its such a big pill to swallow.  everyday i look at my junk and i know I'm going to miss it soon  :'(!  either way, i have until, and i'm waiting until late September to put this into play, but i was just wondering if anybody has done this. 

Hey brother,
Glad you're going out into the world and doing something you like.  Enjoy yourself! Have fun.  Same with you Evil_K.

From my years of experience, I have learned something very valuable and this is just me.  Material objects have no real meanings to me.  For a long time, I was a hoarder in the sense that I held on to things that I didn't need and memories that were tainted.  You could say I was a conservative, but long story short.  I outgrew that and realized when you're able to give away your most prized possessions then that is when you have become a man with the hearts of Gandhdi, Muhammad, Jesus, Mother Teresa and all of those who have values in human beings than object. 

I gave away many things that were pricey, but it doesn't hurt if the person needs it more than I do.  I take pride in helping others and material objects only means so much when you're into it, but like all things, it will only get in the way after a while. I too want to take such a journey and take a leap of faith into the unknown.  Find some work in other countries and live here and there from time to time.   ;)

svang415

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:37:35 AM »
But I'm not a creepy guy...lol, j/k I understand.

My plans aren't set in stone yet and I've been constantly revising them. I was suppose to be travelling this year, but things came up , which is why I delayed my plans to 2015.

If all goes well I'm hoping to start travels in March. My plan is to do six months in South America. Peru>Bolivia>Chile (not sure if I will do patagonia since it might be a bit too cold)>Argentina>Uraguay>Brazil and then England/France to meet up with my family for a late summer trip by Aug/Sept and from there maybe head out to India>one last relaxing trip in Bali or somewhere tropical...bef ore I head back to San Francisco.

hey it sounds like ur from sf also.. if u r lmk maybe i can pick ur brain sometime

svang415

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 02:40:47 AM »

Hey brother,
Glad you're going out into the world and doing something you like.  Enjoy yourself! Have fun.  Same with you Evil_K.

From my years of experience, I have learned something very valuable and this is just me.  Material objects have no real meanings to me.  For a long time, I was a hoarder in the sense that I held on to things that I didn't need and memories that were tainted.  You could say I was a conservative, but long story short.  I outgrew that and realized when you're able to give away your most prized possessions then that is when you have become a man with the hearts of Gandhdi, Muhammad, Jesus, Mother Teresa and all of those who have values in human beings than object. 

I gave away many things that were pricey, but it doesn't hurt if the person needs it more than I do.  I take pride in helping others and material objects only means so much when you're into it, but like all things, it will only get in the way after a while. I too want to take such a journey and take a leap of faith into the unknown.  Find some work in other countries and live here and there from time to time.   ;)

thanks dude, im actually a sista .. but yeah sometimes i do get a sense that i can b a hoarder.. i think i will have to start bit by bit, im glad u were able to let ur things go

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

Hey brother,

Thats the plan, but will have to see how things go. At least I have japan to look forward to this year.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
hey it sounds like ur from sf also.. if u r lmk maybe i can pick ur brain sometime

That is correct, I work and live in SF at the moment.  Sure you can pick my brain, but i haven't done much research for awhile since my plans got delayed...so maybe not much to pick.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Don't forget MN too.  ;)

Lol, someone told me MN was nice in the fall...maybe.

Advertisements