Advertisement

Author Topic: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)  (Read 13879 times)

Evil_K_Man

Re: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
It is very beautiful.  :)

Hmmm...I'll think about it, if I visit MN again I want to time it where I don't have to deal with the humid summers nor the cold winters.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
Then, fall is the best time to come. Right around Sept-Nov. But for the colorful autumn leaves..It starts in Late Sept/October.

Duly noted...

Bokehlicious

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
There is nothing more rewarding and life fulfilling than traveling the world immersing yourself in different cultures.  Though I've never traveled alone.  It has always been with a group and with people I know. 

Good luck and safe travel!

svang415

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »
There is nothing more rewarding and life fulfilling than traveling the world immersing yourself in different cultures.  Though I've never traveled alone.  It has always been with a group and with people I know. 

Good luck and safe travel!

yeah, in this day in age it's so hard to get everybody together even for lunch, let alone, traveling.  for the past 4 years I've been trying to nail down big trips with some friends and most of them have been unsuccessful.  i got tired of waiting..i figure there will never be a perfect time..i have to do it before I'm confined to a walker or something, lol!

svang415

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »
That is correct, I work and live in SF at the moment.  Sure you can pick my brain, but i haven't done much research for awhile since my plans got delayed...so maybe not much to pick.

no worries Evil K.  there's actually a meet plan go event coming up this month which i'll be going with my gf.  i'm sure there will be lots of brains there for me to pick!

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
no worries Evil K.  there's actually a meet plan go event coming up this month which i'll be going with my gf.  i'm sure there will be lots of brains there for me to pick!

Don't forget to share any good pointers with us on here.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
I'm surprise to see you here this late.  ???

I was still at work but I just got off now...I'm getting dinner then hitting the gym later.  How come ur on late? isn't it like 8pm/9pm there already?

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
thanks dude, im actually a sista .. but yeah sometimes i do get a sense that i can b a hoarder.. i think i will have to start bit by bit, im glad u were able to let ur things go

I am a vang too. Nice to meet you sister.

Hey sister, you confused me.  You mentioned that you're going to see your gf? Are you a brother or a sister?  I am confused.  :-\ :-\ :-\

svang415

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 05:27:32 AM »
Hey sister, you confused me.  You mentioned that you're going to see your gf? Are you a brother or a sister?  I am confused.  :-\ :-\ :-\

ha! a gf could also mean a girl that is a friend.  i use the term all the time

Pucca

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:34 PM »
Sounds like you'll have a good trip  :)

I've lived all over and traveled the world pretty extensively.  I find it much more enjoyable if I have a home when I travel.  I also tend to base myself in one location 3-6 months. 

For example, I got myself a nice flat in London.  Then I would venture out to different parts of Western Europe but always had my flat in London to return to.  When London was done, I moved on to Rome, etc.  I like to get a taste of the locals and how people really live.  I don't know if money is an issue with you, but you can also get a job while you're living there and that is always a plus. 

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
wow, I admire you and kinda jealous of you. I wish I live a life that I'm free to travel the world like this. unfortunately, I have too much bills to take care of. if I stop working, where am I going to live? what am I going to eat and what will pay my bills? all these prevent me from traveling.

you must have some $$$ saved up already huh, in order to travel for that long without working na. that's usually the case with most people anyways. for me, I don't have a dime saved up so it'll be super hard too. I wish I am financially stable in life already because I would be more than happy to be your traveling partner. sigh...I can always dream. if you don't mind, can you tell me how you're able to make this decision? did you have to save a lot? what about your bills? etc.

svang415

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 11:33:47 PM »
Sounds like you'll have a good trip  :)

I've lived all over and traveled the world pretty extensively.  I find it much more enjoyable if I have a home when I travel.  I also tend to base myself in one location 3-6 months. 

For example, I got myself a nice flat in London.  Then I would venture out to different parts of Western Europe but always had my flat in London to return to.  When London was done, I moved on to Rome, etc.  I like to get a taste of the locals and how people really live.  I don't know if money is an issue with you, but you can also get a job while you're living there and that is always a plus.

Hi Pucca, thank you for the 2 cents. I like the 2-3 month idea thing.  It sounds like you do some traveling for work, no?..or at least your work is flexible when it comes to traveling ?  ...or did you adapt to whatever work was available in each country? 

My plan is to plan as far out as 3 to 6 mos with no obligation to work during the first couple of months.  Ideally it would be nice to furnish my whole trip for a year, but yeah, eventually, I'll have to make a living somewhere to sustain myself while I'm abroad. 

Currently I have other priorities ahead of this but come the end of September I do plan on fully focusing on this and if you're around maybe I'll hit you up for some more 2 cents if you don't mind.  LMK ;D

svang415

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »
wow, I admire you and kinda jealous of you. I wish I live a life that I'm free to travel the world like this. unfortunately, I have too much bills to take care of. if I stop working, where am I going to live? what am I going to eat and what will pay my bills? all these prevent me from traveling.

you must have some $$$ saved up already huh, in order to travel for that long without working na. that's usually the case with most people anyways. for me, I don't have a dime saved up so it'll be super hard too. I wish I am financially stable in life already because I would be more than happy to be your traveling partner. sigh...I can always dream. if you don't mind, can you tell me how you're able to make this decision? did you have to save a lot? what about your bills? etc.

Hey Autumbreeze, if somebody asked me that 15 years ago, I'd be like no way can I do it either.  I don't have much saved up but I figure if I don't do this I'll never forgive myself.  There will never be a perfect time.  I've flown by the seat of my pants before and things have worked out for me always in a positive way so the way I look at it, it really doesn't hurt to try.  As for bills, when I was younger it was piled high but now I've minimalized my life a bit so those bills are manageable to where by the time I leave it'll be taken care of.  I would say start preparing now if you plan on doing something.   My credit card miles will pay for at least two intercontinent flights and a couple domestic flights so I'll be saving money that way. Also, I plan on spending more more time in countries where I can get by with $500 or so a month.  I figure if I fail, I can always come back home and get back in the rat race, but hey at least I gave it a shot.  O0

Pucca

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
Hi Pucca, thank you for the 2 cents. I like the 2-3 month idea thing.  It sounds like you do some traveling for work, no?..or at least your work is flexible when it comes to traveling ?  ...or did you adapt to whatever work was available in each country? 

My plan is to plan as far out as 3 to 6 mos with no obligation to work during the first couple of months.  Ideally it would be nice to furnish my whole trip for a year, but yeah, eventually, I'll have to make a living somewhere to sustain myself while I'm abroad. 

Currently I have other priorities ahead of this but come the end of September I do plan on fully focusing on this and if you're around maybe I'll hit you up for some more 2 cents if you don't mind.  LMK ;D

I don't travel too often for work these days.  I have 1 overseas client and a few on the west coast.  But the majority of clients come in to see me. 

When I was traveling/working, I accepted positions in other countries that I was offered through mutual acquaintances.  Basically, friends of friends offered to hire me.  I got a flavor of how the field (I'm in law) worked in that particular country and the rest of the time was mine to explore my surroundings.  When I was in graduate school, I got this advice from my dean: To never turn down opportunities when you're starting out, especially opportunities you'll never get again.  I took this advice to heart.

Feel free to contact me if you think I can help.   :)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
I don't travel too often for work these days.  I have 1 overseas client and a few on the west coast.  But the majority of clients come in to see me. 

When I was traveling/working, I accepted positions in other countries that I was offered through mutual acquaintances.  Basically, friends of friends offered to hire me.  I got a flavor of how the field (I'm in law) worked in that particular country and the rest of the time was mine to explore my surroundings.  When I was in graduate school, I got this advice from my dean: To never turn down opportunities when you're starting out, especially opportunities you'll never get again.  I took this advice to heart.

Feel free to contact me if you think I can help.   :)

Not many people are willing to take the challenge for opportunity that come up especially when it through connection.  I always believed knowing and having good connection get you in the door to discover more and move up the ladder.  You might not get another chance if you turn down the 1sr time and only very few are lucky to aimed at it again the 2nd time around.  Look at our local first Hmong judge here.  1st time he wasn't sure about taking on the role but lucky to get another chance at it again.  I guess most people are afraid to take on challenge/opportunity when they have a family vs. being single. 

When my husband talk about China here and there.  I tell him let just moved over there for a few years because I'm sure you can find job in your field or even just teach. 

Advertisements