Advertisement

Author Topic: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)  (Read 13916 times)

maipovci

Re: any hmong woman up for traveling the world (2015)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
HI SVANG415, i'm looking to go to south america next summer. i would like to backpack my way through south america for about two months. i haven't really figured out the logistic but i do plan to make this a reality. we should talk.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

svang415

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »
HI SVANG415, i'm looking to go to south america next summer. i would like to backpack my way through south america for about two months. i haven't really figured out the logistic but i do plan to make this a reality. we should talk.

i'm in Chicknorris, next summer is perfect.  i should b all set by then.

i will pm u.

MSV

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
Unfortunately such a long trip would burn my pockets and I'd come home and have to eat grass for a year or two  :'(

Please do update us. Have you thought about which cities and/or countries you want to visit? What about arranging housing or a place to sleep?

svang415

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 10:40:20 PM »
Hi all... sorry i haven't updated all..but I've been on the road since December 2015..if you're interested in my travels you can PM me and I'll send you my FB....FB is the only platform I've been updating folks on...i did want to keep a blog..but that's quite a bit a work..even updating FB itself is a lot of work..i would love to meet up with some other fellow travelers that are out there...i'm currently in Vietnam and will be heading back to India this Saturday..for summer I'll be in Europe caravanning with 2 of my friends from the states...then who knows...:0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
Hi all... sorry i haven't updated all..but I've been on the road since December 2015..if you're interested in my travels you can PM me and I'll send you my FB....FB is the only platform I've been updating folks on...i did want to keep a blog..but that's quite a bit a work..even updating FB itself is a lot of work..i would love to meet up with some other fellow travelers that are out there...i'm currently in Vietnam and will be heading back to India this Saturday..for summer I'll be in Europe caravanning with 2 of my friends from the states...then who knows...:0

Thanks for the update svang415. Glad to see you living life as it is intended.. O0

Just curious, have you met up with any member on this site yet? If so, who? and where did you go?

Any photos to share?

svang415

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 11:44:10 PM »
Thanks for the update svang415. Glad to see you living life as it is intended.. O0

Just curious, have you met up with any member on this site yet? If so, who? and where did you go?

Any photos to share?

Many thanks!  Its a jump that I haven't regretted.  (though every once in a while i do miss having a routine and all the finer materialistic things in life)

I actually made a (girl) friend off this site but none for traveling so far.

As a solo traveler I use many platforms to reach out to other travelers and learn travel info..so this is just another one of those platforms.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with other fellow Hmong peeps but its not the end of the world if I don't.

My record of my travels are on FB where I keep all my bazillion pictures.  (I'll PM you the info). 

I've thought about keeping a blog but I haven't been able to start one up yet. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »
Many thanks!  Its a jump that I haven't regretted.  (though every once in a while i do miss having a routine and all the finer materialistic things in life)

I actually made a (girl) friend off this site but none for traveling so far.

As a solo traveler I use many platforms to reach out to other travelers and learn travel info..so this is just another one of those platforms.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with other fellow Hmong peeps but its not the end of the world if I don't.

My record of my travels are on FB where I keep all my bazillion pictures.  (I'll PM you the info). 

I've thought about keeping a blog but I haven't been able to start one up yet.

Thank you! Be safe, happy travels, enjoy learning new things, and more importantly, continue to live life to the fullest... as it is pure awesomeness..O 0

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »
svang415, can you also PM me your facebook? I would love to see all your travel pics. You're such an inspiration and I wish I could just up and leave to travel like you too.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 05:46:10 PM »
svang415, can you also PM me your facebook? I would love to see all your travel pics. You're such an inspiration and I wish I could just up and leave to travel like you too.

Yes she is! Which why I created a thread in the general forum applauding her "inspiration".

For those that want to live your life as full as possible, don't "wish", JUST DO IT!!! O0 O0 O0

Happy travels.. 8)

svang415

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »
Yes she is! Which why I created a thread in the general forum applauding her "inspiration".

For those that want to live your life as full as possible, don't "wish", JUST DO IT!!! O0 O0 O0

Happy travels.. 8)

Thank you all for the support!!

Some folks in general SMH at me and of course some Hmong folks really SMH at me, lol!!

Running into other travelers and having folks back at home support my idea is what keeps me going.

When I first started I was scared sh*tless but on my connecting flight from Hong Kong to Dubai (when I first started my trip) I guess you can say I met an angel.

I didn't know anybody and I didn't know what was waiting for me in Dubai. All I had was a hotel booked for 1 week.  I even wondered if i would fly back home asap, lol!

Anyways, the angel was my seat mate.  She was this bubbly little Filipina sitting in the middle seat and had the biggest smile on her face.  As I started to sit down she asked the flight attendant to switch seats as she was in the middle seat and wanted an aisle seat.  While the flight attendant walked around to look for an aisle seat, we started chatting it up.  Moments later the flight attendant returned and told her that there was an aisle seat available.  My new bubbly friend replied "Nevermind, its okay I just made a new friend".  From that moment on I knew everything would be okay.   

Its moments like these that keep me going and of course we are still friends to this day.  I have gone back to visit her again and she's invited me over again for the summer to stay with her but I politely declined as it will be a scorcher there!  Anyways..just thought I'd share this moment with you guys. :)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »
Thank you all for the support!!

Some folks in general SMH at me and of course some Hmong folks really SMH at me, lol!!

Running into other travelers and having folks back at home support my idea is what keeps me going.

When I first started I was scared sh*tless but on my connecting flight from Hong Kong to Dubai (when I first started my trip) I guess you can say I met an angel.

I didn't know anybody and I didn't know what was waiting for me in Dubai. All I had was a hotel booked for 1 week.  I even wondered if i would fly back home asap, lol!

Anyways, the angel was my seat mate.  She was this bubbly little Filipina sitting in the middle seat and had the biggest smile on her face.  As I started to sit down she asked the flight attendant to switch seats as she was in the middle seat and wanted an aisle seat.  While the flight attendant walked around to look for an aisle seat, we started chatting it up.  Moments later the flight attendant returned and told her that there was an aisle seat available.  My new bubbly friend replied "Nevermind, its okay I just made a new friend".  From that moment on I knew everything would be okay.   

Its moments like these that keep me going and of course we are still friends to this day.  I have gone back to visit her again and she's invited me over again for the summer to stay with her but I politely declined as it will be a scorcher there!  Anyways..just thought I'd share this moment with you guys. :)

Awesome, thanks for sharing and continue to keep us updated as you journey on when you can... O0

I hear you, there are still some of those "Hmong folks" that really SMH at the idea of women traveling alone but I do see more and more are opening their minds and progressing and moving forward by recognizing the fact that women are also humans so they should have the same rights to live their life as they see fit for them...It's a fact that women can be just as capable as men when given the opportunity as history has proven it...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:16:21 PM by theking »

baddabing

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:06:47 PM by baddabing »

Advertisements