Advertisement

Author Topic: Printer Problems  (Read 1335 times)

bulbasaur

Printer Problems
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
As absurd as it sounds, I remember having printer problems whenever a paper is due.  It wasn't every time, but enough for it to be annoying.  The professor is never going to believe you.  Fortunately, I never missed one, but it wasn't without stress.

With today's tech, this seems to be less of a problem.  Tablets, cloud services, wireless everywhere, portable hard drives, etc.  Many schools even give free printing. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: Printer Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »
There's a paper shows that student's grandmas often die on exam day than any other day. 

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2007/05/the_dead_grandm.html

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
I would like to see those numbers in comparison to all grandparents' deaths throughout the year for students ages 18-22.  What is the average age when grandparents pass away in comparison to their grandchildren?  Is there a significant difference? 

Also, how many of those "grandparent deaths" are just a fictional fabrication?   

Maybe my printer problems were just as likely as any other printing job, but I simply placed more stress on the moment. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »
I was fortunate enough that a lot of my upper level major courses didn't require papers, and if and when we did have them our professors preferred an electronic copy.  I was never foolish enough to use the printing problem excuse; I used the "I incorrectly typed in your email address" excuse.  O0

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
These days kids don't need worksheet or even print or write anymore.  Homework and all class work are done on their tablet.  Not even a textbook.  This technology is good but at the same time not good because we have to work hard to monitor our kids and their school works.  My oldest sometime you can't tell if she's really doing her hw or just online.  Making so many excuses when you asked for help around the house.  School don't even send out anything but make notice through online for event, etc.  it like you got another job to keep an eye for email. 

Advertisements