Advertisement

Author Topic: Aren't genuine hmong green supposed to have an accent?  (Read 13819 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Aren't genuine hmong green supposed to have an accent?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
Oh, one more thing. When you produced valid evidence to prove "Ruam" Chlorox wrong, he'll label it, "nonsense". What a loser that "Ruam" Chlorox is.  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:49 PM »
Well, since I am wrong about my (this) "FACT" (theory/argument) -- that the Green dialect/language IS NOT the original language of the Hmong/Mong (Miao=Hmong-Chinese) -- per your ignorance; which any sound Hmong academic, or non-Hmong, can easily cite/research, why don't you CITE yours that claims, or shows and proves, that the "Green dialect is the original language", if that is truly your belief.  (To my knowledge, there is NO (zero) work, study, research, or any creditable scholar(s)/person even remotely alluding to this hypothesis whatsoever except Green Mong hearsay -- that is Green pride period, nothing more.)

One thing that is sure (or can be scientifically/empirically proven), is that Green Mong; the language and the people are not, and IS NOT anything remotely genuine, that is the ORIGINAL, or ancestral bloodline of the Hmong/Mong/Hmong-Chinese.  The scientific/empirical data (facts) actually (arguably) says the complete opposite.  Yes, this/these published academics can be cited/researched, of and within Western and Eastern scholars/researchers -- Hmong and non-Hmong alike.

But since you asked, I'll entertain the inquiry and name one of many known scholars/researchers who have argued/claimed that the "Green Hmong -- the language and its people" ARE NOT the original/authentic Hmong/Mong/Hmong-Chinese.  It is that Hmong-Aussie guy, for starters.  (Surely you must know this Aussie Hmong guy?)  As for a non-Hmong, N. Tapp comes to mind, for starters.  (Now go do your diligence, at researching these well-known scholarships, and learn (universal) FACT from (Green) fiction.  Ua tsaug.)

"nonsense"  ;D

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
No one speaks the "genuine" accent/language. Not even the indigenous rain forest tribes, cut off from the rest of the world, retains the original first dialect and/or accent of their people. Not Japan, a country that is the most homogenous in modern human history, has retained their original dialect/accent. Any human being on the face of earth, right now, if they were to travel 500 years into the past, at the exact spot they are standing, everyone from that -500 year era would NOT understand 95% of your speech.

How can you claim that the Hmong (white) dialect that you hear today on the streets is somehow identical to the original dialect and is the original dialect? You do not even sound like a Lao-Hmong accent. A Lao-Hmong does not sound like a southern China-Hmong. A southern China-Hmong does not sound like his great-great-grandparents.

chidorix0x

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »
"nonsense"  ;D

"perfectly legal", says the arguably Middle School equivalent trained ranter, who Google/Yahoo/internet-search "QUOTES" random rhetoric as "back up" to support his/her overall ignorance -- HAHA! (See how ridiculous that "nonsense" is.)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »
"perfectly legal", says the arguably Middle School equivalent trained ranter, who Google/Yahoo/internet-search "QUOTES" random rhetoric as "back up" to support his/her overall ignorance -- HAHA! (See how ridiculous that "nonsense" is.)

"nonsense"  ;D

chidorix0x

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:20 PM »
No one speaks the "genuine" accent/language. Not even the indigenous rain forest tribes, cut off from the rest of the world, retains the original first dialect and/or accent of their people. Not Japan, a country that is the most homogenous in modern human history, has retained their original dialect/accent. Any human being on the face of earth, right now, if they were to travel 500 years into the past, at the exact spot they are standing, everyone from that -500 year era would NOT understand 95% of your speech.

How can you claim that the Hmong (white) dialect that you hear today on the streets is somehow identical to the original dialect and is the original dialect? You do not even sound like a Lao-Hmong accent. A Lao-Hmong does not sound like a southern China-Hmong. A southern China-Hmong does not sound like his great-great-grandparents.

Not to intentionally bring up "old skeletons", but if memory is correct, you too, were one of the adamant Green(s) who proclaimed (and had strong opinion) that the Green Mong (language and people) were the original (ancestral bloodline) of the Hmong/Mong/Hmong-Chinese.  (As a matter of fact, that "nearsighted claim" of yours, among others (Green) can be found within PH -- within one of the older thread/subject matter regarding this said "topic/discussion".)

So what has transpired since for you to make this "new" bold generalization/revelation?  *hehehe*  (Perhaps some new-found sound research/scholarships/realization about univerals FACT versus (Green) fiction eh?)

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »
Dude, stop taking crack before coming in here to debate.  Then you might make some sense.  The argument is not whether Moob leeg is the original dialect or not.  The argument I am proposing is against the fact that you mentioned that moob leeg has been copying/mimicking the white dialect for decades.  This is NOT true.  You seem delusional/biased on this subject matter.  I asked for one single source and what happens?  You go rambling as though you are on a meth trip......

chidorix0x

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »
Dude, stop taking crack before coming in here to debate.  Then you might make some sense.  The argument is not whether Moob leeg is the original dialect or not.  The argument I am proposing is against the fact that you mentioned that moob leeg has been copying/mimicking the white dialect for decades.  This is NOT true.  You seem delusional/biased on this subject matter.  I asked for one single source and what happens? You go rambling as though you are on a meth trip......

*giggles*  This is a good "joke".  I like it, so I will play along  ...  kekeke.

Oh yeah, you wanted a "single source" regarding the fact that Moob Leeg/Ntsuab has been copying/mimicking the White Dialect, of the White Hmong, for decades, if not hundreds of years till present day USA and the West right?

Foremost, the thread/subject author, Missterious, is living proof of this FACT.  Firsthand eye witness account(s) will trump any book, research paper, or second-hand scholarship anyday, anywhere, and at any given time known to man.  Ok, Missterious is full of crap -- lying let's say.  Well then, why don't you, or any inquiring mind (ignorance) who wants to know factually just go out into the Hmong community anywhere throughout the world where Green and White Hmong happen to live together, or within close proximity of one another.  Now, ask yourself, "From whom and how are the Green Mong learning (mimicking/copying) the White Dialect from, as it is not native to their Green language?"

Not good enough eh?  Ok, let us do a "simple scientific deduction" to see what it says, or concludes.

Did the Green Mong live among the Chinese 10-100-1000 years ago?  Yes.
So that means the Green Mong learned the White Hmong dialect from the Chinese? Absolutely not. No. The Chinese natively speak Mandarin/Cantonese -- NOT White Hmong.

Did the Green Mong live among the Viets, Lao, Burmese, Thai 10-100-1000 years ago?  Yes.
So that means the Green Mong learned the White Hmong dialect from the Viets, Lao, Burmese, or Thai? Absolutely not. No. The Viets, Lao, Burmese, and Thai natively speak Viet, Lao, Burmese, and Thai respectively -- NOT White Hmong.

Did the Green Mong live among Americans (Europeans, Latinos, Africans etc.) within the last 10-100 years ago in the Western hemisphere?  Yes, as resettled immigrants.
So that means the Green Mong learned the White Hmong dialect from the Americans? Absolutely not. No. The Americans natively speak their own language: English, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, and African dialects native to them etc., and respectively -- NOT White Hmong.

So if the Green Mong did not learn (mimick/copy) the White Hmong dialect from the Chinese, Viets, Lao, Thai, and Americans of whom they live intimately with/among for 10-100-1000 years, then how did the Green Mong come to learn (mimick/copy) a native language uniquely spoken by the White Hmong.  Hmmm, how is this even possible?  Wait!

Did the Green Mong live with/among the White Hmong throughout Asia and the West for over 10-100-1000 years? Absolutely.  Yes.
So is it possible that the Green Mong learned (mimicked/copied) the native White Hmong dialect from the White Hmong? Absolutely. Yes, the Green Mong learned (mimicked/copied) the native White Hmong dialect from the White Hmong. No way! YES WAY! The ONLY WAY. Practical common sense which can be scientifically (deductively) proven.  Oh, we just did that  ...  kekeke. (Denial and ignorance is bliss.)

Deductive conclusion (fact):  The very fact that the Green Mong have/has and continues to live with/among the White Hmong for over decades, hundreds, to thousands of years throughout the world globally, the Green Mong must have first heard and then learned (mimicked/copied) the White Hmong dialect, which is solely native to the White Hmong and no other race or ethnicity, including the Green Mong themselves; thus over time the Green Mong became fluent in the White dialect in terms of tone, vocabulary, and overall speech -- pretty much like how we and other foreigners to the USA learn (mimicked/copied) the English language.  (Wow, how is this even possible? The truth SPEAKS for itself.  Get it -- SPEAKS! *giggles*)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:12:23 PM by chidorix0x »

chidorix0x

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »
...  This is NOT true.  You seem delusional/biased on this subject matter.  I asked for one single source and what happens? ...

NOT true ... "one single source and what happens?"  (It found me, and I wasn't even looking for it, or anything of its kind ... kekeke.)

Note some of the "perfect White Hmong dialect", spoken by Hmong/Mong elders in China -- today, of the 21st century.  Imagine that?  How is it even possible?  *lol*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6SNL3fj4es&list=UU1SsmGY-COGoFeLR4kwSDaw

chidorix0x

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
joot (plus all other),

Friends that care -- shares.  Anyway, enjoy ...  kekeke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOjYLOlKL8

AverageTou

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »
I've heard some people who are green but they speak green like they are white. And then ive heard greens that speak with a really pronounced accent.
For example, some say "tag" but aren't they supposed to sound like "taag"

Ua tuab zoo noog kuv tsua pav ov...

Tag has 2 totally different meaning (one in Hmoob Dawb, another in Moob Leeg/Ntsuab).

Hmoob dawb, tag as in "pawv tag!" = all gone!, or "zoo tas tas!" = totally good! *note: some Hmoob dawb use tas instead of tag as in  "zoo tas tas!" = totally good! Which in Moob leeg is taag
Moob leeg, tag literally means serious/honest (it has nothing to do with all/total).  Which in Hmoob dawb is tiag

A Moob leeg said "Koj cov laj nuav rau miv ntsiv qua lom yawm (hov txob) ntxiv taag rua lawm mas qaab tag tag nawb."..." Hmoob dawb reply: "Puas tiag ma? ... Tag mas"
Hmoob dawb would say: "Koj cov laj no rau me ntsis kua txob (hov txob) ntxiv tas rau lawm mas qab tiag tiag nawb." Moob leeg reply: Puas tag ma... tiag mas"

Notice: majority of the time Hmoob dawb use "tas" instead of "tag" for the meaning of finished/total

Here's a clip of a few different words Hmoob dawb & Moob leeg nay misunderstand each other

Pay close attention to luv, cem, aub, ncu mov, yaws choj, lug from 3:50 onward

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:07:46 PM by AverageTou »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »

FACT: niam, txiv, koj, peb, kuv, etc. ARE all White Hmong words -- NOT Green Mong originally, or innately/inherently -- which the Green Mong have mimicked, copied, echoed, and used for 10-100+ years. But believe whatever you want.

You're so full of yourself... Did you somehow went back in time and record the original Hmong green and Hmong white language? No one knows the original Hmong language, let alone Green vs White. Don't make a fool of yourself...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

chidorix0x

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
You're so full of yourself... Did you somehow went back in time and record the original Hmong green and Hmong white language? No one knows the original Hmong language, let alone Green vs White. Don't make a fool of yourself...

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:  ...   ::)

The biggest fools (likely the majority) found within the Hmong/Mong community; even nowadays -- possibly even throughout the Hmong/Mong-verse -- are in fact ...  kekeke ... you guessed it  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

(They can even cited (past and present), but let us pretend to be ignorant of the facts to keep the Hmong(White)/Mong(Green) peace  ...  kekeke  ...  KEKEKE  ...   8))

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
I do not know what you mean by accent.  I speak hmong green fluently. I do not add white dialect when I speak because growing up, green dialect is all I know until high school.

I do not believe I have a green accent when I speak in green. I say taag instead of tag. I used the double consonant. Many said I have a green accent but to me I feel like I don't. I speak Hmong just like you hmong durrr. Hahaha.

P.S.

I do not call my daddy txwv. I call him IV even at the age of 29. Nothing wrong with that.

Do you use the word "nyiaj" or "nyaj" for money?  I find my husband using the word nyiaj.  There are a few other words that they use that is the white dialect.  They are the Vang group that settled with your Lee group back in Laos known as wear black dress/skirt in Saraboury.  I don't know if it's just the Vang and Xiong group wearing black dress/skirt that speak that way or the Lee too. 

I call my dad iv and my siblings too.  My husband does not call his dad iv but txiv along with all his brothers.  His sisters or my sil's everyone of them call dad iv.  My mom when she speak to me and address my dad it will be koj txiv.... 

As I grow older I think the word txiv sound more appropriate while if is kinda immature.  I can only called my fil txiv but my dad will always be iv.  It's not easy to go from iv to txiv. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:11 PM »
Green must be more talented if they can mimic white... ;)

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements