Advertisement

Author Topic: Heald college closures  (Read 3747 times)

BetterWitAge

Heald college closures
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Students-pick-up-pieces-after-Heald-College-6227049.php

Glad I dropped out after only 2 months. That was 15 years ago. Still I was slapped with a 700 dollar debt. I know several others who ended up with 40-50k in debt. With no employment even after graduating from these schools. They just ended up at a traditional college starting from the bottom.

A traditional college graduate will face the same situation of finding employment after graduation. However, their degree is legit. And that will always be a marketable asset.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Heald college closures
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:55:35 AM »
I always have this type of suspicion about for profit education institutions.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
Aren't all colleges and universities for profit?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »
Aren't all colleges and universities for profit?
Something to do with how they filed for reporting...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »
You're fooling yourself if you don't think a majority of schools (private, charter, etc) colleges, churches, organizations are all about helping people.  Granted you can land a good paying job with a 4 year degree, 2 year associates or no degree it is generally perceived that a college education never hurts your chances (unless they wanted to hire someone with less educational background for salary purposes) but help.  The idea that having a degree gets you a job is so very far from the truth.  Just like saying school and colleges want you to succeed.

Missterious

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
So what happens to all those who graduated from there? Is their degree invalid now then or how does that work?

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 11:27:17 AM »
The degree should still be valid.  Where it holds water depends on the employer, institutions, etc, to decide.  The issue with credits being valid is up to the academic institution to decide if they transfer.

BetterWitAge

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
I am guessing the students will get reimburse through some kind of government set up from the 30 million dollars they are suing for.

A friends' wife is caught up in this mess. She was also close to finishing. Now they don't know what's really going on, but the friend told me many are speculating that too many graduates  can't find employment and struggling to make payments to their loans.

Missterious

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 11:02:55 AM »
I read that only those who were enrolled during the time of closure will have their loans forgiven. I mean, I guess it makes sense. But what about the others who have already graduated? They'd still be victims of the deception put by the college.

Katastrophe

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
I wonder if all the debt incurred by students will be discharged like that of the students that attended Corianthians University or College or something. 

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »
scam.  i don't understand why the us government is not cracking down fake university..  univeristy of pheonix, itt tech, and so on.  they give out false hope to students who are better attending technical college.

Advertisements