Advertisement

Author Topic: The Tiny House  (Read 12173 times)

Katastrophe

Re: The Tiny House
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »
I would not mind living in a tiny house.  Some tiny houses have character and charm and are very quaint. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »
I would trade my house for one of the tiny house (legal one).

My house is 1,000 sqf with a 2 car attached garage.  I think it is perfectly fine for me but I would prefer a more modern house that lets in a lot of light.  Ranch house look like a trailer.  Don't like it.

Katastrophe

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 11:25:03 PM »
http://www.housebeautiful.com/design-inspiration/house-tours/g2370/tiny-houses/?

I especially love the floating house.  I think I need to move to Seattle or look into buying some land with a lake. 

Snowdrop

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »
I've watched a few tiny house episodes on HGTV.  Some people don't care for a big house and just want down size so they can move their tiny house anywhere they go.

I think a house is an investment.  I do see that tiny houses ranges from 25k to 58k.  So not sure if it's worth it to trade in a normal size home for a tiny one.

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:18 AM »
Unless you got a family or you like "stuff,"  a big house isn't needed.  Like the old saying goes, "You can't take it with you," but you might be able to take a tiny house with you. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 07:42:07 AM »
Or take some advice from Willy Wonka,

bulbasaur

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
I think I might eventually do a tiny house, or an efficient living space.  I like my stuff, but all my stuff isn't that important.  I don't need any of my stuff.  I only keep them for sentimental value.  I have clothes that I don't wear.  Books that I probably won't read again.  Souvenirs.  Sports equipment.  Etc.  I still keep all my old basketballs for no reason.  If I can store all my media into one system, then that might be the day I do a tiny house.  Maybe I'll buy a storage unit for all my stuff if I ever feel like walking down memory lane.

Tiny house? Tiny house still requires a lot, lot means rental fees & taxation. If there's a place you can camp out freely, I just get a yurt/teepee.

Sifu

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
If I had more land I'd try a boxcar home and just modify a bunch of them to form a larger home.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
Unless you got a family or you like "stuff,"  a big house isn't needed.  Like the old saying goes, "You can't take it with you," but you might be able to take a tiny house with you. 

If you're going to get one of these, why not just get a camper?

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements