Advertisement

Author Topic: No 8th grade Grad in MN?  (Read 4172 times)

Giggles_Shyly

No 8th grade Grad in MN?
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »
My niece is going to be done with 8th grade very soon here and I was sad to find out there is no 8th grade graduation?! In Cali we had 8th grade graduation :-\ guess MN does not have it.

Still giving my niece a graduation card with some spending money though, she studies hard and top of her class :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Giggles_Shyly

Re: No 8th grade Grad in MN?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:52:11 AM »
Very true, and she deserves it, Thanks! :)

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »
i didn't even get to go to 8th grade...skippe d it because 1) I was either too old or 2) i was too smart.  I believe the later, because I have 2 girlfriends and they don't even know about the other.   :D ;D

Puas yog mas? Well, happy belated 8th grade grad Tai Lau :love1: :occasion16: and LOL on the two girlfriends :knuppel2:

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:06 AM »
Nope just high school graduation.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
believe it or not...they asked me why I should not have to complete 8th grade and my excuse was exactly as it is...I have 2 girlfriends, one in 7th grade (going to be 8th) and one in 8th grade (going to be 9th), besides I was to far advanced for the (8th grade) curricular studies and my extracurricula r activities of dibbing girl superseded those of the average students!  :2funny: 8) 8)

Hmmm, player since born Tai Lau? Kudos for you to still be a player even now :P

Nope just high school graduation.

I wonder why though, 8th grade a a pretty big step, youths entering adult like status.

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
I guess MN schools don't see that way.  I know they made a graduation thing for my Kindergarten and First Grader children last year.  But I haven't seen any information about this year.  Maybe they will.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:48:07 AM »
I think the growth process for little kids are most important from P-12, very easily persuaded. We have to guide them well at least through those stages. Goals and appreciation through achievements make them more subjectable to excel.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 01:05:11 PM »
Not until high school.

I didn't go to my college graduation.  I feel like it's just a birthday party. I don't care.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »
Not until high school.

I didn't go to my college graduation.  I feel like it's just a birthday party. I don't care.

Why didn't you go to your college graduation!?!? You should of gone :( You worked so hard for that piece of paper. At first I didn't want to go as well, but I thought about my hard work and my parents, I wanted to share the moment with them. So in the end I was glad I went.

minorcharacter

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
Lol.  Middle school graduation isn't much of an achievement.  My school in Wisconsin didn't do it either.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 12:49:21 PM »
Minor, kindergarden is a BIG deal :P it's the beginning of the rest of your life 8)

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
There is 5th grade grad but not 8th... my sil lives in white bear.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »
There is 5th grade grad but not 8th... my sil lives in white bear.

Preschool, K and 5th is just done in their own classroom.  Here we do 8th graduation along with end of the school year award assembly. 

I didnt go to my high school graduation.  My husband told me he didn't go to his too.  Undergraduate and graduate school he did but still has not celebrated that moment.  I told my husband when he retired from 25th year of service from his first full time job to this day with the same employer.  I don't care and I am doing him a party.  He only has couple more years....... We won't get to enjoyed retirement as our 4 younger kids are still in middle and high school. 

Like this post: +1

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 06:48:23 PM »
Oh you should! A lifetime of achievements all in one :) grand celebration to be proud of.

Sleipnir

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »
I went K-12 in WI and we also didn't do graduation ceremonies for 8th grade either.  We just took a big field trip as a whole grade class to a theme park and we were all off to HS the following year.

This is how I remembered ending each year...

Grade school K - 5:  End of school year Carnival (all grade levels)

Middle School 6th Grade:  Science Museum
Middle School 7th Grade:  Noah's Ark Waterpark
Middle School 8th Grade:  Valley Fair Theme Park

HS 9th Grade:  No celebration/ceremony
HS 10th Grade:  No celebration/ceremony
HS 11th Grade:  No celebration/ceremony
HS 12th Grade:  Graduation and Senior Lock-in Night

I think in the midwest, we generally don't celebrate or do a "graduation ceremony" because in 8th grade you don't actually get an academic degree or diploma.  I mean, when I walk up there, what are they going to give me?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:31:59 PM by Sleipnir »

Advertisements