Advertisement

Author Topic: EVO 2015  (Read 1611 times)

bulbasaur

EVO 2015
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »
EVO is back.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: EVO 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:50:31 AM »
Momochi wins over Gamerbee in the Grand Finals of SF4.  I don't like the game that much, but it is still the headliner. 

Personally, I was more interested in MKX and Tekken 7.  Let's see what these new games have to offer. 

Tokido is one bada$$.  He is rarely grand champion of any game, but he plays every game really well.  EVO should have a true Grand Champion based on all the fighting games.  Just an idea...

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
I only got to watch like 10 matches mostly Daigo but this year was pretty sweet

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
Killer Instinct looks fun.  They should do a KI vs. MK game.  Heck, maybe the next DC game should be DC vs. MK vs. KI: When Worlds Collide.  That would be fun. 

N`Chync

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 10:03:58 AM »

EVO should have a true Grand Champion based on all the fighting games.  Just an idea...

Takes too much out of the players. Even the commentators point out how playing in multiple games has made Justin Wong's game in Street Fighter suffer. Daigo use to play Marvel vs Capcom but he focused more on SF4.

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
That is why this would be a true grand champion.  It is easier to just focus on one game.  It is harder to try to focus on multiple games.  Also, the choice is still on the players.  A player doesn't have to go for EVO Grand Champion.  He can just go for SF4 Grand Champion.  This would be a similar system to NASCAR.  A driver could become champion and not have actually won the most races. 

Takes too much out of the players. Even the commentators point out how playing in multiple games has made Justin Wong's game in Street Fighter suffer. Daigo use to play Marvel vs Capcom but he focused more on SF4.

Advertisements