Advertisement

Author Topic: Who do you think will get on the bandwagon of this?  (Read 4577 times)

zena

Who do you think will get on the bandwagon of this?
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:04 PM »
This article talks about Internet of Things and where it's heading.  I think it's a good idea to start planning on streamlining the technology.  I'm seeing a trend in watches.  Do you think that's one direction technology will go?  Do you think it's even the right direction?  I have a hard time finding that watches are that big of a deal and I can't see everything being streamlined onto a watch.  I'm just using the watch as an example because lately it's been the trend.  I know that something has to be done with our technology otherwise it wall just become chaos.

Article link: The Future of the Internet of Things Will Be 'Notification Hell' Before It Gets Better

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you think will get on the bandwagon of this?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »
Maybe if you get paid to wear them.

zena

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:47:04 PM »
Maybe if you get paid to wear them.

:icon_scratch:  :)

I guess not too many people notice it.  :)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:27:45 PM »
I'm disgusted how technology has evolved and driven purely by the desire to make more money; where ads plaster every electronic device with a cpu.

People who indulges themselves in the "want" arena will get on the bandwagon. Communist peeps  will not.lol

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
Watches have a potential to be the next big tech trend, it's a of making it into a necessity. Just look back in history.  Nobody thought that computers will ever be  used by  ordinary people in their homes, but Steve Jobs turned it into a necessity for ordinary people.  Same goes for cellphones, at first it was only used for making calls on the road,  and yet again,  Jobs put the computer into a phone making the majority of people needing it on a daily basis.

But I think the next big tech trend might skip the watch (or at least it won't be that much of an impact ), and move on to the smart glasses. When in need of information, first, we were using books, but that would mean going out to buy a book or go to the library. So making it a less of a  hassle,  we used the computer, using data stored in it than the internet.  Next it was still too inconvenient to have to go back to the computer or it was becoming a hassle carrying a laptop with you every where you go.  That's when the convenience of having information available to you everywhere you go and can be put in your pocke.That's the ssmartphone.  In the near future, I can see people thinking it's a hassle to have to take the phone out of their pockets every time they need to look up something or having to struggle holding on to the phone and working at the same time. This is where the smart glasses comes in. Everything can be easily and hassle fre,  all tthat someone needs to do is  just look straight and keep on working. Hands aren't tied up and no need to  reach into the pocket every single time.

Advertisements