Advertisement

Author Topic: My New Hmong music that I composed.  (Read 2216 times)

TheAfterLife

My New Hmong music that I composed.
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:13:47 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/kevin-vang-4/the-trail-of-the-hmong-war-from-china

I put Kwv Txhiaj in there by adding a few taste to it. It's a memoir for those who didn't make it out alive. Therefore, remember our people who strive to live in peace and tries to go back and help the others.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

zena

Re: My New Hmong music that I composed.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
Beautiful.

Although, the stuff about Hmong is in the past.  We didn't suffer at the hands of the Chinese nor did we suffer in any recent persecutions.  If we did, you would not have this grand opportunity to create beautiful music.  You are free.  Be thankful.  :)

Other cultures suffer too and do so currently.

Like this post: 0

zena

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
We did suffer from a persecution in the Ming Dynasty, the Qin Dynasty, and the Huangdi Dynasty. Read about Chiyou/Txiv Yawg and you will know that we have been persecuted for this long. We had 3 empires before, which they are Dongyi (Roob Yim), Chu (Tuam Tshoj), and San Miao (Peb Hmoob). Read about these things and trust me, you will be shocked to hear what they did to us.

The Ming was the worst. They cut Hmong boys penis off so that they won't mate with a Hmong women. Why? That's because the Chinese wants the Hmong to be Chinese, which we aren't. We were raped soooo bad that we lost the Korean blood in us. I can give you the video if you want...

I think you misunderstand.  We, as in our generations or our parents generations or even before that.  None of us suffered any of it.  You can't say we when it didn't happen to us.  Yes, it happened centuries ago, but you can't prove that your ancestors were even a part of that war.  Don't make yourself a part of something you are not.  It is just history and good to learn and understand but don't put yourself in it as if you were there and suffered it all.

Lots of other cultures suffered similar things.  If you learn other people's cultures and histories, you will find that they suffer the same...and some even worse than what our ancestors went through.

No video needed.  I know what Hmong went through.  I also know what other cultures have gone through too.  I've learned that people suffer.  Not just Hmong people.

zena

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
You know how Brian Williams said he was on that military plane with the soldiers in the Iran war (I think it was the Iran war), and then it turned out he lied because he wasn't even on it.  Yeah, don't be like that.

It's like a black person being all upset at white people claiming they were treated bad as slaves.  How can that black person be treated like a slave when slavery has been banished for centuries.  Plus, they can't prove that their lineage was part of the slavery trade and abuse.  Yes, slavery happened.  It was wrong but it's the past.  It's not happening now because there are laws to protect it from happening so be glad.

We don't hear about the Irish or the Chinese complain about being slaves in the U.S.  In fact, we barely hear anything about what the U.S. did to the Native Indians.  They suffered too but they are not complaining.

So lets not separate the Hmong out as if we are so special.  We are not.  We are like the rest of the world.

zena

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »
Then why not read about the Ming Dynasty. My Brother-in-law, Andre Yang, is very knowledgeable about the Ming since he has those books that I really want in my hands. He knows that it did happened and this is him:

http://www.lanternreview.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/andre1-Taken-by-Mary-Yang1.jpg

That's fine but the question is, was he there when it happened?  Was he tortured?  Were you?

If the answers are no, then it's just history.  Don't make it like it happened to you.  Because right now, real people are suffering, losing limbs, dying for no reason, being tortured for no reason, and they are not Hmong.

zena

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 02:19:57 PM »
That is like saying, "We're you there when the sun was born? If not, then the sun doesn't exist."  :2funny:

I never said it didn't happen though. But I can say I wasn't there when the sun was born so I have no idea how it really happened.  I'm not upset at whatever the sun or it's ancestors did beforehand because I just wasn't there so I have no reason to feel angry at whatever happened before.

So, in other words, whatever happened to Hmong people back then, it happened to them.  But, you were not there so it didn't happen to you and you have no reason to be grudging on anyone.  Take history as it is.  History.  Learn and move on.  There's no reason to bring it back to the present and make it like it just happened yesterday.

Advertisements