Advertisement

Author Topic: Before I Die...  (Read 12874 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Before I Die...
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
yeejkoob,

it is funny how, in today's word, when we say "he is moob dlawb"...then we automatically assume he "speaks" the "white" dialect.  this is not the case at all about 100 years ago.  Back then, there is no such thing as the "white dialect" because all the dialects were "mixed" depending on locations of where they were and where they came from.

now, on what that loobtswb maggot was referring to (moob ntsuab) as being cannibalism.  This is a true labeling.  But again, do not assume that Moob ntsuab refers to Moob leeg or those who speaks the "leeg" dialect.  Moob ntsuab (referring to clothing) was just a group of people who happened to practice cannibalism..A ND MOST LIKELY A GROUP THAT SPEAKS THE LEEG DIALECT.  Over time, started to label these "green (referring to clothing again)" mong as "moob ntsuab (referring to cannibalism).  the funny part is, some moob leeg started calling this cannibalistic group as "moob ntsuab" too, separating themselves from the practice.  I personally do not know how or when such a practice came about.  but, i do know that some "moob dlawb" are part of with too (won't name names...becaus e he is an acquaintence of mine who said that his grandfather was related and living with these moob ntsuab aand that they even practiced it too).   BUT...I DO KNOW THAT IN AMERICA, THE LEE CLAN IN SACRAMENTO (COV MOOB LEEG AS WE KNOW IT TODAY) are the true canniabals that we are talking about.  however, they do not do it anymore.  lawd siv "mojzeeg" as a symbol of their kids being killed and offered  lawm xwb (this practice occurs during new year's eve).  if you interested in it as a paper, do became freiends with the elders of that clan, and you will get more info on it.
Wow, so an actual descendent of that.  I wonder if part of their belief system had something to do with gaining the spirit power of whomever they consume. 

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
villian,

i don't think the intention of the practice is for "power."  i have not the chance to ask those elders why or how they do it..its kinda taboo to even talk about it with them regarding that practice.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 01:54:54 AM »
villian,

i don't think the intention of the practice is for "power."  i have not the chance to ask those elders why or how they do it..its kinda taboo to even talk about it with them regarding that practice.
Okay, it is a touchy subject.  Even when folklore or fake stories are told about people turning into zombies/vampires or tiger folks/werewolves.  Just curious about the reason(s).

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »
regarding zombies/vampires, etc..

the first "known," recorded of such a thing occured in europe back in 1500 (if my memory is correct).  what happened was a man died (unknown to the people that he was stil alive).  after a quick funeral, that man was buried.  later that night, the man woke up from his coma, feeling dazed and confused.  he waalked back to his village, and the people (never seen anything like this) began to say it was the devil's work....they then killed the man again.  only, this time, he is dead.

hmong and their stories are very similar.  there have been stories of such a thing where the dead actually woke up from their funeral and live again normally.  these are the more recent stories.  however, hundreds of years ago, hmong had not the knowledge to detect a slow, beating heart.  of course, hmong would say such a person is dead--simlar to the story in europe. 

also, keep in mind, when mong does not understand something, they would also use dab as the cause.  an old crazy person would be called dab if he/she acts differently from the norm.  an animal would be called dab if it (as an example) has some kind of virus and acts strangely. 

i am sure most of the mong stories are a result of things like this.

yh

yuknowthat

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
And the hmong became smart... hmoob muab tu tuag coj mus tswm tshav for days in the sun. Seb ciaj los tuag ua ntej coj mus fau.  ;D Lol...

Txiv tawv kev thiaj ntau kuam nug hais tias "koj tuag dag los tuag tiag?"   :P ;D :2funny:

yuknowthat

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Yog muaj tseeb lid koj cov lus koj tau HAIS ces kuj mus kawm xwb -- txhob mloog mloog/ntseeg ntseeg lus huab lus cua lus ntaug lus xaiv.  Tsis tas kuv los tus ub tus nod tham pem rau koj pob ntseg os nawb.  Cov txwj laus neeg muaj coob ntau tus.  (How do you think I learned -- in addition to the scholarships I read/researched?)  Hmoob piv txwv tias, "Cuag lid tshuab raj rau twm pob ntseg xwb." (If that is your learning methodology then more power to ya  ...  KEKEKE  ...   :2funny:)  Nyaj koj nkag siab lo lus ntawd yom  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D
:2funny: " los lu tshuab rab rau twm pob ntseg" no tsawg tsawg tu thiab paub xwb.. feem coob cov laus uas born in the 1940s and down thaij paub xwb laib..

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
i'm wondering if that funny man knows what a loob tswb is.  no i don't mean the animal

chidorix0x

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »
:2funny: " los lu tshuab rab rau twm pob ntseg" no tsawg tsawg tu thiab paub xwb.. feem coob cov laus uas born in the 1940s and down thaij paub xwb laib..

... kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Cov ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic HA'MUNG mas yeej tsi paub tej lus nod li laud.  Lo lus nian/nam  haab txiv/iv xwb los xyom puas paub thiab los kuj muaj. Ho cov tseem Hmoob/Moob mas txawm yug kiag nag  hmo xwb los  tej lus xwb  ua cas thiab tsi paub, it is the Hmong / Mong language and vocabulary   ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2015, 01:10:34 AM »
good job chidldsosrs...

good job...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »
NeejYagHawj: For traditional hmong wedding, as a mother of the bride, what gifts must I have prepared for the bride.  2) As a mother of the groom, any gifts I need to prepare for the family of the bride? for the bride?

Also, when the bride is getting ready to leave her parents house and her parents prepared ib lub kawm for the wedding party (groom side).  What items go in there?

I wish someone could write a traditional hmong wedding preparation manual from beginning to finish.

That's what i'm wondering for now.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

chidorix0x

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
NeejYagHawj: For traditional hmong wedding, as a mother of the bride, what gifts must I have prepared for the bride.  2) As a mother of the groom, any gifts I need to prepare for the family of the bride? for the bride?

Also, when the bride is getting ready to leave her parents house and her parents prepared ib lub kawm for the wedding party (groom side).  What items go in there?

I wish someone could write a traditional hmong wedding preparation manual from beginning to finish.

That's what i'm wondering for now.

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:/ :D

Foremost, all u ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'idiotic ha'ranting (reverse discrimination) HA'Mung, ha'parents and ha'kids, MUST decide/accept if this is a HA'Mung ha'bride/ha'groom before any pertinent prerequisites and customs need be labored  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

ha'NOTHING as the ha'bride/ha'groom will see NO VALUE (significance, vim tej "phij cuam" nod yog Hmoob tee tug xwb ces laws yuav "G K" txog) in/within your gifts etc..  ...  kekeke  ...   :-X

ha'NOTHING  (tsis muaj cai ua yam txwv ntawd)  ...  kekeke  ...    ???

ha'NOTHING  ...  (tiam sis yuav tau rov lawd lub kawm nrog cov "matching required chickens/items" xwb  ...   O0)  ...  kekeke  ...   :o

An utter waste vim feem coob ces yog ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idiotic HA'Mung uas yuav/yeej tsis paub nyeem Ntawv/Lus Hmoob es txawm muab txhais kiag ua Lus Askiv los yeej kawg yog h'aprimitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless HA'Mung lawm xwb -- twb sim/ua dhau lo lawm --  "G VAUJ"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
Chido, me no understand what you're trying to say because your points are all over the place.  But let me add that there's nothing wrong with khoom phij cuam (what I was able to make out of your writing) and it's OK if this is a hmong thing.  In fact, we should be proud to have something to call our own vs borrow from others and make it our own unless of course you're not HA'Mung, I understand. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

chidorix0x

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
Chido, me no understand what you're trying to say because your points are all over the place.  But let me add that there's nothing wrong with khoom phij cuam (what I was able to make out of your writing) and it's OK if this is a hmong thing.  In fact, we should be proud to have something to call our own vs borrow from others and make it our own unless of course you're not HA'Mung, I understand.

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:/ ::)

Me ha'no ha'expecting DUH-HA'Mung ha'comprendez ha'NOTHING  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

U ha'questions???  ME ha'ANSWERED!...  kekeke  ...   O0  ...  ha'DUH  ...  kekeke  ...   8)

Advertisements