Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm going to have to say farewell to my GC/Koni set up  (Read 759 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to say farewell to my GC/Koni set up
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure the driver front is blown. 
I know they come with lifetime warranty but...  I just don't have time now to send it off and wait for it to come back.

Plus, it'd be nice to try a different set up.

Review of them!  Well unfortunately I bought it with the OTS springs... I think it's 380 front 250 back.

You'd probably want to go higher than that to be honest if anyone wants to try them out.

I'd say.. at least 450 front... 450-500 front... rear...same...

When you do the adjustment on them... from soft to stiff.. you feel it.  I never went full stiff or full soft... I've gone 3/4 stiff... and when it's stiff.. it's stiff, you can feel it, no bounce... it just feels like you're riding on dead shocks making big clunking noises when you're hitting pot holes...  which I actually like.  I like the stiffness.

I've only been 3/4 soft...and when you go soft...yeah you can feel it too.  It actually rides pretty nice and smooth.  But dang! When you hit a dip or a bump or a pot hole.. you will bottom out. That's how I dented up my headers... it's not a crazy back and forth bounce... it's just one big long bounce... that's why I would recommend 450-500 springs... I think that might be enough to keep that big bounce from happening and you won't have to run it stiff.  This way you will get a comfy ride in my opinion and avoid that big bounce. 

Just my opinion!  I'm no suspension guru, just going off my experience.  I did order some some 430 gc springs... honestly I think about it, I don't think it's enough... that front is still going to bounce... even on max height setting.  Tried to put them in but got stuck on a bolt... I'll have to cut it out... it's frustrating.  Oh wells. 

And so... I will be trying out the buddy club N+... see how those goes... apparently they are very stiff springs on them... but I do want stiff springs.

And honestly, I do like the fact that the height adjustment is idenpendent of the springs.

I got the GC/Koni on max height and dang, those springs are compressed.  There's just no way to tune with those springs withough affecting ride height.  It's upsetting to be unable to tune them and then also it's pushing up on my Upper Control Arms.  Hit a bad pothole and it crashes the shock tower... I'm unhappy with that. 

This'll be my last supensio setup.

I'll toss those GC/Koni onto something else in the future.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: I'm going to have to say farewell to my GC/Koni set up
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
You better clamp down those fillings in your teeth.  :P

Like this post: 0

Advertisements