Advertisement

Author Topic: would this place be fun for a group travel?  (Read 3737 times)

baddabing

would this place be fun for a group travel?
« on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »
...it's out in the jungles of Thailand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NBI-LDfRY

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: would this place be fun for a group travel?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »

Depends...as I can do it solo or in a group in that kind of setting...

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »

Yes, I would go with a group instead of solo, you just never know now-a-days. But I wouldn't expect it to be that beautiful.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

baddabing

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
Yes, I would go with a group instead of solo, you just never know now-a-days. But I wouldn't expect it to be that beautiful.

Why wouldn't it be that beautiful?

Some of these places are actually more beautiful in person.

Because videos or pictures can never give you the full experience of the whole surrounding and scenery.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »
Why wouldn't it be that beautiful?

Some of these places are actually more beautiful in person.

Because videos or pictures can never give you the full experience of the whole surrounding and scenery.

Believe me... I've been to some of those places where it's beautiful in infomercials and pamphlets but they're not. Remember, those infomercials and pamphlets are created to draw people to them. It all depends on what time of year, what time of day and the staging of it. Don't go just because it looks good in infomercials or pamphlets.

baddabing

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 12:38:45 PM »
Believe me... I've been to some of those places where it's beautiful in infomercials and pamphlets but they're not. Remember, those infomercials and pamphlets are created to draw people to them. It all depends on what time of year, what time of day and the staging of it. Don't go just because it looks good in infomercials or pamphlets.

I know what you're talking about, but this is a real nature places.  The video shows the whole surrounds, nothing about it is exagerated, so what's there not to believed about it?

Tell me what in the video is not real and they're just using video camera tricks to make the place look nicer that it really is?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:43:16 PM by baddabing »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
I know what you're talking about, but this is a real nature places.  The video shows the whole surrounds, nothing about it is exagerated, so what's there not to believed about it?

Tell me what in the video is not real and they're just using video camera tricks to make the place look nicer that it really is?

I'm sure it's beautiful... but look where it's located at? I wouldn't feel safe going there... just do a little research on in-fighting in Thailand's southern provinces. Majority is Muslim down there and there have been lots of fighting/bombing/killings.

Check out Phi Phi Island travel brochure, pictures, video, etc... I've been there and it's not like what they promote. It's just average like any other Island and beach.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:39:07 PM by Hung_Low »

baddabing

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
I'm sure it's beautiful... but look where it's located at? I wouldn't feel safe going there... just do a little research on in-fighting in Thailand's southern provinces. Majority is Muslim down there and there have been lots of fighting/bombing/killings.

Check out Phi Phi Island travel brochure, pictures, video, etc... I've been there and it's not like what they promote. It's just average like any other Island and beach.

Some places might not be as glamorous as in pictures or videos but I believed this place is pretty nice just like the video because it's in the wild surrounded by mountains.  I've traveled oversea before and some of the places I've seen in pictures are just as beautiful in person.  Besides, it's not just for the beautiful places, it's also for the different experience of being in another place and environment.

You're too negative.  I think you're those type who doesn't really care for outdoor adventures, sceneries, etc.  If you go traveling it's for other more specific reasons.

Besides I just like the place in the video, I don't literally meant to go out there.  I agreed with you, Thailand or Laos jungle expedition is not the safest most comfortable idea.  But these folks are not scared, they want adventure they don't think about what might possibley happened to them.  However, I'm sure it's pretty safe if you go in a large group with tourist guides, otherwise they wouldn't keep going to these places.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:33:20 PM by baddabing »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
Some places might not be as glamorous as in pictures or videos but I believed this place is pretty nice just like the video because it's in the wild surrounded by mountains.  I've traveled oversea before and some of the places I've seen in pictures are just as beautiful in person.  Besides, it's not just for the beautiful places, it's also for the different experience of being in another place and environment.

You're too negative.  I think you're those type who doesn't really care for outdoor adventures, sceneries, etc.  If you go traveling it's for other more specific reasons.

Besides I just like the place in the video, I don't literally meant to go out there.  I agreed with you, Thailand or Laos jungle expedition is not the safest most comfortable idea.  But these folks are not scared, they want adventure they don't think about what might possibley happened to them.  However, I'm sure it's pretty safe if you go in a large group with tourist guides, otherwise they wouldn't keep going to these places.

I'm not being negative... just cautious. And I love nature, I would rather go see nature than spend any time at a hmong NY, Soccer tourney, etc.

If you do go... just be in a small group. Large group tends to draw attention too. And never stray unto unbeaten path.

Advertisements