Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong History about Chiyou (Documentary)  (Read 6845 times)

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong History about Chiyou (Documentary)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »
stuff

Just let me know your opinion of the two books when you finished it. I'm not interest of your childhood.

Like this post: 0

Test your might!

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke ...    :2funny:

Per the fact that you, yourself, have made questionable statements/ :idiot2: solely rooted in your two books is and are very telling already of their limited info/ ::) (in your words, "regurgitation ... nothing new we all already know ....") ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Buying those two books will be a waste of money, but knowing and having sources to directly cite from towards and of an author's limitation and regurgitation is priceless  ...  kekeke ...   8)

Examp:
In one of the three glorified books of mine, the author claims that Hmong/Mong  (solely) originated in/from the Western Central plain of China -- Juanhua, and all its various names/pronunciation -- and went to great lengths to prove it by citing folklore, personal interviews, and even myths/fairy tales.  But what the author failed to acknowledge (and debunk),  is and are other works/researchers,  or more credible origin scholarships.  Needless to say, it was a very narrowminded one sided perspective that was not well received within the overall academic community.  That is a kind way of saying, "Pure/poor BS  ...".  ...  kekeke  ...   ???

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:55:02 PM by chidorix0x »

chidorix0x

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

dlabtsi_os ,
As suspected, your two books (in your own words), brings "  ...  nothing new  ...  and are just regurgitation  ..."  of what is already known by many/MOST intellects/researchers (including myself)  ..."  ...  KEKEKe  ...   >:D

In scouting your two books (with respect to readers' reviews, and internet feedbacks), they are essentially NOT worth buying, as they have very little to do with Hmong/Mong/Miao history (except for Ms Na Lee's book to a limited extent).  Constructing the Zhonghua Minzu is nothing more than a reimagining of Chinese nationalism; redefining China's perception of "nationalistic identify" more or less towards global adherence with respect to its array of ethnic diversity, cultures, states (autonomous provinces) and Chinese patriotism, at the forefront, in and/or moving into the 20th/21sth Century.  (The book is not even for sale.  It is a Poly-Sci or History College/Univ. book only from what I gathered.)  That is why it primarily focused on the 5 main more dominant/larger ethnicity you stated (of which Hmong/Mong and Miao is NONEXISTENT, or even uttered  --  you poser). 

As for " Dreams of the Hmong Kingdom  ... ", it is Ms Lee's analysis of Hmong/Mong filial and messianic constructs of political leadership/s during/throughout the Indochina era, and how it effected the politics, states, and outcomes of events etc. on all fronts:  Hmong/Mong (Laos), Vietnam, China etc..  Again, very little to do with definitive Hmong/Mong/Miao history as a whole, but worth the read for any Hmon/Mong enthusiast.  (I had some dialogue with Ms Lee many years ago after reading her graduate dissertation, "The 1000 Year Myth ..." ; which by the way is a very insightful paper to her credit, that even a Hmong (poser) regurgitated ( :idiot2:/ ::)) from it as if it was his own original work/research.  What a doofuss.  Needless to say, Ms Lee had different opinions regarding matters in question, and thus we ended our dialogue  ...   :2funny:  You'd think she would act more professional, but whatever,  ...  KEKEKE  ...   8))

MovKuam

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...    :2funny:/ ::)

Not totally 100% sure about Hui and Zang, but It is a known universal truth that first and foremost, Mong and/or Hmong, is and was never a documented nomenclature is any/all Chinese historical records, history, and documents ever written, or in any scholarships to my knowledge --  even at present.  That said, it a known universal truth that Miao is and has been exclusively the nomenclature of non-Chinese ethnic groups since Chinese antiquity.  That truth can be found,  cited,  and clearly documented in nearly any/all Chinese historical documents, regardless of who, or what ruler was in power throughout Chinese history, even up to the PROC, which is why Miao was used so predominantly.

Mong and/or Hmong is a SEAsian appellation/origination near the latter 20th Century, during GVP's era/reign.  This truth can be researched, clearly traced, and validated with worldly scholarships. Not hearsay, folklore, fairy tales, and wives rumorville.

Ha'HINT:
As an amateur researcher, for personal knowledge, I have studied and still studying  (that is continued research) Mong/Hmong (and Miao) history etc for the past 10+ years now; therfore I am pretty sure I have a clue,  or a lot of clues, as to what I am saying  (NOT your typical ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic HA'MUNG ha'ranting HA'MUNGINGLY ha'nonsense ) ...  kekeke ...   8)

Any/all claims that Mong/Hmong is an ethnic origination in and throughout Chinese history is pure nonsense.  (NOT the people, the nomenclature.) Even our Hmong kins in China (who avow being Miao), still there today, are clueless what Mong/Hmong is and are till we spoonfed them, just fairly recently around late 1980s.  This can be proven.

Lastly, most,  one can even argue, the newly incepted nomenclatures of Miao ethnicities of the 55 came into existence purely out of government public assistance programs starting around the late 20th century when China become more global and worldly to better its worldwide view/tolerance etc..  Again, this can be proven.  Ua tsaug  ...  KEKEKE ...   >:D

Right on bro, prior to the late 20th century all people in China are claimed to be Han or dead will come to their door steps.

Advertisements