Advertisement

Author Topic: I drifted the s2k  (Read 1225 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I drifted the s2k
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
tokyo drift here I come!

Anyways... I turned a corner really tight with some speed and I got on the gas to "pull it through"... like how I normally do in my teggie.

Nope!  It just makes the back slide out.  I corrected and was on my way.

But!  It was only like a 2 feet slide probably. 

Then I was like "man, I can't drive it like my teggie".

And I don't think I will, it's kinda scary.  Untill I have some practice.  But unfortunately I won't be practicing it. 

This past week, I've noticed if you cut it hard and fast and on the gas at the same time or get on the gas before it straightens out, the back will swing out on you. 

Where as the teggie, the way it's set up right now, it will just pull you through, just ride that gas pedal real hard. 

It happened twice... first time I was wondering what happened?  I had to swerve hard to miss a pot hole while doing a turn. 

I tried to figure it out in my head why it kinda "acted weird"...

Then another time, I had to beat a yellow arrow and then I figured it out.  Hard tight turn mixed with on throttle will make the back come out, even at just 30 mph. 

I know folks say fwd can't beat rwd but... right now... I think my fwd can beat my rwd becuase....  the rwd would love more speed if you don't want the back to come out.... and if you make it come out, well the sliding and correcting is going to take up time.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: I drifted the s2k
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:59:37 AM »
Did you perform mad gutter hooks as well?

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »

No....how do I know? Because he was racing me. I was ahead then suddenly he went on the side of me...turned off his lights until I didn't know where he was....then he flashed then back on again on the turn and overtook me! Darn you Poster! *Fast techno music with Japanese lyrics plays as Poster pasts Hitokiri with style*

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »
Liars.  Only mad gutter hook style wins at the togue.

Envy2

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 09:38:09 AM »

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 04:36:15 PM »
Now today... I actually did drift the s2k....

I mean.. it was... felt like I was driving on ice to say, kinda... a little bit scary I guess you could say...

Unintentionall y drifted that thing...

I will say... it's actually quite easy to get that thing into a drift.

I just finished washing my car... becuase every freaken day.. there's bird poo on my car so I have to constantly go wash it... about everyday... good thing it's just a dollar.  I would wash it as home but dang... you know how the apartment life is...

Anyways.... the car wash I go to.. there's medium traffic I guess you could say... 2 lanes going one way... a medium turning lane and another two lanes going the other way. 

I waited a while for all the traffic to clear.  There was this one car coming the way I was trying to go... but it was a bit far aways.. 

Anyways....  so basically I had to beat it... or else.. get stuck waiting in traffic agian ...plus!  I don't know how drivers are around here.. but dang I'm tired of getting honked at....

So anyways... I honestly don't know what happened... all I know was.. I think I was trying to drive it like my teggie..  with the teggie you can just get on the gas when you start the turn, when you're going through the turn, when you're correcting the turn to straighten the turn, honestly I feel like I can get on the gas at any time with the teggie and not worry about thing and it'll just pull you through...  so I'm not to sure what happened but I believe as I was giving the s2k some gas while turning and then still giving it some gas while trying to straighten it out.. and that thing started sliding... like I was on ice..

I remember thinking... "what the heck.. I keep giving this car gas and it won't accelerate out,  I feel no acceleration!  It feels like I'm driving on ice!"   I basically slided from the medium across the two lanes... I gave it more gas and it just keep sliding so I just got off the gas...I'm not sure what I did to get it to stop sliding and straighten out.. I think probably me letting off the gas..

And this was like a super slow mph drift...  I wasn't even out of first gear..   probably like 15-20 mph drift... 

So I will say.. the s2k is a very easily to get into a drift car...

And I will say... I really prefer the fwd's.....  Just my personal preference.. untill maybe I get use to all these unexpected drifts...  I like being able to get on the gas way early!!!!  and pull through... 

I feel I can't get on the gas early with the s2k... I basically have to watch my throttle and not give any gas untill the car is straightened out.    I'm not pro driver, I can't get the most out of this car. 

I can only assume on a low speed course, my teggie will beat my s2k.   I'll lose too much speed with the s2k with having to either drift through corner or having to super slow it down and then wait for it to straighten out meaning I'll have to wait for it to get in it's "torque" range before it starts pulling the car out... on the s2k 1-3k, the power is non existent...

Well thought I share!   DRiving this s2k is a learning experience.  Now steady low throttle power through corners, sweeps, etc.. or coasting through them... s2k has no issues... but powering through them!  I woundn't suggest myself trying those out! 

I'm not too use to all that drifting. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
You tried some mad gutter hooks but you lifted right?  RIGHT?  Heart of the togue!  Never lift.

Advertisements