Advertisement

Author Topic: Chinese and Hmong  (Read 1921 times)

bulbasaur

Chinese and Hmong
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:45:13 PM »
Because more than one person is confused....

There are similarities, but they are not the same.  Anyone telling you otherwise do not speak one or the other.  You can't just go into China with Hmong and expect to "get by." 

Learning Chinese is not necessarily easier if you already know Hmong.  It's definitely not "instant."  Hmong is a tonal language, so the transition may not be as hard as English to Chinese, but that is all a personal preference.  You still have to learn it and figure it out. 

When people say Chinese, they most likely mean Mandarin.  There are other dialects, accents, etc. 

Taiwan does not have 200 million people.

Cantonese is popularly spoken in Hong Kong. 

Taiwan refers to Mandarin as "Chinese."  "Taiwanese" is commonly a reference to another language. 

Mandarin has 4 tones.  Some will count the neutral tone as the 5th, but that's a bit stretching considering how it is used.  Some people here are claiming 7 or 8 tones.  I have no idea where those numbers are coming from. 

When you name call other people, that makes you the troll; not the other way around.   :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Chinese and Hmong
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
84.7% of statistics are made up right on the spot.

But still, as statistic studies on Asian people to learn other Asian languages, it takes a different Asian ethnic to learn another ethnic language in about 2 weeks, a month, or 2 months. If you are a white guy, it would take them 3 to 4 years to understand the language. But if you are Asian, it would be very easy. It's like Spanish vs. Portuguese vs. French.

chidorix0x

Re: Chinese and Hmong
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

DUHafterLies ( :idiot2:/ ::)), Hmong/Mong do not speak Old Chinese and/or Middle Chinese whatsoever.  Period.  (Where ever you got that ha'NONSENSE ha'is ha'hilarious ha'doofuss ( :idiot2:).)  As a matter of fact, take for example, most/ALL you DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'clueless ha'ignorant ha'idiotic Ha'Mung ha'ranting ha'incessantly, most/ALL of you DO NOT speak Hmong or Middle Hmong period.  Why?  Because most/ALL you DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'speakerings DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'lewd-garbage  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

It goes without saying that Hmong/Mong did borrow some words (less than a dozen arguably that sounds like Chinese in origin) pretty much like how we have borrowed Lao, Thai, and English words into Hmong volcabulary that never existed such as lub fais, nyob hoom, fawm, pais, qab noom, foos, Mis Dav Naum etc..  But does that mean Hmong, or you or anybody, can speak Chinese, Lao, Thai, and English actively/fluently.  Whatever, all you DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idiotic ha'nincompOOps ...  kekeke  ...   ::)

Pretty sure my reading, writing, and spoken Hmong (possibly English as well) is likely on a more intellectual level than most/ALL of you DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'iditoic ha'doofuss so it goes without saying.  At present I am trying to teach and learn Chinese Mandarin on my own  -- self-taught with all the readily available resources out there: videos, books, audio, forums etc..  It is not easy, or any easier, than learning another foreign language.  As a matter of fact, I would argue it is much harder than learning Spanish, French, or even German.  Why?  Obviously DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'clueless ha'ignorant ha'idiotic ha'nincompOOps ha'are ha'DOLTs so there is not point explaining  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Advertisements