Advertisement

Author Topic: Have you really fired someone?  (Read 1241 times)

Gen. Invincible

Have you really fired someone?
« on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:32 AM »
For those of you who are business owners or managers/supervisors have you ever had to fire someone and how and when did you choose to do so....someone elses dirty work or your own?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Re: Have you really fired someone?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »
Yes. That is the least favorite part of the job. However, most people quit on their own when they know the job isn't for them.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
For those of you who are business owners or managers/supervisors have you ever had to fire someone and how and when did you choose to do so....someone elses dirty work or your own?
I knew a crazy lady who acted super nice and friendly.  Smiles all the time until she got the job as boss.  Then her true self came out.  She enjoyed firing people and did it just for fun.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »
Remembered when I first started.  I have a small team about 10.  My first week there, the boss already asked me to jump for promotion.  I did not understood why at the time but now I do.  He was trying to get rid of one guy for always going to work late.  I declined cuz I was still in training.  Eventually that guy got fired n they got him a replacement.  He then fired all the sweetest people for stupid reason.  Like one lady just gave birth and requesting some baby bonding time.  Another lady was let go cuz she an old soldier there plus the problem was not on her shift.  She just happens to cover such shift doing ot work. 

Months later, that same boss got canned.  Soon after, the senior manager that fired him got fired. 

So now, I become an old soldier with seniority by default and life is good. 

The law of karma. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:41:26 PM »
You guys know I'm not married right? 

Well everyone here knows that I am n with 3 kids.  Why did I do this?

Well when I call in sick, I will use the excuse of having to take my son to the doctor excuse. 

When you have a family, you will have plenty if valid excuses. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
be like Trump...'you're fired!'

actually, firing someone takes more of a process than hiring.  employers needs to show reasoning behind the firing, often time written documentations (notes of verbal warnings, written warning with signed acknowledgemen ts) are required...thi s is to protect the employer from false allegations and lawsuits. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements