Advertisement

Author Topic: Keeping It Rail...  (Read 2122 times)

bulbasaur

Keeping It Rail...
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
An on-going list of my favorite (and not so favorite) rail shooter games...

1. Time Crisis 2

I actually can't remember the first arcade shooter I played, but this has got to be one of them.  The co-op was just so much fun. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Keeping It Rail...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:02:02 AM »
2. Duck Hunt

Nintendo has always been into this "virtual motion controls."  In any case, I thought this was so awesome as a kid.  I didn't own, my I loved to play it at my cousin's house.  Does this count as a "rail shooter"

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »
3. Area 51

Who doesn't like shooting up a bunch of aliens?  I remember playing this one in gas stations during an East coast road trip, but that's a story for another day.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »
4. Dark Escape 4D

Let's do something more modern, Dark Escape 4D. 

Arcades still exists, but they are just rare.  For the most part, the modern arcade hosts party games.  There are some retro cabinets and a couple of fighting game stations, but those are more on the side these days. 

I don't really game anymore, but I still like to stroll through the arcades whenever I see one.  I like to check out what the kids are playing today.  When I have time, I play a few games.  It's nostalgic. 

One day in an arcade, I see Dark Escape 4D.  I was curious, so I gave it a try.  Surprising, it was a lot of fun.  3D glasses if you want to play in 3D.  Vibrating seat.  Fans and a cooling system.  It even has a heartrate monitor to show how scared you are.  I like the game, but it is really hard (or maybe I am just bad).   Give it a try if you  haven't.

Advertisements