Advertisement

Author Topic: The One Ring Suspect  (Read 3997 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

The One Ring Suspect
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »
Here's a Hmong story that I myself made up for you folks to read and enjoy. Note that everything in this story is that of fiction and not base on any true story of any kind. I just happen to mix some of story here to some other to create something new for the audience. Anyways read, enjoy and feel free to comment if you like it or not. This story is quite long with multiple chapters so if you won't be able to read it online for this long just copy and paste it to Microsoft Word or something and print it from there to read it offline.

Title: The One Ring Suspect

Author: fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Chapter 1: An Unsuspecting Visit

Once upon a time in Chiang Rai, Thailand lives a family of four. The family of a single father and mother only had two children, a daughter and a son. The daughter, a young 16-year old Ka Blia Xiong who was a teenage nanny working at a CR daycare center. The son, a teenage school boy name Lia Xiong working to finish his high school diploma so to advance to college. One day a relative of the family from the United States of America came to visit and long with him was a nice wealthy young man name Chong Yang. Chong Yang is a 21-year college graduate who came to Thailand to seek his one fiancé, upon arrival it seems that Ka Blia’s attractive beauty had caught the interest of Mr. Yang. The two then bonded and eventually fall in love; however, Mr. Yang’s visit was short as he was only there for a mere two weeks. Before he left Thailand though, he bought a gold diamond ring as an engagement gift to Ka Blia. Chong Yang says that in 2 years from now he will come back for her, wed her and eventually sponsor her to come to the land of opportunity to live with him. Ka Blia says to Chong, it’s a promise then, I will be here waiting for you.

Chapter 2: Another Work Day at the Daycare Center

After the guest from USA left, Ka Blia returns to work back at the Daycare Center for which she was an assistant at. She hold onto the golden engagement ring to which Chong gave her and always tend to gaze back at it from time to time while at work. Fortunately for Ka Blia, she was more focus on her engagement ring at work than the children she was suppose to care for. On one faithful rainy day, Ka Blia was responsible to feeding 12 young children who were under her care. The children range from 3-5 years of age. She was to feed each children noodle soup and pot chicken with rice. Unfortunately for Ka Blia, she was stressful, hungry, and was too focus on the engagement ring so instead of feeding the 12 hungry children that she was suppose, she ate the entire noodle soup and pot chicken with all the rice. She did end up giving some a few leftover but the children don’t seem to be satisfied. On and on as she continue to do her daycare work, more and more children were left starving, some even went to beg her for a taste to which she refused. She even forces some of them to eat dirt or dust if they are hungry or for them to swallow their own saliva.

Chapter 3: Ka Blia’s First Victim

This act of cruelness was not reported to the Daycare staff or any outside source cause Ka Blia threaten to harm them children had they open their mouth about what she done to them. Eventually though one little girl, Mei Sheng did finally had the courage to tell her parents about Ka Blia and her awful service. Fortunately her parents did not think much about the little girl’s testimony as they thought it was just another minor complaint so the testimony did not get reported to authority or the Daycare staffs. When Mei Sheng was brought back to the Daycare Center, her parents tell Ka Blia that their daughter thought her service was not good to which she laugh. The parents pretty much thought it was a minor complaint and that Ka Blia shouldn’t think much about it. They then left Mei Sheng back at Ka Blia’s care along with the other 11 eleven children.
Because Mei Sheng testify of Ka Blia’s awful service, Ka Blia seems very concern and in her mind very bother of what the other children may had done had all of them testify against her. To prevent them from testifying against her in the future, she devise a plan that would get her off the hook without any witness and that plan starts with Mei Sheng. Ka Blia now had her focus on Mei Sheng that it seems she finally had a change of heart. Since Mei Sheng knew about Ka Blia’s awful service, she decided that her parents made her lunch instead of gobbling that Ka Blia made at the Daycare Center. Mei Sheng’s act of suspiciousness and her way of going against Ka Blia made her a bit angry but still want to pretend to be her friend. One sunny day Ka Blia actually cooks a fried fish covered in pepper and soy sauce as an apology to Mei Sheng. Unknown to Mei Sheng though, the drink that came with fish meal was mix with poisonous detergent. Though Mei Sheng accepts the fish meal, she did not drink the awfully carbonated drink thus disappointing Ka Blia.

Then later that day, Ka Blia had another plan of her sleeves. She thought back of how Mei Sheng’s parents now pack her lunch for her instead of her eating at the Daycare, Ka Blia now devise a new plan to rid of Mei Sheng. On the day when Mei Sheng was brought back to the Daycare, Ka Blia asks her what lunch her parents had made for her. Because Mei Sheng no longer thought suspicious of Ka Blia due to her change attitude she answers her with truthful response. That response had just open death’s door to Mei Sheng. Now that Ka Blia knew what kind of lunch Mei Sheng has pack, she eventually went out to buy a similar lunch that day on her break. Mei Sheng responded that she is having Shrimp soup with rice for lunch. Ka Blia eventually went out to buy her a similar lunch, then contaminate that lunch with hazardous chemical and later that day replaced that same lunch with the ones Mei Sheng had.

At lunch time, Ka Blia eventually made lunch again this time inviting all the children to eat together with her this time with Mei Sheng eating her own lunch unaware that the same lunch her parents made for her has been replaced by Ka Blia. Mei Sheng then ate the lunch and eventually fell sick moments later. Pretending to be worried, Ka Blia called emergency service and had Mei Sheng taken to a nearby hospital where she died five hours later. Her parents were immediately notified and an autopsy was tested on Mei Sheng’s body. A few days later, the autopsy results came back that Mei Sheng died of food contamination. The blame was pointed to Ka Blia as she was there at the time when Mei Sheng was under her care but Ka Blia had an alibi in that it’s true she was there at the time Mei Sheng was under her care but the lunch she prepares for the children was not from her but Mei Sheng’s parents. Because of this false testimony, the blame then shifted towards Mei Sheng’s parents and both were charged with murder and were then sent to prison for the crime of poisoning their daughter.

Chapter 4: More Testimonies

Fortunately Mei Sheng’s parents were able to obtain a lawyer to help them in court to prove their innocence but with the evidence leading back to them, it seems that all hope is lost. That is until their lawyer; Vichai Yang went on to interview one of the children. The boy he interview then gave him one hint about Ka Blia and her whereabouts on the day of Mei Sheng’s death. The boy says then he remember Ka Blia leaving the Daycare Center during one of her break hour to which she had never done before on that day hours before Mei Sheng’s death. Vichai jot down notes and continue to gather more information about Ka Blia and where she had gone hours before she made lunch to the children on that day. Because the trial is on-going, Ka Blia is now under surveillance and she is not allowed to go back to work at the Daycare Center anymore until the trial is over. The boy to which testify about her whereabout was also kept anonymous as to protect his identity from Ka Blia if she was in fact the culprit who murdered Mei Sheng.
After two months of gathering information, a woman finally came forward saying she saw Ka Blia entering a bakery store in Chiang Rai on the same day that Mei Sheng passed away. Vichai finally went there to that same bakery store so to interview the store owner there. The store owner there says that Ka Blia did in fact came to his store but she did not buy much items there, only Shrimp soup with some rice. That piece of information finally adds up. It was also known that the same chemical substance that poison young Mei Sheng was also found at the same Daycare Center to which Ka Blia work at as both Mei Sheng’s parents are not familiar with that kind of hazardous chemical and was not found at their home. With all these evidence now coming forward, Ka Blia was eventually convicted and arrested.

Chapter 5: The Arrest and Release of Ka Blia

With Ka Blia finally arrested, both of Mei Sheng’s parents were released and later gave their daughter Mei Sheng a proper burial. Though Ka Blia was sent to prison, her stay there wasn’t long as she was released a mere 15 months after she was incarcerated for her crime due to good behavior. Believing that the young teen has change, the Daycare for which she previously work took her back so she could return to work. This proves to be a big mistake on the Daycare Center part. Ka Blia did return to work but the more she works with the children, the more it reminds her of the previous incident. Ka Blia then had her next focus on a young boy name Vong Sai. Like Mei Sheng, Vong Sai doesn’t like seem to be comfortable under Ka Blia’s care as he witness her action to be suspicious as she was never around when the children are playing outside and she ignore safety procedure such as leaving the stove fire on even when not cooking meals for the kids.

When Mei Sheng’s parents heard the news that Ka Blia was released from prison and return back to work at the Daycare Center again, they immediately call the Daycare to warn them of her previous deeds but the Daycare staff ignore the warning only replying that she has change and is no longer a threat to the children. Because the Daycare is on her side now, Ka Blia uses this opportunity to take advantage of the consequences there at the Daycare. One day, Ka Blia met with Vong Sai and told him why he always gave her a sad look; Vong Sai did not give a straight answer only making hand gesture that he doesn’t want to talk to her. Feeling rejected, Ka Blia look back at the ring to which her fiancée gave her thinking it won’t be long until he came back for her.

Chapter 6: The Secret of Mei Sheng

With the ring still in her possession, Ka Blia went on with her day that is until she walks her way home from work that evening. While on her way home after a rough day at work, Ka Blia heard the laughter of a little girl nearby, she thought it may had been just some girls playing hide and seek somewhere so she ignore but as she walk away the laughter grew louder and closer. Ka Blia continues to ignore the laughter that is until it reveals a name; it calls directly to Ka Blia. Upon hearing her name shout, Ka Blia was immediately shock and began to run. She continues running until she finally reaches her home where the voice finally stopped.

The next day when she returns to work, Vong Sai came to her and wishes to give her something. Ka Blia said she wants nothing from the boy but Vong Sai make a gesture saying he believe this something could be of interest to her. It’s a copy of that day’s Thai newspaper, the Chiang Rai Times. In that newspaper, news report that a flight from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA has crash somewhere in Laos while on its way to Thailand. It was revealed that one of the victims of the crash is a young man by the name of Chong Yang. Upon realizing this, Ka Blia started to get worried and immediately cancelled her work that day to return home and had a chat with her parents instead. She wants to ask them if they knew Chong Yang’s contact information and her mother answer saying of course she remember. Ka Blia’s parents then gave her Chong Yang’s contact number and she finally made the call to Chong Yang. She made the call twice and both failed but on the third tries, he finally pick up.

Ka Blia says, “Chong are you alright?” to which Chong answer Yes dear I am okay. Then Chong says “What is wrong, anything the matter?” Ka Blia then said oh thank goodness you are okay, I was beginning to think that you were on the flight to Thailand that your plane crash and you were killed in the destruction. Chong Yang then said “Oh you believe that.” Chong then said, don’t worry dear I am in a better place now but still had my engagement ring right? Ka Blia answer yes I still have it and will never take it off until the day you and I were together again. Chong then answer, don’t worry my love we will be together soon, just promise me you won’t take that ring off no matter what. Ka Blia says, “I promised!” Then in a surprise twist of thing, Chong then says good and then reply to Ka Blia, “There’s someone here who would like to talk to you, I believe she may know you.” Ka Blia reply, “Who is she and how will I know her?” Chong then said, “Oh wait a minute, I’ll get her for you, she said she want to talk to you all day.”

Chong then left and Ka Blia holds up the line waiting to see who that person was. Immediately Chong return and tell Ka Blia here she is the person then hold up the phone line and says do you know who I am. Ka Blia then says, “I don’t know who you are or how you know me but what do you want?” The person then reply, “I want you.” Ka Blia then answer, Say what, what do you mean you want me, who are you?” The voice answer again, “You should already know who I am, I am the little girl you sent to hell. My name is Mei Sheng. You took away my life, well he is with me now and soon you will join us too.” When Ka Blia heard of this, she got scared, immediately ended the call and dropped the phone on the floor breaking it. She was so afraid she can’t even walk straight now.

Chapter 7: Calls from the Other Side

Several weeks later after Ka Blia got the calls, she feel puzzle, cold, and mental as if her blood had stopped or something but no pain left in her. She can’t eat, can’t sleep and this action cause her to lose her job at the Daycare Center. She then look back at the one ring that was previously given to her and puzzle as to why it’s still on her finger since the one she love is gone now. Ka Blia then wanted to take it out so to get rid of it as it holds no importance to her anymore. She then attempts to take it off her finger but to no avail she couldn’t take it off. It seem as though the ring has become a part of her or something. Later that night, the phone started ringing again. To Ka Blia that seem very strange as previously to her knowledge the phone was recently broke apart but somehow this time it was able to ring even when broken. Well no need to waste a good call so Ka Blia answer the call again, it’s Chong on the phone again. Ka Blia answered and says, “Who is this?” Chong answer and says hey dear, “Why are you trying to break our promise?” Ka Blia answered and says, “Well you have found someone else now so you and I are through. You are in another place and me I’m still over here so we can’t be together and therefore our engagement is not valid anymore.” Chong then answered, “But dear you will be with me soon and your friend here will come get you to be with us also.” Ka Blia then answered, “Sorry Chong but I could only be with someone who’s alive and to me right now, you’re not alive.” Chong then finally answered, “What dear, you did not know? You are dead now; ever wonder why the phone rings even though you already broke it? Face it you are dead and now we will come to get you.

Chapter 8: The Final Peace

Upon hearing that Ka Blia couldn’t believe what she had just heard from Chong. “This can’t be,” says Ka Blia. How am I dead and not know it? Eventually all her surrounding began to fade into darkness and soon Ka Blia started to cry. Every image of her home, her families, and her possession turn to darkness. Ka Blia was so afraid she eventually put both her hands in front of her face hiding it from the darkness that took place. Before she could reveal her face again she then saw a glimpse imagery of a little girl clad in white dress. The little girl introduced herself, I am Mei Sheng and today I had come for you. You took my life away and in return I took away your fiancée’s life as I couldn’t take yours, both of us are guilty of the same crime so I was told by the Father to come and take you back. Both of us are in judgment now so we both must walk the stairs to the Gates of Hell together and face our punishment. Ka Blia and Mei Sheng then both walk down the stairs and immediately came to a dark demonic door, before they could open the door to their eternal punishment, both decided to take that one last moment to say their peace before the Judgment began. Ka Blia wished she was never the person who she was when alive and because of that she not only lost job but her one chance to live life and start a family. Not only that but she became the very thing she will become when suffer in hell. Mei Sheng said she is sorry too as a little girl she should had taken Ka Blia seriously and should had never refuse to go against her work as a guardian at the Daycare, she should had accept her meal and cheer her up to prevent her from being stressful. After the two girls say their peace, the Gate to Hell began to open and both slowly hold onto each other’s hands and walk into the mysterious beyond.

Chapter 9: The Aftermath

While Ka Blia and Mei Sheng are awaiting Judgment in the afterlife, their bodies are now dissolving in the real world. Unable to revive Ka Blia from her coma, Ka Blia’s parents hired a Hmong shaman to do a ritual on her to see if they could find answer to her fainting. A Hmong Shaman finally came through and in doing so the Shaman was able to enter the Gate of Hell to meet with the deciders there. Upon his arrival, the deciders hold him off saying he is not allowed to interfere with the Judgment. The Shaman then replied that he is here for a reason and that reason is the spirit of the person who he came here for was not truly dead, she just so happen to collapse in a coma and whatever spirit took her here had broken the law of life. No dead spirit is allowed to take the life of the living unless they had a valid reason. Ka Blia then answered the Shaman and said she believe that she had a reason as to why she was here as she had commit the biggest sin when alive; however, she believe that young Mei Sheng shouldn’t be here as her life was taken away from her. Ka Blia then say if you are here to take someone back, then it’s best you come and take back Mei Sheng cause she is the only person who shouldn’t be here in the first place. Ka Blia apologize to Mei Sheng for what she did to her in life, now she want to repay her debt in death so that Mei Sheng could return to live a normal life she never had.

The Shaman then answer, that’s good and all but Mei Sheng’s body has already being bury and dissolve, she can’t return back to it. Ka Blia then say, “Take her to my body, from now on she will live the life that I leave behind. The deciders then turn their attention to Mei Sheng, so child what do you think, you are given two choices, stay here and face judgment or return back and relieve yourself from the sins of death. Mei Sheng couldn’t decide but Ka Blia came to her and insisted that Mei Sheng go back, Ka Blia then told her my fiancée is waiting for me here so I am here now. Your journey is not the end yet so you must go back to the living and continue life so that you won’t end up back at this place. Promise me you will take good care of my family. Mei Sheng cried and promised Ka Blia she will do her best to live life as she wants it. The Shaman then said okay if everyone is happy now then I’m taking the child back. Mei Sheng end up going back with the Shaman and was able to return to the world of the living but this time inside Ka Blia’s body. Upon their return, the Shaman attempts to explain the situation to Ka Blia’s family but they refuse to believe the abnormal and just glad that their daughter is awake again. Because Ka Blia is facing Judgment now, Mei Sheng decided to go back and continue life where Ka Blia left off and that is to work at the Daycare Center again. She also noticed that the one ring to which was previously attach on Ka Blia’s hands is now gone proving that Ka Blia may had took that ring with her so she could be with her fiancée in the eternal world. Because Mei Sheng is in Ka Blia’s body now, the Shaman warn her of several rules, because in life Ka Blia’s name was never recorded as deceased, Mei Sheng will have to lived her life as Ka Blia now but she could use her original name as a nickname or alias if she wants and she can’t use both in the same name though meaning if she used Mei then she can’t use Sheng along with it.

Chapter 10: A New Life

Several years after the ritual, Mei Sheng as Ka Blia has met a young man from USA known as Chue Xiong, they immediately fall in love, got married, moved to the USA and eventually had two daughters. Mei Sheng as Ka Blia named the two daughters after her, the oldest named Mei and the youngest named Sheng. From that day onward, Mei Sheng herself was still sad by the fact that she is now living a life which she was not prepare for. Then a few years later, Mei Sheng as Ka Blia noticed that her original family from Chiang Rai Thailand had move to the USA, even though she wants to reunite with them she decided that it’s best they not meet. Later that year in the summer, the same Shaman that once perform the ritual of Ka Blia came to visit Mei Sheng even calling her by her real name said that she should not feel shame as this life is her punishment and repentance as well for taking revenge on the person who she could had just let go. The Shaman also had her son there to say hello as well, he introduced to Mei Sheng his son Vong Sai. He told her that like her, Vong Sai too was also there at the time Ka Blia work her last shift at the Daycare Center in Chiang Rai too. Vong Sai said to Mei Sheng in gesture that even though you are not like her, in the end you are her. So be glad life gave you another chance. Mei Sheng don’t know what Vong Sai meant by that but she will cherish the life she has now and hopefully someday she could repay back the life she took from both Ka Blia and Chong.

THE END

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:57:47 PM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements