Advertisement

Author Topic: Slow K20 project. Advice and suggestion welcome  (Read 1169 times)

iHmongFatBoy

Slow K20 project. Advice and suggestion welcome
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »
A very slow progress of my build. I havent order anything yet but just alot of research. Always wanted a k series in my hatch.

d16

bought this wreck type s off from a friend for $1200 with 150k. plan to just take out motor, tran, ecu, shift box, shift cables, engine harness, and charge harness. I dont care about the body. was in a passenger side front end accident. 

buying kpro, motor mount, 32 mm axle, ktuned fuel system, idk what brand of clutch i want yet any suggestion. this will be just daily drive. its a hobby so money dont matter.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Slow K20 project. Advice and suggestion welcome
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:09:17 PM »
For DD, I'd just get Exedy... at least you know it's what honda uses!

Or back when I was like... modding honda's.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

iHmongFatBoy

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:35:18 AM »
For DD, I'd just get Exedy... at least you know it's what honda uses!

Or back when I was like... modding honda's.

most likely considering exedy brand. i have exedy in my d16 and still grab good if i vtec sometime haha

Sleipnir

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »
For a clutch, since you're not piling on tons of mods to put out tons of HP to the wheels...  and using it as a daily driver....  I would go with an ACT heavy duty pressure plate with a street sprung disc.

Since you are using it as a daily driver, I would go with this step up personally because I wouldn't want the 2 to 3 times clutch pedal pressure if you don't need to (like you're generating over 400 hp and ft/lbs of torque).  With this pressure plate, you might see under 1.5X the pressure on the clutch pedal and not be very noticeable compared to a stock pressure plate.

I would go with a street sprung disc which is pretty heavy duty for street driving/racing.  It will not be an off/on switch like a pucked disc....  Trust me, if you don't want to break tons of driveline parts, get a street disc that is much more forgiving on you and the driveline.  This clutch combo will hold far better than the stock one and have the forgiveness/daily drivability of a stock set-up.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/ar1-hdss

yuknowthat

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:42:50 PM »
With a kseries swap in a eg. For me I'll start with these since the motor is already strong and good enough for me to start with.

Act clutch with toda or fidanza light weight flywheel.
Driveshaft shop axles
Full size aluminum radiator with duel fans(gotta keep that engine cool)
Good full suspension(there's a couple good leading brands out there)

and some good sticky tires..

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 04:08:50 PM »
To be truthful if you're using this as a daily driver with any HUGE horsepower mods I would stick to stock. Why not? A stock clutch is usually able to handle bolt on horsepower and you don't have to worry about feel or anything. Plus it might be cheaper as well.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »
Like I said, exedy one step up from stock.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »
If it is a DD I'd go stock. 

Advertisements