Advertisement

Author Topic: The 2016 porshe boxter....  (Read 11741 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
The 2016 porshe boxter....
« on: March 18, 2016, 01:11:52 AM »
You know... I saw one at an auto show... they are actually really nice looking...

Didn't get to see the inside as it was tinted.. but yeah, I definately would own one.

They look so much nicer in my opinion than the old ones.

I remember walking around it and was wondering what kinda porshe it was... and surprised when I looked at the back and it said boxter.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: The 2016 porshe boxter....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:15:45 AM »
As I've said in the past, never really like Porche's designs and since that's also a vert, it makes it even worst for me...

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 04:45:38 PM »
As I've said in the past, never really like Porche's designs and since that's also a vert, it makes it even worst for me...

I'm the opposite of you. I have always loved Porsche's design and engine concept and what's even better is that they back it up in motorsports. Lightweight with a minimal amount of horsepower - Porsche is more about feel and making everything work together then pure horsepower and speed. Balance...yes. ..that's the word I'm looking for thus why the engine is the middle of the car.

I'll never forget the time I was following a Porsche and we were getting on the highway going down a very steep hill. At that time I had my supercharged Ford Focus and that Porsche Boxster pulled down the hill away from me like it was even trying. It was mind blowing to say the least.

Rumors are that Porsche might going the Subaru route and go with a 4 cylinder boxster motor in the future with a turbocharger. If that happens it'll be interesting.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 05:09:08 PM »
Probably in a few years when this body style boxter is a bit more affordable I'll definitely pick up a used one...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:48 PM »
I have the coupe version.  They are coming out this summer with turbo flat-4.   Love my flat-6 though, not gonna trade it in.

Like this post: +1
I made you read this.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
The Boxster I saw

Here's some other one's... a P1, Aventator, GTR etc etc etc...

And of course!  My teggie... dang I miss it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »

FetishDream

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »
Back in the days, those low ballers are the ones that drives them boxster.  Like people who drives a C class base model merz.  They like that taste of fancy stuff but their wallet is barely there so they can afford the cheapest of such line. 

With exception is that your boxster is a commuter car while your 9-11 turbo is sitting in the garage at home and is a weekend date car.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
I think the boxster nowadays is not really looked down upon anymore...

I remember back in the day yeah, I saw it as a car that it's for those low balling folks taht wanted a porshe but couldn't afford a real expensive one..

But the way the boxster's look now.. even the base looks nice, and it looks pretty balling.

Hitokiri

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »
Back in the days, those low ballers are the ones that drives them boxster.  Like people who drives a C class base model merz. 

LOL...

This statement is so wrong I don't even know what do with it. I would agree with your statement on C-class Benz but not the Porsche. When it comes to Porsche there is no such thing as classes or "lower ballers".

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »
the boxster/cayman aren't cheap so I'm not really sure where lowballing comes from.  Sure you could get the cheaper base model if you didn't want any options.  They range from 55k to over $100k.  Mine is 85k.  Middle of the road but it totally worth it and I prefer it over the 911 or gtr.

I made you read this.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 01:32:59 AM »
The Boxster I saw

Nope, the bug eye Porsche still doesn't do it for me...Never really like that look from way back....

Kind of like the $2 million Veyron, just don't like the design so don't care how much it cost...

Speaking of from way back,

I much preferred the lower cost 944 over the more expensive 928 or much more expensive 911:

944:

928:

911:

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 01:44:02 AM »
For the same money (starting at low 50 grand to 60 grand) for models like the Boxster, Cayman, Macan....I rather get a Lexus or BMW for the same money...It's just a difference of opinions/preference...Didn't mentioned Mercedez because I'm not a big fan of their designs either and from way back too, mostly because of the way the headlights are designed...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 02:37:17 AM »
Boxter, the poor man's Porsche.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline darkhelmet