Advertisement

Author Topic: Shooting three people for not speaking English VS Stabbing one person for  (Read 8342 times)

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
self-defense. Your thoughts when you compare these two cases?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
If what it's written is true, it's pretty unfair imo...

I think for court cases like these, the justice system should come up with way a way where the jurors of peers equally divided and the judge be of a different race than the victim and the person on trial. Or The judge and jurors should be a different race altogether from the victim and person on trial for the crime...I think they'll be less bias with this system...

HUNG TU LO

I would have to say the judge set the bail so high on Dylan because of the circumstances that led to the stabbing. The situation starts on Facebook postings and escalates from there with Dylan and the other party taunting and encouraging to meet up and settle it. I'm sure Dylan said something along the lines of "Come over to my house and I'll duck you up." I'm sure the victim said the same thing along the lines of "I'm going to come over and duck you up!" Let's not pretend as if everyone involved in the situation was calm and mature. Calm and mature people don't meet up face-to-face to fight over Facebook postings.

The judge has to set an example that these kinds of situation involving young people fighting and dying over social media is not ok. Say what you will, but there is more to the situation than what you and I know. It only took the jury 3 hours to come to a decision. It was guilty, by the way. I bet if you and I were on the jury and we saw all of the evidence presented, it would become more clear.

Go ahead and throw the race card and be ignorant, though. It's what I expect from Hmong people nowadays seeing how we are becoming low-lives just like n....g.....as.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Apples to oranges.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Self-defense can't be use here.

But as far as the bail goes, I think it should've been roughly the same.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
I would have to say the judge set the bail so high on Dylan because of the circumstances that led to the stabbing. The situation starts on Facebook postings and escalates from there with Dylan and the other party taunting and encouraging to meet up and settle it. I'm sure Dylan said something along the lines of "Come over to my house and I'll duck you up." I'm sure the victim said the same thing along the lines of "I'm going to come over and duck you up!" Let's not pretend as if everyone involved in the situation was calm and mature. Calm and mature people don't meet up face-to-face to fight over Facebook postings.

The judge has to set an example that these kinds of situation involving young people fighting and dying over social media is not ok. Say what you will, but there is more to the situation than what you and I know. It only took the jury 3 hours to come to a decision. It was guilty, by the way. I bet if you and I were on the jury and we saw all of the evidence presented, it would become more clear.

Go ahead and throw the race card and be ignorant, though. It's what I expect from Hmong people nowadays seeing how we are becoming low-lives just like n....g.....as.

Let's throw the race card out the door... However, would you be 100% sure that if a Hmong man killed three white people and a white teen killed another Hmong teen, they would get the same treatment? I think race does play a role here... Wausau is full of racist whites. I've experienced it first hand on multiple times while visiting that place.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile

The only issue I might have with the punishment is if we WERE to compare apples to apples, would the punishment be similar? Take away everything and if the punishments skew one way or another, then we can start looking at what was behind it. Before that, we're just all assuming.

Advertisements