Advertisement

Author Topic: Engine ticks  (Read 1275 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Engine ticks
« on: March 20, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
Bought a brand new subaru.  After 1,000 miles, the engine starts to tick. I don't like it.  Is this normal for the new car? 

It sounds like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8Wouc8plA

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Engine ticks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »
They say the ticking noise is normal for boxer engines.  I dunno that's what the sales person was trying to pass on me when I was in the market for a newer 'fun' vehicle.  That's what other Subaru enthusiasts were trying to sell on me as well.  I hear heavy ticking from a non diesel engine and that to me is a ticking time bomb.

If you got a warranty take her in.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
They say the ticking noise is normal for boxer engines.  I dunno that's what the sales person was trying to pass on me when I was in the market for a newer 'fun' vehicle.  That's what other Subaru enthusiasts were trying to sell on me as well.  I hear heavy ticking from a non diesel engine and that to me is a ticking time bomb.

If you got a warranty take her in.

I have older subaru and they didn't tick (or at least not as much).  Also, the new subaru uses 0w20 engine oil.  not sure if this is the reason.

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
It's common noise for Subaru. Lucky you don't have the infamous piston slap rattle and that was suppose to be a common noise and a bullet proof motor.  ;D

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Blongforever

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
If its still under warrantee, I'd drive it like I stole it and see if that shit burst into flames instead of sitting back and worry about it.

Advertisements