Advertisement

Author Topic: hula hooping my way to my goals  (Read 3920 times)

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
hula hooping my way to my goals
« on: April 04, 2016, 01:46:43 PM »
I decided to start a weigh loss journal to help keep me focus on my goals. I am using a 2.5 lb hula hoop. Let's get started!

Like this post: +1
"Appreciation and self love are the most important tools that you could even nuture." ~Abraham Hicks~

Adverstisement

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: hula hooping my way to my goals
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
yahooooo! I have been doing 30 minutes of hula hoop every day since April 1st. Happy to say that I lost inches around my waist and about 5lbs. I also gone down one dress size. I just added yoga too. Love it!

Like this post: 0
"Appreciation and self love are the most important tools that you could even nuture." ~Abraham Hicks~

paj_tsw_qab

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
what about cutting back on unhealthy foods? that ought to help those inches come off too. when you control your food portions and add exercise to it, the payoff is excellent!

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
My husband and I don't eat too much unhealthy food. We eat mostly organic veggies and sometimes organic meats, no sodas, junk food, fast food, etc. So I don't really have to much of a problem when it comes down to food. The only thing I did was switched from eating jasmin rice to basmati rice mixed with quinoa.

paj_tsw_qab

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »
 O0 that's even better than what I expected! keep up with your exercises and work that waist and you will see the results you want in no time. you really have to stay committed and focused in order to accomplish it. it is hard in the beginning but with time and training yourself, it will be a piece of cake and the norm for you. update us will you?!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
Dang, hula hooping....  Wow...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
hula hoop is so much fun. Everyone should do it. Great workout too.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

zena

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »
Great job, miss-hmoob! 

I'm learning how to.  My two daughters are very good at it and my youngest has been trying to teach me to keep it going.  I can get it started but it doesn't last but like 3 seconds.

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »
It was hard to learn at the beginning for me too. Try using a weighted hula hoop, it will be easier for you. I had a hard time at the beginning using those cheap plastic ones. Keep trying, you will get it. Hula Hooping is great cardio workout and for the abs. I love it. So far so good. Wish I took before and after pics to show you guys but sadly I don't have before pic. Anyways, to give you an idea of how much weight I loss since April 1st. I went from dress size medium to x-small at old navy. haha.

Great job, miss-hmoob! 

I'm learning how to.  My two daughters are very good at it and my youngest has been trying to teach me to keep it going.  I can get it started but it doesn't last but like 3 seconds.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:48:08 AM by miss-hmoob »

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »
Updates: I am only 3 lbs away from my weight goal. Still need to continue to work on strengthening my core. I want a tone and muscular abs.

zena

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »
It was hard to learn at the beginning for me too. Try using a weighted hula hoop, it will be easier for you. I had a hard time at the beginning using those cheap plastic ones. Keep trying, you will get it. Hula Hooping is great cardio workout and for the abs. I love it. So far so good. Wish I took before and after pics to show you guys but sadly I don't have before pic. Anyways, to give you an idea of how much weight I loss since April 1st. I went from dress size medium to x-small at old navy. haha.

That's awesome you went down a dress size!  I currently wear x-small in Old Navy t-shirts.  I don't normally buy their dresses 'cause my chest is a little too big for them so they fit tight in that area.  I'll definitely take a look at a weighted hula hoop.  I need to get the hang of hula hooping first though with my daughter's cute flashing one (it lights up when spun) and see if this is actually something I'd invest in.  I once bought a nice jump rope as recommendation and rarely used it so trying to get out of that habit.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 01:15:22 PM »
Secret to abs:
20% work, 80% diet

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »
I eat pretty healthy. No sugar, sweets, junk food except for organic chips from costco. I can eat the whole bag by myself.

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
My 2.5 lbs hula hoop broke on me. So I had to take a couple days off from working out. Just got myself a new one, 3 lbs this time. I love doing hula hoop. I wish I can get everyone to do it.

I reached my targeted weight goal. Woohoo! Now I need to just maintain or go down a couple more lbs. Also my abs are starting to tone up.

Advertisements