Advertisement

Author Topic: Fraud Medicine...  (Read 4153 times)

TheAfterLife

Fraud Medicine...
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »
Why do Hmong people still do their fake medicine to con people? I heard many stories that some died for taking fake medicine since they would rather listen to a lie than a real doctor. Why is that?

Are Hmong people still afraid of the real doctors in the medical hospital?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Fraud Medicine...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »
I think it's more of ignorance. The average person don't really know about modern medicine. By this, I mean medically wise.

This is what mean. Here's an example that was brought up in a disscusion once. People would take medicine for an illnesses, headache, cold, etc. That person takes the recommended dosage and it made him/her better. So that person think that taking twice as much or in half the time between dosage thinking that it will work twice as fast and/or better.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »
Ignorant people on medicine deserves to die and serves them right.

They deserve to be educated.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 04:28:52 AM »
Most of the time, people choose when to be wrong.

zena

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:52:22 PM »
How about trust in your children.  They love you, they're educated here, and they should be the one to communicate with your doctor about the right meds for you.

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:12:48 AM »
Wow, some of you people need to calm down. 

1.  You don't need credentials to be knowledgeable in health care.  Mothers knew chicken soup was good for the flu.  Mothers knew greener vegetables were healthier.  The Chinese have used ginger for centuries to help reduce the risk of heart disease.  All these people knew these things were true long before some dude with a degree declared it true.  The list goes on and on.

2.  Having the FDA is better than not having one, but let's not pretend that only FDA drugs are safe and useful.  There are some drugs used overseas that are great, but they are stuck in FDA limbo.  Then, there are drugs that have been approved by the FDA, but they were later found harmful.  Looking at you Vioxx. 

3.  I don't like scammers and cheats, but at least these snake oil salesmen are not outright stealing from you.  You can still say no.  If anything, I feel bad for them because they have to do this to make a living.   That being said, some people actually believe in the benefits of what they are selling.  A lot of people are into herbal medicines, and there have been lots of good results from herbal medicines.  There is an entire branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine dedicated to herbal healthcare.  It won't cure cancer or fix a broken leg, but it might be a healthier lifestyle. 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:25:50 AM by bulbasaur »

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:23:37 AM »
And while I am on a rant about degrees and medicine, let me further vent my frustration about this....

If you have read some of my posts in the past, you would know that I do not always agree with the degree.  (That's my patented phrase BTW.  I would make a thread about it, but it will probably get deleted for emoticons).  A degree doesn't make a person right.  If you are in any business long enough, you will learn about the shady side of the business.  Healthcare is no different. 

There are some doctors who get bonuses for pushing certain drugs over others.  Some doctors even push drugs onto patients even if they don't really need it.  That is why if you are prescribed long-term medicine, you should ask if there are any other alternatives.  Heck, just outright ask if he or she or the clinic get any benefits from the manufacturer of the drug he just prescribed. 

Why do I bring this up?  Because you should make smart choices regardless of the degree.  Don't get me wrong, I like my doctors with certification, but that doesn't mean I won't seek a 2nd or 3rd opinion either.   

FetishDream

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
It is the placebo effect.  When a few enough people swear that such remedy works, it is a no brainer to give it a try and if it works, the pyramid chain keeps on getting longer and longer. 

Like chinese dry looking leafy medicine.  Smells like chit when cooked but I am so used to it but I will not use it for myself.  That dry stuff is a colony of bacteria living in there and you want to put that unknown stuff into your body? 

In cali, there is a thing called valley fever where these molds and spores are living in your old woods.  Get expose enough to that thing and you will inhale it in where it will then grows in your lungs.  I lost my loving aunt that way.  She loves to garden with old woods and does not smoke but she died of lung complication.  Molds and fungus were growing in her lungs.  Docs could not figure it out but only had I known.  It is only after the fact that I re-educated myself but by then, it was too late. 

I hope my story can help someone else out there.  If you see old woods that are turning brown like wooden fences, use masks to work around it or have it replace with new ones. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 01:59:51 PM »
*yawns*

Exactly what am I wrong on?  If anything, what you are saying makes no sense. I would break it down, but you never get it. 

You're wrong. That means an illegal doctor without a license CAN kill one of your siblings. Dude, by the governmental rules, you have to abide the law or else, you will face prison. A degree and a certify law to PROVE you are a doctor is already enough for the world to believe it. I know it's anal, but you have to. It's no wonder why educated people are SOOOOOO bigoted to uneducated people since America, as themselves, wouldn't let a voice for the uneducated to speak. If someone let the dumb to rule, you might as well go vote for Donald Trump.

chidorix0x

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic ha'edumacated ha'DOLTs Ha'Mung ha'ranting HA'MUNGINGLY ha'nonsense ha'incessantly ha'again  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Ha'HINT :
DUH-uh-Ha'edumacated duh-UH-ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic HA'MUNG Ha'DOLT ha'ranting ha'nonsense ha'incessantly CANNOT even spell " med " yet wants to ha'rant of/about medicine and medical ailments  ...  kekeke  ...   :idiot2:/ ::)

Advertisements