Advertisement

Author Topic: solo traveler looking to meet up with other travelers (abroad or domestically)  (Read 2704 times)

svang415

hi folks..i left the US rat race and have been traveling since December 2015..currentl y in Vietnam and will be in back in India on Saturday..if you're likeminded and are traveling abroad (or even domestically longterm) somewhere, lets connect and take it from there...future plans after India is back in the US for about week and a half or so then off to Europe for the summer..i don't pay attention much to this platform..so PM me for a direct response! cheers!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

svang415

wow!  even lottery jackpot winners don't get to travel/vacation as much as you do!

It's not like I'm telling you but you need a boyfriend to keep you in check.

I'm not mad, I'm just jealous!   :P :D ;D

I will be making a trip to the lake, let me know when you ready to go!   :-*

hahah...i'll plant my roots when i'm ready  O0

svang415

O0 O0

enjoy it while you can...great pix, on your trips!
Gracias !! :) :)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
hi folks..i left the US rat race and have been traveling since December 2015..currentl y in Vietnam and will be in back in India on Saturday..if you're likeminded and are traveling abroad (or even domestically longterm) somewhere, lets connect and take it from there...future plans after India is back in the US for about week and a half or so then off to Europe for the summer..i don't pay attention much to this platform..so PM me for a direct response! cheers!

Just be careful in India... those horny Indians luv to rape women.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

svang415

Just be careful in India... those horny Indians luv to rape women.

haha..thank you for telling me to be careful..but the rape thing in India..yes it does happen...(but it also happens everywhere). 

i spent January and February in India and had no problems.  then again maybe i met the right people.

things i do keep in mind though are that...

- when going out late at night (after 10 pm) don't go out alone
- if you are traveling alone in a train, get a seat where its open (or with curtains) with other travelers and not one where the doors can be closed because you might get stuck with all men and the door can be locked from the inside.
- don't get freaked out if somebody asks to take a picture with you....(you're like a hollywood star to them)
- don't get freaked out if men stare at you....they're just curious
- try not to draw too much attention to yourself and dress modestly when possible...don't pull out your gadgets and don't act like you're lost

most of these are common sense items anyways...so whether it be India, Thailand..what ever...I wouldn't be doing any of these things.

svang415

lol....ha ha so true!

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
haha..thank you for telling me to be careful..but the rape thing in India..yes it does happen...(but it also happens everywhere). 

i spent January and February in India and had no problems.  then again maybe i met the right people.

things i do keep in mind though are that...

- when going out late at night (after 10 pm) don't go out alone
- if you are traveling alone in a train, get a seat where its open (or with curtains) with other travelers and not one where the doors can be closed because you might get stuck with all men and the door can be locked from the inside.
- don't get freaked out if somebody asks to take a picture with you....(you're like a hollywood star to them)
- don't get freaked out if men stare at you....they're just curious
- try not to draw too much attention to yourself and dress modestly when possible...don't pull out your gadgets and don't act like you're lost

most of these are common sense items anyways...so whether it be India, Thailand..what ever...I wouldn't be doing any of these things.

Good that you're prepared... would not want to hear about another tourist being gang rape. Never trust your guide too... always have two to three people with you.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements