Advertisement

Author Topic: Beauty and the Beast - Live Action Retelling  (Read 4939 times)

zena

Re: Beauty and the Beast - Live Action Retelling
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
It was a really fun movie.  The CGI was great, the singing wasn't so bad and so was the acting.  It was well done.

I was a bit sad about them removing the most important part of the story where the beast tells Belle not to go to the west wing.  When she does enter the west wing and he catches her, he says: "Why did you come here?" and "I warned you never to come here."

When she replies, "I didn't mean any harm," he replies back with,

"Do you realize what you could have done?" and then with, "Get out!"

To me, I think that part made the story so I was a bit bummed about it, but overall, I enjoyed it.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:56:25 PM by moonangel »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:06:10 AM »
I fell asleep watching it...  ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:50:01 AM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 08:26:10 PM »
I never cared for this fairytale even before it became one of Disney's biggest animation hits.

It's so pretentious and filled with leftist hypocrisy.

Basically, two attractive people end up with each other and are king and queen. Really? How is that suppose to be a good moral lesson?

Did the beast really learn his lesson about kindness when he ends up winning the heart of the most attractive girl in the village?

The lesson should be that he fell in love with an average-looking girl with a heart of gold who taught him that kindness trumps the physical exterior. That is what breaks his curse - not a beautiful girl who was obviously spoiled with praise, attention, and admiration from the villagers. Yeah, I know they try to say that Belle was kind but let's face it, it's easier to see an attractive person as kind as long as they aren't a total biatch. There are even studies illustrating this.

I like "The Little Mermaid" (the old one where she actually dies) a lot more.

Advertisements