Advertisement

Author Topic: population of humans  (Read 3788 times)

Xyooj96

population of humans
« on: September 23, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
our Earth now has nearly 8 billion humans, some people said the most this planet could sustain would be 10 billion humans.

how would we increase the human population to say 1 trillion on this planet via natural evolution?
how would we sustain this population?

there are nine planets in our solar system, how could we terraform them for human civilizations on them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clocking population count added by Reporter on Jan. 23, 2017.

http://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/shocking_environmental_facts_and_statistics/world_population_clock_live

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:51:10 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: population of humans
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:27:33 AM »
As of right now, we don't know how to teraform planets, let alone have the technology to travel to those planets. The next best thing would be to start colonizing the moon and orbital space. With our current knowledge, we can build large buildings that have its own sustainable environment similar to eath's. Then large space stations can orbit the earth.

I don't know exactly what is meant by a "sustainable earth ". If it only means unsustainable because of lack of land for living and/or food, then going underground and/or uunderwater. If this route is takeken, the surface lands would most likely be reserved for growing and maintaining our food source and for the rich.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:53:42 PM »
We can't sustain our current population - climate change is the symptoms.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
It is said that the current total population of all humans can be close-quartered into roughly the size of the state of Texas.

This doesn't take into account the bio-fuel, energy, and resources needed to properly sustain all humans and have us thriving. However, this does point out that there is hope and we aren't doomed because in reality, we haven't run out of space. But I do agree that we should take measures to not overpopulate beyond what we have in front of us.

All developed modern nations and societies have one thing in common: a low birth rate across the board. Every single group of immigrant that has come to the USA, upon becoming more educated and become more modern-thinking, has decided against having more than a few children, if any. Just look at the older Hmong generations and then look among your 20-30 year old Hmong demographic and it's obvious. I see so many Hmong couples with just 1-2 children and seeing mid-30 Hmong single un-married people choosing to be childless is not that rare.  So, there is hope!

I really hate young Hmong brothers who have 5+ kids because "I want an army of sons" or "I need someone to take care of me when I'm old or pay my funeral". Or the most pathetic and despondent of all: "if one dies, I still have a few more". Wow, just wow. It is so selfish and primitive. This kind of thinking is why we are in the position we are.

Like comedian Bill Burr says, "Don't you think after 2-3 'ain't shiiit, didn't invent nothing' kid, that you're not going to make a genius? You got a family photo of 15 kids. That's an environmental disaster...and you framed it!"

FetishDream

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
yall need to stop tripping   :2funny:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
Someone must have forgotten to subtract the number of deaths from the number of births.

our Earth now has nearly 8 billion humans, some people said the most this planet could sustain would be 10 billion humans.

how would we increase the human population to say 1 trillion on this planet via natural evolution?

there are nine planets in our solar system, how could we terraform them for human civilizations on them?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »
yall need to stop tripping   :2funny:

Must be from states that legalized marijuana... too much cannabis in the brain  :2funny: :2funny:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:40:58 AM »
With that many people, you'd think they're be around 4billion women or so and yet, some men still can't get laid. such a shame.

Xyooj96

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
sustainable being that we can keep people alive for at least 100 years or more, have the resources to fulfill the basic needs of the society.

the more people there are, the more the genetic diversificatio n will be?

if invasion from aliens, humans will have a chance of not becoming extinct?

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »

Get rid of all the big people and ptomote smaller humans.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
I can't even imagine what will happen when half of families in india owns at one car and one refrigerator.  Same with China.

That would really make the world unlivable.

nooneever

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »
He's a smart guy, and I'm all for nuking the shit out of Mars.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elon-musk-nuke-mars_us_55f1c071e4b093be51bdfffc

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
Look at how fast the world population grows. Like 2 per second or something like that.

http://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/shocking_environmental_facts_and_statistics/world_population_clock_live

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
Get rid of all the big people and ptomote smaller humans.

That's sizeism... as a liberal would put it. 
Well, if that was the case, the US population will decrease by 90%.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 02:15:54 PM »
 ;D O0 Yup. Maybe all that blubber can be recycled.  ;D

Advertisements