Advertisement

Author Topic: Are Chinese cousins to Hmong tribe?  (Read 5445 times)

TheAfterLife

Are Chinese cousins to Hmong tribe?
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:38:45 AM »
By looking at the DNA, I think we are cousins in some ways throughout history. It's like Spanish and French are a cousin since they are rooted in Latin. English and German are rooted in the Germanic language, not Latin.

By Hmong people's DNA of its modern day, we are the older cousin of the Han. According to Chiyou, Han are our baby cousin since Chiyou's third son who tried to govern them, ends up dying by the people who he governed. Koreans are related to Mongols, Turkish, and Japanese. Hmong are more closer to Chinese.

I could be wrong, but what is your thought? :-\ :-\ :-\

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Are Chinese cousins to Hmong tribe?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
Of all the human languages, ours is closer to Chinese than to any other.

So, I agree with you on that.

But I'm not sure if the Hans are our baby cousins though. Not sure what that means.

Hmong, Koreans, Japanese, even Laotians and Thais came out of China.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:04:19 AM »
Shouldn't the DNA results themselves provide the answer or answers?

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
Our original Hmong language was not related to the Han Chinese.  After the Han conquered our tribes, they assimilated us into their language, culture, etc.  Our Hmong language used today is a mixture of Han Chinese, Laotian, etc.  The original language was been lost long times ago...the one thing uniquely Hmong are our traditional clothing wore during New Years...even our belief system was tainted during the Han Chinese's domination over our Miao tribes...

DJ-Jayce

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 01:58:59 PM »
Shouldn't the DNA results themselves provide the answer or answers?

Technically it should. But it also depends on which genetic pool it was taken from since no source was referenced. Was the DNA sample taken from the Hmong or Miao tribes from China or the Hmong tribes from the US or SE Asia outside of China?

1. In Asia, the commonly referenced Hmong or Miao tribes are from China.
2. In the US, the commonly referenced Hmong tribes are us. The ones that roam this forum, the ones with a majority that live in MN, CA, SE Asia region [Laos, Thailand, Vietnam], the ones who fought in the "Secret War", the ones with a majority on welfare in comparison with other US Asian groups. Though we are technically "Hmong", we are distinct enough that we're not the Chinese Hmong or Miao. Like them, us, and a few others we're all subgroups under "Hmong."

I agree we are related to the Chinese. But only modern Hmong are. The original "Hmong" were a different group from the Chinese. Other theory that there could be a relation, is that the original Hmong and the group that would later become the "Chinese" shared a common ancestor. Any farther back, it's approaching the after "Out of Africa" timeline. 

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »
That makes sense.

Sounds like beyond any evidence that can be provided, it's all just conjectures though.

Member2011

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

There is no pure Hmong race however.  So don't dive too deep into it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:00:36 AM »
You're confusing Fantasy with Facts. Dwarves aren't real. At least not like the ones you're comparing our ancestors to.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »
Of course.

But even though you show genuine enthusiasm for our culture, you'd probably make a better argument with hard facts.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
I heard, in the old days, Chinese would take Hmong women and children as brides and slaves after they destroyed Hmong villages.  That would explain why they look so much like us.

Member2011

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »
Ancient Hmong people were different. I agree. Also, speaking in Hmong is like speaking the language of Asiatic Latin style for example. Hmong is like the Latin language in Asia since we are the OLDEST of all other Asians. Dongyi Dynasty has fallen under the empire of the Yellow Dynasty. After the Yellow Dynasty was fallen to the Shang Dynasty, which I think, peace was made between Han and Hmong. The barbarians around the Shang Dynasty, Han and Hmong joined forces to stop the barbarians. Hmong continues to throw axes/hatchets while using swords if we speak of the original tradition of weapons. Hmong use hatchets to kill people in war. By going according to the drawings of Chiyou, we have hatchets. Hmong are like the dwarves that knows how to farm, build metal, and other stuff while Han on the other hand, don't know jack shiiit. They learned our ways and stole our culture. Chinese don't have a culture back then. It was us that had a culture, laws, system, and war battles that we practice. According to history, I have talked to a Hunan person at my work place and he has some infos about Hmong and Han history since he is Half Hmong and Half Han. Hunan people speak totally different from Guizhou and those other Hmong people in the San Miao Confederate States. He claims that Hmong people were a powerful foe. We are scary enough to raid an empire like those Mongols who would pillage a whole village before heading to the empire. This also explains how Zhou Dynasty fell apart.

The way I see it, we are like the Vikings, Irish, or Scottish people in China who just rebelled constantly over a ruthless ruler.

"Stop by in Hunan," that's what my Miao-Han 朋友 told me.

Correct me if I am wrong on certain history. I know that Hmong are fuking BADASS at war in the ancient times like the Shang Dynasty and the Chu Dynasty. Since Hunan was the ORIGINAL country of the Chu Dynasty, it's best we should look into Hunan rather than Guizhou. Guizhou is the San Miao war. Hunan is where the Chu Dynasty has started.

Nope, not going to be one in that circle jerk.  The world simple exists, it does not revolve around us.

Advertisements