Advertisement

Author Topic: I heard that if a debt collector calls you about a debt and...  (Read 4263 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: I heard that if a debt collector calls you about a debt and...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
Are you sure?

A county called about my business partner's debt. I paid half of it (just $1,500.00). Then they called again another time and said I had no obligation but they just wanted to know why I paid for it.
You paid half?  So did he pay the other half himself?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 08:48:41 AM »
Are you sure?

I had a client whose wife died and a lot of her debts were still outstanding.  They didn't collect from him.
If they don't call, that's a good thing.  I think alot of the time they probably won't call but there are those who are slimy enough to try to conn you by making you feel bad about it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 09:11:43 AM »
He did eventually. His house depended on it.

Now, it's all paid off. He has his house and no more collection calls.

You paid half?  So did he pay the other half himself?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »
I guess if I could make you feel better by having you give me some money, I would. There are people who are happy knowing they have helped a friend or a loved one. They are the kind who feel terrible thinking they haven't helped their friends out of hardships.

If they don't call, that's a good thing.  I think alot of the time they probably won't call but there are those who are slimy enough to try to conn you by making you feel bad about it.

"...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »
I guess if I could make you feel better by having you give me some money, I would. There are people who are happy knowing they have helped a friend or a loved one. They are the kind who feel terrible thinking they haven't helped their friends out of hardships.
  Help the friend when he's alive like how you did with that $1.5k payment.  When he's dead, anyone calling to collect from you is just trying to take advantage of you.  ;)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:37 AM »
Are you sure?

A county called about my business partner's debt. I paid half of it (just $1,500.00). Then they called again another time and said I had no obligation but they just wanted to know why I paid for it.

I know right...Sadly some just don't have a broad enough view to see different variables in different scenarios...so they clump everything together...;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »
But does that make you legally obligated for it all if you just paid part of it.. to make yourself feel better? :2funny: :2funny:

Help the friend when he's alive like how you did with that $1.5k payment.  When he's dead, anyone calling to collect from you is just trying to take advantage of you.  ;)

"...

Blongforever

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »

They knew that they were dealing with an attorney :2funny:.  Isn’t that typical of people/companies/agencies that deal with attorneys?  They have no hesitation with taking advantage of you but they often make sure they have a way out if they are being sued.  Such statement would allow them to stand before the judge and said “...your honor..., we informed Mr. Reporter that he has no obligation to pay and...., blah blah to avoid being dragged into a legal battle. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »
Could be. The title was on the checking account. lol

They knew that they were dealing with an attorney :2funny:.  Isn’t that typical of people/companies/agencies that deal with attorneys?  They have no hesitation with taking advantage of you but they often make sure they have a way out if they are being sued.  Such statement would allow them to stand before the judge and said “...your honor..., we informed Mr. Reporter that he has no obligation to pay and...., blah blah to avoid being dragged into a legal battle.

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »
Another trick is if you get their collection letters, you have to send it back with the word moved on it.  If you just tear it up, it is an understood statement that the person did received the notice and the court will fawk you up.  If it shows moved, they will put your mailing Addie on hold and you will not get a notification from them.  They will try other tactics by finding where else you live which is no where.  You will then be a ghost to them and hoping that the 7 years statues of limitation laws to bail you out.

Like I said, plenty of tricks cuz they all cok sucking mother effers. 

People are in hard times so they tack on late fees n penalties till it becomes a ridiculous debt that you have no knowledge about. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Jiggles

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
I heard that if your debt was charged off and sold to a collection agency, then you do not owe the debt anymore and should fight the collectors.  ??? ??? 

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
I heard that if your debt was charged off and sold to a collection agency, then you do not owe the debt anymore and should fight the collectors.  ??? ???

That is false. It will just rebecomes a zombie debt to the new collector.  :2funny:

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Advertisements