Advertisement

Author Topic: Body weight vs Free weights...  (Read 3836 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Body weight vs Free weights...
« on: January 30, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »
I mean...

I haven't "lifted" weights in the longest...(it's only little weights that's why the quotations)

Since 31st of Dec last year...

I only been doing body weight excercises..

Today was one out of 3 days that I did weights.. as in on a bench press... the flat one and the inclined ones..

The thing was... today.. I almost thought about putting 45 plates on each side of the bench press... I was just doing 35's on each side..( I told you I do little weights)

Anyways... I could've did 45's on each side... but the weird thing is... I didn't have to work my way up after weeks..

All that strength just came from doing body weight excercises.... i been doing push-ups and decline push-ups

I remember a few years ago I was doing gyms stuff on weights... and I started really really low.. like 25's on each side.. and it was tough!!!  Took a long way to work my way to 45's on each side...

And now.. only after 3 times in the gym I could've did 45's on each side.. probably like 8 reps..

But yeah.. I think body weight is the way to go. 

untill I guess your body weight is too light then just add a vest!

I did 90 push ups like.. a few minutes ago.. I just alternate.. 15 decline and 15 regular.. 3 sets in between my ab stuff..

You'd be surprise how much you can crank out if you split it up. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Body weight vs Free weights...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »
Body weights vs Free weights.

Similar motions but functionality and techniques can be very different.

In short, free weights is more for isolation motion that which you focus more so on few muscles.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Jiggles

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:17:08 AM »
From my experience (and by that I don't mean I'm a pro or anything), body weight makes you stronger. I don't "lift" very heavy either, but I found I became stronger through planks versus free weights. I still do both and will add weighted plates to my planks, etc.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 08:00:38 PM »
What most people underestimate is core body strength.  By that it's like your abs, delts, gluts, pects, shoulders.  A person's core strength is what really makes a person strong.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements