Advertisement

Author Topic: Woman failed to understand that tip is not required especially for carry out  (Read 681 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
I used to work in the food service industry and I've never look at tip as a requirement... Unless it clearly stated before hand like for some large parties before they dine in...Tip or not I still show up and do the my job the same so getting mad over something that a customer is not required to do is the last thing on my mind...:

A server was mad when a church didn’t tip her for a $735 order. Now she’s fired for complaining on social media

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLA. (WSVN) - A Palm Beach County restaurant employee was fired after she took her anger over not being tipped on a large takeout order to social media.

Christ Fellowship Church, also in Palm Beach Gardens, placed the $735 order to be picked up at a nearby Outback Steakhouse, Wednesday.

A volunteer went to pick it all up — and server Tamlynn Yoder was there to help out.

“I brought it out, put it in the car. We received the payment. there was no gratuity,” said Yoder.

Next stop for Yoder was her social media platform. “I got upset. I posted a post on Facebook about the church not leaving a gratuity tip,” she said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
If you are not bright, I don't think you should serve the public.

She would of gotten away with it if she vocal it with her friends n family but social media I tell you, it can cost you your job or take this other case for instant.  Went fishing n the dude caught a big ol fish.  Like a happy fisherman, he took pix with a little description.  Then dfg came knocking on his door, took his fish for evidence n took all of his fishing gears plus boat. 

Sturgeon in Cali has a slot limit and to make matters worst, Green sturgeon are endangered species and must not take. 

The guy doesn't know but thanks to social media, the guy got tipped off as a poached. 

Thus why I don't post personal incriminating stuff on my Facebook for strangers to see.  On pH is different.  We don't turn each other in do we? 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements