Advertisement

Author Topic: Question Of The Day 5/8/2018  (Read 975 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Question Of The Day 5/8/2018
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:02:15 AM »
What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Question Of The Day 5/8/2018
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
too dumb for me to post on here.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
Oh come on, man.  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Special_K

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:24 AM »
Hmmm... driving a scooter in a foreign land.

Sapa, Vietnam - 1st time ever driving a scooter, rented the bike for $6.00 for the day. Went driving on paved roads then thought i was a pro and went on gravel thru the twisty winding roads, down and up to the Hmong Villages on the hill side, I came to a huge steep hill, on the left of the path, there was the side of the mountain, on the right a steep cliff, basically fall to your death or get seriously injured. No one in sight besides myself and my ex, after a huge argument about who would go up first etc.. we decided he would go up first and then come down to drive me up the hill, he disappears at the top of the hill and i thought if he could do it, i can too, (worst mistake of my life) i rev my scooter and shot up, half way up and i was at full throttle, the bike loses power. Now at this point i thought, I fuc*ked up. Either i lean to my right the scooter falls on me and i roll back down or i just die, i screamed and didn't even think to lunge off the bike, and leaned thankfully to my left and hit the hillside. the scooter fell on me, pinning me down, gas was leaking everywhere, and i see my ex running down the hill, face was pale.. and I'm cracking up out of sheer fear. he pulls the scooter off me cause it was too heavy and i am bleeding from scrapes and cuts all down my left leg, arm and feet..... he was yelling at me about how stupid i was, why didn't i just wait.. argh... yeah i agreed.

What i didn't know was that if you start losing power.... rev it again! Thankfully i didn't fall off the cliff. Thankfully i didn't break anything, but the scenery was beautiful... literally to die for. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
i was in the process of hanging a poster...i dropped one of those tacks (facing up)..immediately, i thought to myself, i better pick it up before i step on it.  well, i decided, i'll just post this poster up real quick, first.  Stepped on the stool to pin the top corners and as my foot came down.....i squashed a roach!  eww...it must've hurt him real bad!  ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »
Should have stopped to sing and dance on the hillside with the ex.

Hmmm... driving a scooter in a foreign land.

Sapa, Vietnam - 1st time ever driving a scooter, rented the bike for $6.00 for the day. Went driving on paved roads then thought i was a pro and went on gravel thru the twisty winding roads, down and up to the Hmong Villages on the hill side, I came to a huge steep hill, on the left of the path, there was the side of the mountain, on the right a steep cliff, basically fall to your death or get seriously injured. No one in sight besides myself and my ex, after a huge argument about who would go up first etc.. we decided he would go up first and then come down to drive me up the hill, he disappears at the top of the hill and i thought if he could do it, i can too, (worst mistake of my life) i rev my scooter and shot up, half way up and i was at full throttle, the bike loses power. Now at this point i thought, I fuc*ked up. Either i lean to my right the scooter falls on me and i roll back down or i just die, i screamed and didn't even think to lunge off the bike, and leaned thankfully to my left and hit the hillside. the scooter fell on me, pinning me down, gas was leaking everywhere, and i see my ex running down the hill, face was pale.. and I'm cracking up out of sheer fear. he pulls the scooter off me cause it was too heavy and i am bleeding from scrapes and cuts all down my left leg, arm and feet..... he was yelling at me about how stupid i was, why didn't i just wait.. argh... yeah i agreed.

What i didn't know was that if you start losing power.... rev it again! Thankfully i didn't fall off the cliff. Thankfully i didn't break anything, but the scenery was beautiful... literally to die for. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements