Advertisement

Author Topic: Funny, this pro athlete doesn't know who Tom Brady is..LOL  (Read 711 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
C'mon Ichiro, Tom Brady is only arguably the greatest NFL quarterback of all time... ;D:

Tom Brady asked Ichiro for advice on stretching, Ichiro had no idea who Brady was

If Tom Brady isn’t the most recognizable active American athlete, he’s on a very short list. This means nothing to Ichiro Suzuki.

Anyway, Brady apparently texted the recently retired (maybe?) Ichiro asking if he could study his stretching routine, according to a passage in Peter Gammons’ story on Ichiro for The Athletic. Ichiro is one of the most entertaining players in Major League Baseball history and famously maniacal about his preparation off of it. Brady is similarly focused on keeping his body sharp, and considering he won an MVP award at 40, it’s working pretty well. Seems like a good match to hang out and discuss stretching and whatnot.

...One morning in spring training, 2017, he was in the coaches’ room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn’t recognize. The guy said he’d gotten Ichiro’s number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.
“What’s the guy’s name?” asked one of the coaches.
Ichiro strolled to the end of the text. “Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the f— is Tom Brady?”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Funny, this pro athlete doesn't know who Tom Brady is..LOL
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »
I know right, even I put up a thread lol. Some people probably don’t know Ichiro either.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Funny, this pro athlete doesn't know who Tom Brady is..LOL
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:52:27 PM »
I lived with a jap foreign exchange student while in college.  He was a big Seattle fan because of itchyrow. 

From my understanding, baseball is about all that my Japs roomie is into.   I wanted to take him to a baseball game like the A's vs Seattle on a cheap ticket Tuesday but was not able to.  I did took him and my Malaysian roomie to Vegas though.  I payed for the trip, costly and all but I'm glad I did cuz now both guys are back in their country after graduation and we lost touch since. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements