Advertisement

Author Topic: i have such wonderful news to share... my daughter for the last 2 yrs has  (Read 2107 times)

flint-rod

relentlessly tried to be in honors math... her teacher called and said that next year... her 8th grade yr she'll be in... honors math... something she has longed for since the 6th grade...

my son on the other hand... he's in the 4th grade taking 6th grade math...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
that's great to hear.

Like this post: +1

MissWildflower

Awesome news! As a parent, it's always a joy to know your child/children are excelling academically. The material they learn these days are much more challenging than our times, yet they still exceed expectations! Congratulation s to your children on their accomplishment s!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
That is the advantage of a parents who are in the education fields. 

My Wis cousin n his wife are both educators.  He's a director at the u of Green Bay and she's a grade school teacher.  They taught their daughter at infantry who can't even talk yet but was able to identify animals and sounds.  So that one summer when I went to visit, I babysat his daughter at Walmart to kill time while they go close a housing deal.  At this moment, I do not know their daughter at all.  I picked up a farm book and flipped the pages and as soon an animal she sees, I points my finger at it and she gave me a sounds.  Duck goes quack, cow goes moo. 

Letting your kids to learn two grade in advance is key.  I was more of the next chapter kind of a guy and even with that, my teacher thought I was gifted smart.  Really dumb as a rock though. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

flint-rod

flint-rod

Awesome news! As a parent, it's always a joy to know your child/children are excelling academically. The material they learn these days are much more challenging than our times, yet they still exceed expectations! Congratulation s to your children on their accomplishment s!

agree and thanks... i absolutely hated school when i was younger... i found my passion in gym and recess... i'm just glad that my kids don't take up after their old man... lol!

flint-rod

That is the advantage of a parents who are in the education fields. 

My Wis cousin n his wife are both educators.  He's a director at the u of Green Bay and she's a grade school teacher.  They taught their daughter at infantry who can't even talk yet but was able to identify animals and sounds.  So that one summer when I went to visit, I babysat his daughter at Walmart to kill time while they go close a housing deal.  At this moment, I do not know their daughter at all.  I picked up a farm book and flipped the pages and as soon an animal she sees, I points my finger at it and she gave me a sounds.  Duck goes quack, cow goes moo. 

Letting your kids to learn two grade in advance is key.  I was more of the next chapter kind of a guy and even with that, my teacher thought I was gifted smart.  Really dumb as a rock though.

so i teach 9th grade math... my colleague teaches 9th grade science and he is struggling to get his middle school daughter to do any kind of work in school... i think being a single parent might have something to do with it too...

MissWildflower

so i teach 9th grade math... my colleague teaches 9th grade science and he is struggling to get his middle school daughter to do any kind of work in school... i think being a single parent might have something to do with it too...

How do you find time to be on PH being a high school teacher? Just curious.

flint-rod

im not working today because i will be attending my nephew's graduation here in a bit... normally i teach two 90 minute block classes a day and that's pretty much it... :D

flint-rod

oh... and i get paid for 8 hours... lol!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile

It is only 9th grade and it shouldn't be all that difficult. 

If my memory does not fail me, most 9th graders have the best GPA of their high school years.  Classes are easier and teachers giving out A's to introduce the new students to high school. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

MissWildflower

agree and thanks... i absolutely hated school when i was younger... i found my passion in gym and recess... i'm just glad that my kids don't take up after their old man... lol!

I loved school  :) and did okay all through my schooling years... but when I graduated w/ my masters, I decided I never want to see another textbook in my life  ;D However, what I mean about the material being more challenging is I'm always blown away by the content/material my 1st grader is learning these days. Yet, she makes it seem like a breeze and her vocabulary now is like mine as a middle schooler. It's either the material these days are more challenging or the curriculum I grew up with was just outdated.

Anyway, Teacher Appreciation Week was last week so thanks for being an educator! Teachers truly make a difference in children's lives!

MissWildflower

im not working today because i will be attending my nephew's graduation here in a bit... normally i teach two 90 minute block classes a day and that's pretty much it... :D

Oh, okay. Well, even on a day off, you would rather spend time on PH? If I had a day off, I would be enjoying the beautiful day outdoors walking, gardening, or doing whatever that does not involve being in front of a screen or on my phone. Enjoy your nephew's graduation then!

MissWildflower

It is only 9th grade and it shouldn't be all that difficult. 

If my memory does not fail me, most 9th graders have the best GPA of their high school years.  Classes are easier and teachers giving out A's to introduce the new students to high school.

Yes, but I don't recall my 9th grade math teacher - or any of my high school teachers for that matter - ever having free time to be on their computer/laptop. High schoolers can be rowdy and troublemakers, so even when not doing their assignments, I remember my high school teachers just always carefully watching the class Lol I guess it's different these days. Good for teachers then that they find a break here or there during their workday!

flint-rod

thanks... i don't teach at a traditional school if that helps...

Advertisements