Advertisement

Author Topic: Had to defend a friend because some Hmong have no self-control  (Read 933 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
So I attended a funeral recently (a good friend's mom). In her recorded final wish, she doesn't want any alcohol present at her funeral at all due to the damages she has seen alcoholics caused in her life time from Laos to America. Plus, she's a Christian convert.

During the viewing session, my friend noticed that a couple of his relatives sneaked in some alcohol even though they knew about the deceased's wishes. He pretty much told them to leave for being so disrespectful and I backed him up because it's just pure stupidity. I pretty told them, you could've drink before/after you attend or do it outside of the funeral gathering if you really needed that bad...:idiot2:

It's common sense and very simple, can't respect people's wishes, don't attend...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Had to defend a friend because some Hmong have no self-control
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »
paying respect to the deceased.  if that means, whatever is on their wish list.  I'm all game for it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »
Like my dad told me a long time ago to burn his azz after he die. 

I just can't do it.  I don't know what to do with the urns ashes.  Maybe sit in the garage n collect dust.  I'm already thinking of doubling his life insurance just to bury him in style. 

Nothing about being disrespectful here.  Just that I don't want to carry his azz with me.  You die, you go chill in the cemetery with the rest of them. 

My opinion as the only and golden dragon child of course.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:16:12 AM »
I totally with you on this one.  Can't respect the deceases or family decision then don't need to attend. 

I just don't get it with the alcohol things with Hmong people.  People who claim to drink casually later turns out to be heavy drinkers and ruin their lives.  I still know people today who drink every weekend and they live life today for today, lost, no life and no future and continues to thrive and defend their drinking, wasting life away.  Just sad. 

I just attend a relative gathering this weekend and as soon as they pull out the alcohol and start to sit people around the table, I left to have conversation outside of the house with others.  You can call me what ever you want, but I'm going home sober and in good health lol.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »
I mean if they didn't know about the wishes, fine but should still get rid of it asap or leave. They knew about it ahead of time and still tried to sneak it in..total disrespect... :idiot2:

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +656
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
I totally with you on this one.  Can't respect the deceases or family decision then don't need to attend. 

I just don't get it with the alcohol things with Hmong people.  People who claim to drink casually later turns out to be heavy drinkers and ruin their lives.  I still know people today who drink every weekend and they live life today for today, lost, no life and no future and continues to thrive and defend their drinking, wasting life away.  Just sad. 

I just attend a relative gathering this weekend and as soon as they pull out the alcohol and start to sit people around the table, I left to have conversation outside of the house with others.  You can call me what ever you want, but I'm going home sober and in good health lol.

Can’t say I agree with that assessment. Maybe the people you know and the rude people theking encountered have similar mentality but can’t label our people that same way. I do enjoy a few drinks here and there.

Advertisements