Advertisement

Author Topic: The work force  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
The work force
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »
How has the work force changed for you throughout the years?It seems everyone that I talk to want to get out of their current job. Everyone seems so depressed and stressed out, looking for a way out. And its just not in one field, its across every market. And do you believe in the saying that "its not the job, its the people"?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: The work force
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:25:10 PM »
My work laid old people off by volunteer.  They give $52,000 but you must qualify.  10+ years full time workers.  They bail out and take the money just to go work with the competitors. 

In the news.  Sears not making it but old retiree are qualified to Cash out their retirement money that Sears must pay.

Sears even say a part of the reason why they are failing is because of this ancient plan.  In the millions they pay out, money they could of use to ramp up the company. 

These days, we work for position.  A buddy CFO quit to work for Tesla.  One month in he quit saying the numbers there are beyond repair.  Pair that with Elon musk smoking weed video gone viral, my Hmong buddy who works there just sold all of his stocks or whatever he can execute. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:22:25 AM »
I wouldn't bet against Tesla and Elon musk just yet. Musk has a lot of rich friends and is getting ready to build a plant in China. Its all part of a business plan in my opinion. He's got a great vision for the future and I believe he will pull it off.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
No doubt that Tesla will thrive as a company.  It is an iconic name brand of the 21st century so how can it die ya know?

Unless there is competition.  Musk said about taking the company private with back up money from Saudi Arabia or some curry nation.  Stocks went up.  Then dude backed out so stocks went down and lawsuit pending cuz dude can not do that to manipulate the market.  The same curry that was going to support him now invested big money into a happy or Chinese company that also makes electric.  They just make it as fast as the model s but more luxury.  Prices not cheap either.  They planning to open A plant in a
Arizona.

As long as there is competition, it then helps to push the market for electrical vehicles and causes musk to speed up his game plan instead of monopolizing the industry and dude can take his sweet time at it too.

He already got a rich jap guy to send around the moon with his spacex project to worry about these days. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
There is no job loyalty anymore. Seems every 2-3 years companies are always coming and going. And all that trickles down to all the employees.

Offline techy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »
Unfortunately not every choices we make are correct nor every place conducive to good work and career growth and so it is understandable to have movements.  But maybe the high number of job changes, is a sign that we have a healthier economy.  Shuffling people to where they fit better, should improves people's productivity overall.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 03:31:07 AM »
Could just be the work culture of each company, too. Millennials are entering the workforce and they are bringing their SJW mindset.

Senior management want Millennials to get the word out in order to gain new consumers. Unfortunately, Millennials care more about social justice crap so they use the company's name to propagandize their ideology. 

In the end though, consumers only care about getting a good product that is budget-friendly. THAT HASN'T CHANGED.

If you work for one of these SJW corporations than you must be familiar with HR's annoying emails about unconscious bias training and stuff. They are literally treating employees like preschoolers who need to be schooled on how to be nice and inclusive. Give me a f.cking break.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 04:54:34 PM »
The current work farce...

Some employees...Le t's give them some training so that they can perform better...

...results...h alf of them are already crying in tears.

Now we have to do a big apology thingy... >:(

What's so hard about "Go to the stockroom and bring back 20# copy paper"

...brings back every other kind of stationary except for that copy paper.

now we can't even train them on how to load the printer.  30 second task that can't even be trained for 6 months down the road.  No wonder society is doomed.  Or at least we hope that some plague will wipe out the useless population.

Sorry for trying to teach you a task.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements