Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Women in California  (Read 15010 times)

NorCalBoriquen

Hmong Women in California
« on: October 27, 2018, 07:10:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am not Hmong so I do have a couple question about American Hmong women. I once dated a couple of Hmong girls when I use to live in Sacramento, Ca.
I was very attracted to them but I found they liked to party and drink which was a deal breaker for me. I had talked to a couple other Hmong's who also liked clubbing and drinking.
Is this normal for Hmong women or was I taking to the wrong women? I am not into clubbing, drinking or parties. I feel I am too old for that and all I wanted was to have a strong relationship with a family. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Women in California
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:16:24 AM »
Haven't you heard of our Hmong women lawyers and doctors and business ladies and leaders? I know a few who are available.

If you don't like clubbing and drinking, then you have met the wrong women.

There are many who aren't like that. Just take your time to meet more. You'll find them at the churches or new year and tournment events, not at clubs. I don't know why people think clubbers represent a whole culture or anything like that. Hmong are just like other groups: a mix of two things--good and bad. You just need to find your niche.

Good Hmong women don't just go for any clubber. So, make sure you don't appear to be one also.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:00:54 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am not Hmong so I do have a couple question about American Hmong women. I once dated a couple of Hmong girls when I use to live in Sacramento, Ca.
I was very attracted to them but I found they liked to party and drink which was a deal breaker for me. I had talked to a couple other Hmong's who also liked clubbing and drinking.
Is this normal for Hmong women or was I taking to the wrong women? I am not into clubbing, drinking or parties. I feel I am too old for that and all I wanted was to have a strong relationship with a family.
each to it's own...however to dismiss hmong women because they like to drink and party, would be at your own lost.   we hmong people drink, but we drink in good company (you'll see it at weddings, from special events to birthdays and simple gatherings).  We have a case of beer in our fridge, wine and spirits stocked away not because we are alcoholics but to 'tos qhua', a term meaning to 'welcome guests'.  to refuse the offering of a drink is a sign of disrespect (please note: it's not about the drinking but the offering).  In retrospect, if a hmong woman doesn't offer you a drink, you can arguably say, she isn't in to you.  when it comes to parties, there shouldn't be any gripes...this is where you'll find a high majority of them (hmong women) to be single (primarily at the clubs).  you can go to church, but are you a believer?  going to church to find a wife is a sin.  you can go to the new years, but how are you going to distinguish who's married or single among the 1000's, why make your dating plan even harder?  you can go to a professionals event, like hmong women meeting of the minds, powerful hmong women, hmong women realtors, lawyers and/or doctors but it's not a dating event...can't go there and say, "i'm here to find a professional wife."

when you feel old and want to settle down, skip all the fun events, here's a few options you can take...#1 overseas, best place to get married and train your own wife.  #2 funeral homes (ms. goodie two-shoes, will be serving food there)...and lastly, maybe farmer's market...those girls don't party or drink, they need to get up early and help their parents with produce collection and sales (caution: avoid the nyabs, aka..daughter in-laws).

bottomline, if you got the skills heart, you can make any hmong woman (party poopers to bi-polar alcoholic drunks, and especially a ho.e) into a housewife.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:06:17 AM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »
Hi everyone,

Depends as each group has their partyers, home bodies, etc...whether it be White, Black, Spanish, Asian...

NorCalBoriquen

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
I actually met both at work when I use to work for a bank in Sacramento (not as a teller).
I really don't believe in stereotypes as I am Puerto Rican and Italian and heard many bad things about my race and culture. I know both women I met in the past had just got out of a really bad relationship and maybe they were just letting loose and spreading their wings. The thing I didn't like is how their friends were able to convince them to be wild. I am not perfect as I have seen and dealt my fair share of craziness but as history has taught us it will repeat itself. I dont like going backwards.
It's funny, I actually grew up in San Francisco and never heard of Hmong's until I moved to the East Bay Area (San Pablo/Richmond). I remember meeting a few Hmong's and they were cool. But when I moved to Sactown I noticed a lot of Hmong women with guys who treated them very poorly. I couldn't understand why these women would allow men to talk to them so badly.
I grew up very ghetto as a child (poor on food stamps) and seen how people treated women in the housing projects I use to live in. I couldn't talk to people that way, it's not cool.
As for a women's education, it's not that important to me. There are several educated women out there that don't have degrees and are doing very well. There are also single mothers out there who are juggling work and family life who don't have a degree.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
I actually met both at work when I use to work for a bank in Sacramento (not as a teller).
I really don't believe in stereotypes as I am Puerto Rican and Italian and heard many bad things about my race and culture. I know both women I met in the past had just got out of a really bad relationship and maybe they were just letting loose and spreading their wings. The thing I didn't like is how their friends were able to convince them to be wild. I am not perfect as I have seen and dealt my fair share of craziness but as history has taught us it will repeat itself. I dont like going backwards.

I think you're correct regarding those women wanting a release after their "really bad relationship"...Seems like it was a combination of that, and alcohol. I say alcohol because I've seen my fair share of folks using Jose Cuervo, Jack Daniels, Hennessy, etc., to help them ease their depression/sadness. Perhaps they were in a very controlling, abusive, and boring relationships and have never experienced being "wild" and were curious?? Many Hmong girls are raised under very strict family environment to maintain their bride-price value and some married at a very young age so that's probably the first time those girls could really let loose...?  ???

It's funny, I actually grew up in San Francisco and never heard of Hmong's until I moved to the East Bay Area (San Pablo/Richmond). I remember meeting a few Hmong's and they were cool.

Yep, you're not alone when it comes to "never heard of Hmong's"...I've had friends and co-workers that have never heard of Hmong either mainly because we are a very small minority group in America. Plus, when our elders were fighting along side and helping the Americans during the Vietnam War, it was a "Secret War" so no real mention of the Hmong's contribution in history books and what not...

When we arrived in America, we lived in Richmond for a short period too. Since we were poor, we lived in the ghetto..Richmo nd is already on the bad side as a whole on average so you can imagine how much worst the ghetto areas are...

But when I moved to Sactown I noticed a lot of Hmong women with guys who treated them very poorly. I couldn't understand why these women would allow men to talk to them so badly.

In the patriarch Hmong society, women have very little say in the matter...At a very young age, many Hmong girls were raised and brought up to be obedient especially towards their husbands, in-laws, etc., even if they are in a forced or arranged marriage situation. They just have to suck it up. I'm glad to see some have progressed, realized their worth and basic human rights and stand up for what's right and fight those inequalities. Sadly some still in that hopelessness mode...

I grew up very ghetto as a child (poor on food stamps) and seen how people treated women in the housing projects I use to live in. I couldn't talk to people that way, it's not cool.
As for a women's education, it's not that important to me. There are several educated women out there that don't have degrees and are doing very well. There are also single mothers out there who are juggling work and family life who don't have a degree.

Yep, good to see feel that way too. I grew up in a broken home where my father was controlling and abusive. I'm glad my mom was able to empowered herself and got out of that mess in America. Even at a young age, I knew how wrong my father was for mistreating my mom so everything I observed he did that was bad, I turn 180 degree from it. As we grow into adulthood, we are in charge of ourselves so repeating those bad cycles is just an excuse for many IMO. My question for the cycle repeating folks is, 'how did you feel when that happen?' If you feel bad about it, then why repeat it??

Also agree that education/status/wealth/race/religion ...etc., is not as important as how the person carries him/herself...in society.

Offline blia

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »
take a look around you, see who your friends are? how you are meeting these people are a reflection of what you are like yourself

anyone can give you a million ways of how to look for an ideal women but you know what's best for yourself. Ask around, join social networks and get to know their online persona and then work around there to see how you would go about in getting to know more like minded individual like yourself. Churches, funerals, clubs and Hmong newyears may not be the best approach if you're a shy individual who's not a social butterfly.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
Hi, as a hmong man, I would like for you to leave my Hmong women alone.  It is against my culture if I approve your lusting over a territory that is foreign to you.   :2funny:i

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:07:27 PM by DuMa »

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

NorCalBoriquen

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »
Thanks for all our input and advise, I have learned a few things. And to the Hmong man who told me to stay away from his Hmong women.. Your a funny guy!  :2funny: I wouldnt care if you dated women from my race but I would advise you not to if you never have because 8-10 Puerto Rican women dont like being talked down to and they will fight back. Most Latina women are so drama, that's why I stay away, it's hard work to make them happy.
I would have to say the the things that I do like about Hmong women is their personality, loyalty and beauty. It's hard meeting Asian women who are not semi-racist towards mixed ethnicities. When I tell people I am Puerto Rican they are surprise and say I am not black. Sorry not all boricuas are black, most come from Europe like Spain as my family did.

Anyhow, thanks for taking it easy on me up on here. I find people in forums are not always so nice and become very defensive or some people like to start stuff (Internet Gangstas). I was curious about Hmong women and always wondered if I did something wrong in my past relationships.

Thanks again.  O0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »
You find the Hmong women you're seeking at Hmong Church.  They also like what you like.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline blia

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »
Thanks for all our input and advise, I have learned a few things. And to the Hmong man who told me to stay away from his Hmong women.. Your a funny guy!  :2funny: I wouldnt care if you dated women from my race but I would advise you not to if you never have because 8-10 Puerto Rican women dont like being talked down to and they will fight back. Most Latina women are so drama, that's why I stay away, it's hard work to make them happy.
I would have to say the the things that I do like about Hmong women is their personality, loyalty and beauty. It's hard meeting Asian women who are not semi-racist towards mixed ethnicities. When I tell people I am Puerto Rican they are surprise and say I am not black. Sorry not all boricuas are black, most come from Europe like Spain as my family did.

Anyhow, thanks for taking it easy on me up on here. I find people in forums are not always so nice and become very defensive or some people like to start stuff (Internet Gangstas). I was curious about Hmong women and always wondered if I did something wrong in my past relationships.

Thanks again.  O0

He's not even Hmong. He's Vietnamese. He is making a mockery of his self stupidity. Hmong people aren't that rude.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »
And to the Hmong man who told me to stay away from his Hmong women.. Your a funny guy!  :2funny:

I think he's just being " funny" by mocking some of those primitive Hmong men that don't believe in women having the right to choose like them. Seems like every race has those primitive apples in their basket.

Like this thread I created:

...the Hmong guys that have a problem when Hmong girls date/marry out of race and/or ethnic group...They failed to see the simple fact that women are also human and should have the same rights as them i.e., being able to choose who they date/marry... No need for this long drawn out answer IMO...:idiot2::

"Why do some white men get angry when white women date Asian men?"

Those answers saying here it doesn't happen shouldn't forget that it's not happening only because it doesn't happen in large rates nowadays because most women have already been brainwashed by white male owned media to think negatively about Asian men perpetuating Stereotypes about them. And this includes Asian women.

Again, don't forget why white males started perpetuating such Stereotypes in the first place. Historically, Indian Males(and other South Asian Males) who went to UK in colonial period almost up to independence had good rapport with White Females, which irked these Men to perpetuate Stereotypes about the 'Dark, Indian Rapist' and so on. Also many Interracial bonding were prevented. Then we have Chinese males face this pressure during the 'Yellow Peril' time. Filipino men were doing good with white women somewhere once and there was even a Filipino actor in Hollywood who was becoming successful. But white males tried the best to pull that actor down and perpetuate Stereotypes so that White women don't date these men. During the Japanese Internment , whites makes with Japanese wives weren't punished while the opposite pairing was put in the camp.

Meanwhile if we have white males being with non white females, we have a bad history were such couples have been racist and Misandry against men of the non white race. Take for example during Colonialism in Latin America, Canary Islands, Philippines, etc. The racism had been Hyper-descent, whereby the White males made unions with non white females (many rapes too occurred) , while they killed the native men or were racist and violent to them. In Latin America, it was between white males and native/African women. Similarly in Anglo ruled countries too, such instances have occurred but not in a huge scale.

Even today we have tons of Racist Far right leaning White males with Asian partners but it's uncommon in the other way.

Those primitive idiotic White males sure hate couples like this one:

Yay, for white girls and Asian guys! I’m a European mutt and he is 100% Chinese, born in China, moved here at 15. Here in CA, there is no problem, but when we went to China to visit his family, you’d think I was famous with all the stares let alone photos people took of us! Also, I couldn’t help posting this pic of us at Halloween. I’m sleeping beauty and he is Li Shang from Mulan! We are to be wed in less than 6 months!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:53:44 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »
You find the Hmong women you're seeking at Hmong Church.  They also like what you like.

Depends as I've seen some Hmong church girls that are worst than the club girls and vice-versa..in terms of character...so one should still approach with caution...rega rdless

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 01:19:47 AM »
As a Hmong person let me be the first to tell you that a majority of Hmong people are very ignorant, even the educated ones. Why is this? Because the majority of them grew up in a Hmong bubble. The majority of them were raised in a large Hmong community, living in states with the highest Hmong populations: California, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

If they did have encounters with other races, it was typically done out of defiance, which means they were somewhat of a black sheep to begin with.

Many of them did not engage with other races until they were in college. Most likely they spent their entire childhood and teenage years hanging out with other Hmong youths, specifically cousins.

Everything they think they know about other races is from watching television and movies.

Many of them come from large clans which means every weekend was spent around more Hmong people - their relatives.

This is why you see many Hmong young adults to even adults nowadays acting the fool. They finally got a taste of freedom and life away from Hmong community.

Advertisements