Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong students in Sanger celebrated for 4.0 gpas  (Read 7661 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong students in Sanger celebrated for 4.0 gpas
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
Impressive! 4.0 and above gpa. Cool.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »
 8)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 08:56:25 PM »
https://kmph.com/news/local/sanger-high-school-honors-hmong-students-parents

Good for them but this should not be news worthy... it should be the norm. When we reach a point where it's normal for Hmong to get 4.0GPA is when we've arrived!!!

Like this post: +1
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 03:18:32 AM »
This is both good and bad. On one hand, it shows that the Hmong can easily assimilate and reach heights equal to their counterparts. On the other hand, it also implies that we must generally be such low performers that this is a rare incident worthy of celebration. After all, we have a history of low performers and continue to do so.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
That's right, when you're Asian, you have to excel before they think you're equal.  4.0GPA.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 02:22:44 AM »
^^^

Losers like you do so in order to get validation from whites. The rest of us do it because we can, whether whites care or not.

Unlike you, I could give a s.hit about white racists. If they don't hire me because I'm Asian then it's their loss and I view it as dodging a bullet. I'd rather take my skills and talent where it will be highly rewarded.

You're butt-hurt about whites because you depend on them to hire you and to give you opportunities.

Some of us create our own opportunities.

I've never had to apply for a job. People always came to me and created job positions for me in their company.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 11:02:01 PM »
This is both good and bad. On one hand, it shows that the Hmong can easily assimilate and reach heights equal to their counterparts. On the other hand, it also implies that we must generally be such low performers that this is a rare incident worthy of celebration. After all, we have a history of low performers and continue to do so.

Totally agree with you.. these celebrations make it seem like it's not the norm, a once in a life time happening. Kinda like how news media write about a black student getting into ivy league college. It must be rare to write about it.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
Totally agree with you.. these celebrations make it seem like it's not the norm, a once in a life time happening. Kinda like how news media write about a black student getting into ivy league college. It must be rare to write about it.

So no more Hmong NY's or sports festival?

I mean, with all talks about assimilation, why the need to segregate schools or celebrate cultures or even spout diversity?

If the goal is total assimilation, then why the need to do anything but just exist?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 05:14:25 AM »
So no more Hmong NY's or sports festival?

I mean, with all talks about assimilation, why the need to segregate schools or celebrate cultures or even spout diversity?

If the goal is total assimilation, then why the need to do anything but just exist?

Hold up here. You want to segregate schools? The true intentions of a lib comes out after all.

Hmong New Year is a cultural celebration with religious practices. How the hell did you think it even falls into the category of what we're discussing?  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Even if people assimilate they would still practice aspects of their culture that is uniquely tied to their ancestral heritage.

Advertisements