Advertisement

Author Topic: Saw Spirits Dawn in San Jose and not sure if Nrees Xiong of the Hands band had  (Read 672 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...a small role in it but the character in the mugging scene looked just like him.. ??? ;D...

Although there's no admission fee, I donated some money to help our young Hmong students at San Jose State since they organized this event...Didn't stick around for the food they supplied at the Fuz Lounge but I thought it was a nice touch on those young people's part... O0 ...Anyways, took some photos to share..

Arrived:

Heading to the small but nice theater:

Once the show was over, it was time to head over to the Fuz Lounge for the reception:

Gathering outside of the theater to head over to the Fuz Lounge for the reception:

I ate already so I didn't go to the Fuz Lounge with them for the reception but stopped by the Starbucks in SJSU before heading home ..for my dessert... 8):

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Man, 4000 plus is a good size number, hopefully none of the young bright Hmong SJSU students I talked to during the movie is not part of it... ???:

SJSU needs to solve homeless student crisis
Student Homeless Alliance is working to bring creative solutions to an unacceptable problem

...the majority of SJSU students work 20-plus hours a week, many have a difficult time affording the basics, like housing, particularly when the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in San Jose is $2,460, and a studio apartment on campus is $1,700 a month. SJSU students, many of whom come from working class and low-income families, simply cannot afford this amount for rent. Incredibly, this has forced many students into homelessness.

...over 4,000 SJSU students have experienced homeless within the past year. Clearly, this is totally unacceptable, and deserves a response by President Mary Papazian and her administration, as well as city and county leaders.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements